• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Weather Stripping/Seal Noise

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer
Mine does this as well. If I adjust the window a few times I can get it to go away until I open the window again. At which point I rinse and repeat. It’s annoying, but not nearly as annoying as dropping it off at the dealer and being told they didn’t hear it. 🙄
A dealer, not being able to replicate the issue, preposterous. Haha. I just do what Tesla wants now. Take a video of any issue I have and then show the service tech. I might not be able to submit it on the app and be all fancy, but still works. That way at least they can’t tell me I’m imagining things again. (I’ll wait for my future psychiatrist to tell me that😏)
Sponsored

derelict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT ER
Just to add to this thread, I asked my dealer to check this same issue (driver side wind noise) while they were fixing my DCFC issue (in the issues thread). The notes from the tech say "no abnormal noise found" so basically they didn't do anything. I wasn't expecting them to, but I was hoping. It was very obvious to me from the day I got the truck, Its like you can hear a car driving up to pass you on the left side before they get to you. I guess I can consider it a second BLIS? LOL.

lukeryan12

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I actually did bring my truck into my dealer Olathe Ford to diagnose this issue. They had a technician drive it and they did confirm the issue is there.

Unfortunately they told me Ford hasn’t released any fix or recall for this issue. they aren’t able to start tearing apart the door to try and pinpoint the fix. He told me my seal was better than most. The service manager did confirm this is a wide issue amount f150 and lightnings.

I’ve reached out to the Ford BEV team about the issue. I guess they will be my last hope. Such a bummer for a dealer to confirm an issue on a near brand new $75k truck and they can’t do anything about it.
Sponsored