"Walk-Away" option will not enable

B177y

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lightning Pro ER Max Tow, 2021 Highlander V6, 2013 Suzuki Wee-Strom
New 2024 Lightning Pro SSV ER, 7/2024 build date, small screen (not the 15-inch screen). I have searched the various Walk Away Lock (WAL) threads, but they all seem to be about how to enable the WAL switch in the Sync menu. I have the option in my settings menu, but I can't get it to enable. When I touch "enable" a popup message shows with "That option is not available right now. Please try again later." I have done various "later's"... 1 hour, 2 hours, 24 hours, etc... but still get the same message.

I followed the advice of the Forscan threads on how to enable WAL, and in the "simple" APIM menu, WAL already shows as "enabled".

The FDRS guru's (@Mike G and @rugedraw ) ran my VIN and I have no substantial updates available. There are DDM and PDM modules available for update (Driver Door Module and Passenger Door Module), but from other threads and sources, the APIM and BCM are what controls the WAL, so these should be unrelated.

So the questions:
-Is WAL available in a Pro trim?
-Is the message "try again later" accurate or is this similar to Ford's "Soon" (ie...never)?
-Does anyone else have a similar issue and did you get WAL to work?
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
New 2024 Lightning Pro SSV ER, 7/2024 build date, small screen (not the 15-inch screen). I have searched the various Walk Away Lock (WAL) threads, but they all seem to be about how to enable the WAL switch in the Sync menu. I have the option in my settings menu, but I can't get it to enable. When I touch "enable" a popup message shows with "That option is not available right now. Please try again later." I have done various "later's"... 1 hour, 2 hours, 24 hours, etc... but still get the same message.

I followed the advice of the Forscan threads on how to enable WAL, and in the "simple" APIM menu, WAL already shows as "enabled".

The FDRS guru's (@Mike G and @rugedraw ) ran my VIN and I have no substantial updates available. There are DDM and PDM modules available for update (Driver Door Module and Passenger Door Module), but from other threads and sources, the APIM and BCM are what controls the WAL, so these should be unrelated.

So the questions:
-Is WAL available in a Pro trim?
-Is the message "try again later" accurate or is this similar to Ford's "Soon" (ie...never)?
-Does anyone else have a similar issue and did you get WAL to work?
Your truck does not have an RFA module listed. I guess the Pro cannot have this enabled, then.

OP
OP
B177y

B177y

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lightning Pro ER Max Tow, 2021 Highlander V6, 2013 Suzuki Wee-Strom
Your truck does not have an RFA module listed. I guess the Pro cannot have this enabled, then.
Thanks!

So I guess the "Try again later" really is similar to "Soon". ☹

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I guess the Pro cannot have this enabled, then.
Does anyone know which models get the walk away feature? Does my '22 Lariat SR get it?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Does anyone know which models get the walk away feature? Does my '22 Lariat SR get it?
I don't know these vehicles well enough to know, but PM me the VIN and if it has an RFA, then it can be done.
Sponsored