• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What did you pay for a 2024 Flash (and maybe Lariat)

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2021 Gladiator
Hello,
I've been lurking on this forum for a few months now, finally created an account recently. I think if I move forward with a F150 Lightning I will go with the Flash edition. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what you paid. Obviously location is a factor, as well as any added options, but just trying to get an idea of what people have paid recently now that prices are coming down.

Also, I haven't completely ruled out the Lariat, and if I could get that price down a bit, I might end up going this route. So I would be interested in this data as well. I know it's dumb, but I do like a rear window for when I drive around with the windows down (yes mileage is impacted, but I like having a cigar sometimes).
Thank you

If anyone cares, here is the long story that you can skip.
I currently have a Jeep Gladiator, which has been fine for me, but I have been looking at full size trucks for quite some time. I liked the idea of the Lightning and Rivian when they were announced, but obviously when they were released it was 6 figures. Now prices are getting better, especially for the Lightning. I'm pretty sure I could get by with an electric vehicle. Can charge at home, commute daily is around 15-20 miles, and now with the Tesla network for trips to the Carolinas once a year. I also like the idea of when the power goes out for the next hurricane, can keep the meat and beer cold ;)
Where I live there isn't really any Flash or Lariats around, so I will have to travel. I've reached out to about a dozen dealerships via email in large cities and the reply is just horrible. I did have a couple that were ok, but the majority seems like it's not a human, so I'll probably take a trip one day to one of the major cities and start hitting the dealerships in person soon. Thanks for any help
Sponsored

Andrewbens

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Mechanic
Hello,
I've been lurking on this forum for a few months now, finally created an account recently. I think if I move forward with a F150 Lightning I will go with the Flash edition. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share what you paid. Obviously location is a factor, as well as any added options, but just trying to get an idea of what people have paid recently now that prices are coming down.

Also, I haven't completely ruled out the Lariat, and if I could get that price down a bit, I might end up going this route. So I would be interested in this data as well. I know it's dumb, but I do like a rear window for when I drive around with the windows down (yes mileage is impacted, but I like having a cigar sometimes).
Thank you

If anyone cares, here is the long story that you can skip.
I currently have a Jeep Gladiator, which has been fine for me, but I have been looking at full size trucks for quite some time. I liked the idea of the Lightning and Rivian when they were announced, but obviously when they were released it was 6 figures. Now prices are getting better, especially for the Lightning. I'm pretty sure I could get by with an electric vehicle. Can charge at home, commute daily is around 15-20 miles, and now with the Tesla network for trips to the Carolinas once a year. I also like the idea of when the power goes out for the next hurricane, can keep the meat and beer cold ;)
Where I live there isn't really any Flash or Lariats around, so I will have to travel. I've reached out to about a dozen dealerships via email in large cities and the reply is just horrible. I did have a couple that were ok, but the majority seems like it's not a human, so I'll probably take a trip one day to one of the major cities and start hitting the dealerships in person soon. Thanks for any help
Use the CarGurus app or Autotrader to find what you want. My preference would be a new 2023 Lariat with the huge discount.

OP
OP
FloridaMan655321

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Appreciate the replies. Yes I’ve looked at various websites. And yes I think I’m going to move forward with the 2024 version. Not that I’m completely against a very cheap 2023, but so far the discounts aren’t enough to entice. Also it seems that not all are extended range

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Appreciate the replies. Yes I’ve looked at various websites. And yes I think I’m going to move forward with the 2024 version. Not that I’m completely against a very cheap 2023, but so far the discounts aren’t enough to entice. Also it seems that not all are extended range
The 2023 XLT has an Extended Range Option and a 312A package available which includes pro power onboard. 2024 XLT does not have Extended Range and pro power onboard is an extra $1,000+ cost. Only the Flash, Lariat and Platinum have Extended Range option in 2024. Of course the 2024 has a heat pump and the 2023s do not. Flash does have Blue Cruise option where the 2023 XLT does not. Ford has a 7,500 rebate going with the 2023 XLT ER that’s why I ended up going with it plus dealer gave $7,200 off and the $7,500 from Fed was nice. If the $ is close, I would go 2024, but that will also depreciate significantly once you drive it off the lot just like the 2023s.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Yeah, that is true. Really confusing with past trims.

OP
OP
FloridaMan655321

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup, agree with everything. This has been really annoying to find an extended range Lariat or XLT
And @DesertEV thank you as I've been doing many weeks (maybe a month plus) of reading the differences of the 23 and 24, but thanks for the info. Also, it's almost impossible to find an extended range XLT. Not saying I'm against it, just can't really find them and it's much easier to find a Flash. I also like the idea of the changes for the 2024 vs 2023. So this is why I'm curious what others have purchased.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Yup, agree with everything. This has been really annoying to find an extended range Lariat or XLT
And @DesertEV thank you as I've been doing many weeks (maybe a month plus) of reading the differences of the 23 and 24, but thanks for the info. Also, it's almost impossible to find an extended range XLT. Not saying I'm against it, just can't really find them and it's much easier to find a Flash. I also like the idea of the changes for the 2024 vs 2023. So this is why I'm curious what others have purchased.
No problem at all. I wanted to be somewhat comprehensive in the explanation of what you get bc there is a lot of misinformation or people touting one feature over another. I like the Flash. It makes sense especially if you get a great deal on it. A lot of the 2023 XLT and Lariat Extended Ranges got bought during the Ford rebates in March and April. If you can find the unicorn it may be worth it, but I think you will be happy with the Flash.
Sponsored