Sponsored

Water leak - touch screen

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
I am curious if anyone else has experienced water on the bottom of 15" touch screen. I also found water on the top of the cover for the phone charge area and a few drops in the phone charge compartment. The bottom of the touch screen was damp and total visible water was the equivalent of 10 drops. I checked under the hood, in the 12v battery area, removed all floor mats, the entire headliner, in the sunglass holder, dash, and in the center console. No water present in any other location. I also got a car wash yesterday to remove the 'de-icer' from the recent snows and it rained extremely hard yesterday. I was getting in and out of the truck in the rain so it is possible for some water transfer but that seems unlikely.

Hopefully and 1 time occurrence but still concerning.

'22 Lariat ER
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am curious if anyone else has experienced water on the bottom of 15" touch screen. I also found water on the top of the cover for the phone charge area and a few drops in the phone charge compartment. The bottom of the touch screen was damp and total visible water was the equivalent of 10 drops. I checked under the hood, in the 12v battery area, removed all floor mats, the entire headliner, in the sunglass holder, dash, and in the center console. No water present in any other location. I also got a car wash yesterday to remove the 'de-icer' from the recent snows and it rained extremely hard yesterday. I was getting in and out of the truck in the rain so it is possible for some water transfer but that seems unlikely.

'22 Lariat ER
Good afternoon. Would you mind sending a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your water leak concerns.

RandomguyinPNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning, 20 Ascent

'22 Lariat ER
@GoHawks Did you ever get any resolution on your water issues? Was it something one-off or did it keep happening?

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
@RandomguyinPNW Best of luck to you - how is the buy back issue going for you in Oregon - customer friendly state like Washington?

I'm starting the buyback process too - 47 days in for a lot of problems. Best of luck for us.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
@GoHawks Did you ever get any resolution on your water issues? Was it something one-off or did it keep happening?
There was a misalignment of the sunroof track. it was resolved by a dealer in Seattle around the beginning of November, no issues since.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
There was a misalignment of the sunroof track. it was resolved by a dealer in Seattle around the beginning of November, no issues since.
I'm near Seattle too and "GoHawks" left town with little Russ it seemed :devil: ... now more like WTF are the Hawks doing - continual rebuild forever vs. a dynasty fans deserve :)
Sponsored