Sponsored

Twraps MagSafe charger for Lightning

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
Hi all,

I have been using the Twraps MagSafe charger for my Mach E due to the Ford charger being awful, and was unsurprised to find the wireless charger in the Lightning also sucks.

So I reached out to Twraps on the Mach E forum to see if he would be interested in making one for the Lightning and long story short, we worked together to get the right measurements and tested a prototype.

After some adjustments, he has officially launched it on the Twraps store for purchase! I am enjoying mine and am so happy he decided to make one for us Lightning owners. It uses double-sided tape to stick to the stock wireless charger and easily fits my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

Photos of my “production version” below along with the link to purchase.

**I’m not affiliated with Twraps in any way and do not benefit financially from this at all…I just enjoy his MagSafe products and wanted to share.**

https://twraps.com/products/f150-lightning-magsafe-compatible-wireless-charger

Ford F-150 Lightning Twraps MagSafe charger for Lightning IMG_3462
Ford F-150 Lightning Twraps MagSafe charger for Lightning IMG_3457
Ford F-150 Lightning Twraps MagSafe charger for Lightning IMG_0177
Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Im really interested in a magsafe charger thatll sit on top of the wooden sliding lid. I have bigs hands and putting my hand in there i always get scratched by the lid mechanism or the tray.

mobilelingual

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Interesting idea however only 10W charging due to input power I assume. Haven't had an issues charging my iPhone 15 Pro Max on the factory wireless charger but no idea what kind of power it gets. Would definitely jump onboard if it was full 15W MagSafe or Qi2.

OP
OP
Stang68

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting idea however only 10W charging due to input power I assume. Haven't had an issues charging my iPhone 15 Pro Max on the factory wireless charger but no idea what kind of power it gets. Would definitely jump onboard if it was full 15W MagSafe or Qi2.
I have to assume the factory one is not giving 10W, a wireless charging pad like that is likely capping out at 7.5 but more likely 5w.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
You don't run into issues with the phone falling off the lip? Doesn't look like there is much clearance in the first few pictures and even less with your phone hanging off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stang68

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You don't run into issues with the phone falling off the lip? Doesn't look like there is much clearance in the first few pictures and even less with your phone hanging off.
No, the phone is magnetically attached, that’s what MagSafe does with iPhones (and I guess compatible cases for Android devices).

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I have to assume the factory one is not giving 10W, a wireless charging pad like that is likely capping out at 7.5 but more likely 5w.
Yep, his FAQ states:
How fast does it charge?
Our pucks are designed to allow up to 15W of charging power (for each puck). With that said, there are many constraints that may reduce this in real life. For instance:
* Your vehicle might not allow such power draw
* If you are using an iPhone, iOS limits non-Apple pucks to 7.5W.
* The charge level of your phone might also play a limiting factor.
Realistically speaking, most iPhone users would enjoy charging speeds around 7W, while customers with high-end Android phones might see charging speeds around 13W.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stang68

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Im really interested in a magsafe charger thatll sit on top of the wooden sliding lid. I have bigs hands and putting my hand in there i always get scratched by the lid mechanism or the tray.
You may want to look into a charger then that would sit sort of vertically, maybe in a cup holder or in the cubby in front of the shifter? Because I don’t think you could get a MagSafe charger to sit on the tray cover without blocking access to the tray underneath (unless you don’t care about that tray!).

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
It uses double-sided tape to stick to the stock wireless charger and easily fits my iPhone 15 Pro Max.
So will not work with the XLT or PRO. Please let him know he should state as much on his product listing.

Sponsored

Keanen

First Name
Keanen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineering
Does the Twrap charger activate the OEM charger underneath it? I am wondering if it does because it would generate extra heat.

OP
OP
Stang68

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does the Twrap charger activate the OEM charger underneath it? I am wondering if it does because it would generate extra heat.
No, I don’t believe it does. Someone on the Mach E forum explained that wireless chargers only activate when a phone is trying to pull energy. I haven’t noticed any issues.
However it may be worth reaching out to Twraps for more info.
Sponsored