• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Upgrade Speakers Only, Any Improvement?

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Umm, dumb question here...
How do I disconnect the center speaker?
Do I access it from above or do I need to remove the Sync 4A screen and get behind it?
Sorry for the question, but I have no idea how to access it.
Thanks!
Sponsored

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Thank you, much appreciated....I'll try that.

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
I didn't have the B&O system, so I can't speak for the center speaker debacle. But I replaced all my door speakers and tweeters with some speakers I found on Amazon.
These for the front. and these for the rear.
Everything was plug-and-play, so installation was a breeze. A few days later, I also installed a sub, but the difference in just changing the factory door speakers was clear as day. I'm very happy with the sound system now.

ResidualJinx

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7, F-150 Lightning, Kia EV6
I pushed my sound basically to the backseat, and I think it made a world of difference.

AlexM

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I stumbled upon a post the other day that mentioned turning down the mid and treble a bit will give the speaker more room for bass. I’m not an audio engineer but that makes sense in my mind. I tried it and did notice a good improvement in bass and definition without needing to crank up the bass in the settings. And cranking up the bass on factory base model speakers typically just makes for a worse experience.

Also, as @ResidualJinx mentioned, pushing it back at a bit also helps improve the “surround” quality from the front seat.

I know these will not help in true sound quality and not compare to high end speakers but it makes a difference if you’re on a budget (free) or looking for some easy tweaks to improve your experience.

Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
I haven't been able to find the post I was thinking about, but someone posted a few months back that switching the sound quality (assuming you're streaming) to high made a big difference, and at the time I was like "well, no s-t Sherlock") only to find out that my settings was indeed on a lower setting.

So I switched mine (Amazon music) to "highest" and holy cow does it make a difference. All of a sudden there's bass and somewhat of a sound-stage and I went from "I can't take it anymore, I need to upgrade - to - this is actually pretty good".

Sure, it could be that Amazon is overzealous in its compression, but normal FM radio sounds pretty bad compared to my old Jeep or the Wife's X1 so I was thinking for a while that I might have a loose connection as sound would magically be pretty good once in a blue moon.

So I'm not sure if our trucks are extra picky on the input "quality" or what the deal is, but I would highly recommend to double check that your music service of choice is set to "highest"

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I fully replaced my Mache B&O system with a new one. I am about to do the same with my lightning. DSP’ing the sound to correct it for the “room” (or “cabin” in this case), is critically important. Changing the speakers may help, but they likely won’t sound as good as they can because the factory DSP has been tuned for the originals …meaning other more power, you won’t benefit from improved sound.

Last edited:

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache forum has some really deep threads on AudioSystems, with pics. My differentiator is using Clark synthesis full range transducers under each from seat. There is nothing like them and you can use them with a sub or without.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER
Mache forum has some really deep threads on Autip Systems, with pics. My differentiator is using Clark synthesis full range transducers under each from seat. There is nothing like them and you can use them with a sub or without.
Ford F-150 Lightning Upgrade Speakers Only, Any Improvement? IMG_2577

As in one of these? What’s your whole setup?

OMO7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning
The sound quality isn't terrible. The issue is you might as well have a boombox on your dash. The best sound systems feel like you're immersed in the sound, the current setup is more like getting punched in the face by the sound. With only 7 speakers, I'm not sure there's a way to really get that immersive feel.

Sponsored

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IMG_2577.jpeg

As in one of these? What’s your whole setup?
I tried to detail the Mach-E system and components here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...akers-dsps-amps-for-23-mach-e-with-b-o.32692/

That is it. The Silver model of the Clark is cheaper. I have the Clark’s installed in my Mache, my furniture for home theater, and on the sim racing rig. They will be added to my lightning shortly.

for the Lightning, the following is a possible configuration (note this is a whole new system and you don’t have to go that route to add sub/transducer):

PAC ampPRO AP4-FD31
-MATCH UP8DSP 8ch amplifier
-MATCH M2.1 (2ch for transducers)
-Helix Conductor
-BLAM Signature Series S165.80 6.5" 2way components.
-BLAM RA501D mono amplifier
-(2) JL Audio 8w3 8" subwoofers

Last edited:

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To add just the sub or transducer, you just need a way to take the radio signal, an amp, and in my opinion - a way to adjust the volume of the sub/transducer in the car (different music is mastered very differently - including how percussion and bass instruments are mic’d- even if it’s the same genre of music- meaning sometimes adjustments are desirable depending on what you are listening to)
Sponsored