• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What Features Do You Want to See In Next Gen Lightning?

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
1) More Range, as well as different battery chemistry that is not harmful to charge to 100% regularly, and degrades slower over time.

2) More space in between the top of the door frame and the seat. I have to tilt my head straight down to squeeze into the driver seat to get in and out of this truck.

Can someone tell me why dog mode is being requested so often?
Iā€™m not sure the difference between simply turning it on, locking it, and walking away, other than a note on the infotainment system? Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, Iā€™m just not familiar with what it does on other vehicles.
Dog mode is just less menu button pushes to achieve the same result. We want to be able to tap the climate controls then tap a dog mode button and then leave the truck, so 2 taps of the screen.

Currently we have to tap the options at the top of the screen, wait for it to load, then tap the vehicle options, then deselect the power down timer. (if not the truck shuts down after 30 minutes) Then wait for a pop up that tells up vehicle will shutdown once pro-power milage threshold is met. Then I have have to go back to options, select pro power, and then make sure the mileage is set low enough that I know the truck will not turn off while I am away. So for me that's 5 or 6 taps plus the time it takes for each screen to load which feels like the software is getting more sluggish.
Sponsored

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariatāš”ER, VW ID4
other than a note on the infotainment system? Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, Iā€™m just not familiar with what it does on other vehicles.

Believe it also locks out the window switches, turns on interior camera so your pet can be monitored remotely and displays the interior temp on the "Big Screen".

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Can someone tell me why dog mode is being requested so often?
Iā€™m not sure the difference between simply turning it on, locking it, and walking away, other than a note on the infotainment system? Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, Iā€™m just not familiar with what it does on other vehicles.
Dog/Camp modes are requested just because it lets the truck maintain the interior climate while otherwise being off and locked and not having all the radio or screen active, lights, etc.. These modes have already promised, yet they havenā€™t actually been implemented. But youā€™re right, simply leaving the truck on and locked is fine for a dog mode.

Would really like to have that generator mode too so the truck can be otherwise off, but still sending power to the outlets. I believe the ā€˜24s have this feature or at least I think I remember seeing it demoed on a Flash with newer software.

And with better software, we should be able to customize modes or states for the truck. For example, camp mode for me would have the pro power outputs active in addition to interior climate, but some may not want it that way.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Believe it also locks out the window switches, turns on interior camera so your pet can be monitored remotely and displays the interior temp on the "Big Screen".
Yes, dog mode in Tesla and others does this. Keeps doggo from accidentally unlocking the car himself and displaying on the screen whatā€™s going on will (in theory) keep a concerned bystander from smashing your window thinking heā€™s saving your dog. This happened a few times to Tesla owners with their cars in dog mode and why Tesla added the extra info to the main screen.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Less animations.
OMG yes, all electronics companies need to realize that animations, no matter how slight are only entertaining in the beginning. Every user will eventually get to a point where animations are just slowing you down. I don't need to see transitions, just show the new screen as soon as I click the button, your software swill seem so much faster.

Sponsored

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariatāš”ER, VW ID4
Would be nice to have all 3 modes: Pet, Camp , and Car Wash mode.

Hate watching my truck lock/unlock multiple times while spray washing in the car wash bay.

My VW ID4 had an easy way to temporarily disable the touch sensitive door locks while washing the car. No luck finding this feature on the Lightning.

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrekā€¦ hehe
Occupation
Developer
Tesla software, Rivian interior, ford truck design. If you argue with me, youā€™re wrong. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I canā€™t believe in such a short time my opinion has changed so much. Rivian is killing it. ā€¦.. RIVIAN SOFTWARE and SCREENS (HORIZONTAL!!!), FORD INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR, TESLA STOCK PRICE (early investor) šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrekā€¦ hehe
Occupation
Developer
An OTA system thats reliable, scheduled and communicated in a timely manner.
Omg what a dream that would be!!!
Love Jim Farley, but how they didnā€™t get more out of the original Rivian deal is beyond me. They could have changed everything if they could have capitalized on their chipset and software. Now VW is going to stick it in 150k Porsches and nobody will ever know how great it is.