• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What is the base price of a 2024 Flash?

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, shopping for 2024 Flash
Occupation
Retired
The Long MacArthur dealer in Kansas posted a video April 9 2024. At 1:23:39 he says he is reading from a Ford to dealer communication that announces the recent price reduction for various Lightning models, i.e. specifically the Flash. He says the new base price, exclusive of destination charges and options, is $67,995

I'm looking at a Flash window sticker today, May 1 2024, which lists the base price as $69,995. Can someone explain?

Ford F-150 Lightning What is the base price of a 2024 Flash? base price flash
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The window sticker was generated before the price reduction.

OP
OP
climateguy

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
But the old base price for a Flash was $5,500 higher

OP
OP
climateguy

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
When I called the dealer who posted the sticker online, he said the vehicle was ordered in October 2023, and it is sitting in Dearborn at the moment, presumably produced but not ready for shipment.

He said the practice is, in a case where the MSRP has changed, that a revised window sticker is typically available once the vehicle arrives on his lot. I said if someone contracted to pay him the MSRP, but only the MSRP that was on that revised window sticker, to reserve the vehicle now, would he accept. No, he said. Hmm. He said he thought if someone ordered a new 2024 Flash now, it would take six months to arrive....

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
The Long MacArthur dealer in Kansas posted a video April 9 2024. At 1:23:39 he says he is reading from a Ford to dealer communication that announces the recent price reduction for various Lightning models, i.e. specifically the Flash. He says the new base price, exclusive of destination charges and options, is $67,995

I'm looking at a Flash window sticker today, May 1 2024, which lists the base price as $69,995. Can someone explain?
$69,995 was the original price when announced last October. In February they raised it to $73,495. Then a month ago they lowered it to 67,995.

OP
OP
climateguy

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
$69,995 was the original price when announced last October. In February they raised it to $73,495. Then a month ago they lowered it to 67,995.
Thank you.

Now, I'm wondering if the MSRP is what a person should offer to pay to get a new 2024 Flash today, in the Pacific Northwest.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Thank you.

Now, I'm wondering if the MSRP is what a person should offer to pay to get a new 2024 Flash today, in the Pacific Northwest.
I don't think there are many, if any, that have been delivered yet, and there almost certainly won't be any Ford cash on the new trim. I also think dealers won't be discounting 24s much with 23s still on the lot. I'd wager there's a better deal to be had on a 2023 Lariat ER than a 2024 Flash and the Lariat will be better equipped, and come with several options, including the Charge Station Pro (and faster home charging) that the Flash won't have (there's a full list here somewhere, it's a lot of things!). I'd shop dealers against one another and try to pick up a Lariat ER in the high 50s maybe low 60s after paperwork and get a better truck for less money...
Good luck 🍀
-Zap

OP
OP
climateguy

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I... think dealers won't be discounting 24s much with 23s still on the lot. I'd wager there's a better deal to be had on a 2023 Lariat ER than a 2024 Flash and the Lariat will be better equipped, and come with several options, including the Charge Station Pro (and faster home charging) that the Flash won't have (there's a full list here somewhere, it's a lot of things!). I'd shop dealers against one another and try to pick up a Lariat ER in the high 50s maybe low 60s after paperwork and get a better truck for less money...
Good luck 🍀
-Zap
Thanks for your good advice.

What caught my attention when considering a 2023 or 2024 Flash at this point is the heat pump in the 2024.

My experience with my 2021 Chev Bolt EV is that the kwh per mile drops off rather dismayingly once the resistance heating the Bolt has is used in the colder seasons, even though I live in the temperate Pacific Northwest. Even though my main use for the Flash will be towing an RV, and I don't anticipate RV'ing in the winter, I do like the idea of anything that will increase the range when towing in spring and fall. That doesn't mean I like the idea enough to pay a small fortune for it, so thanks for making a lot of sense with your advice.

As far as the Charge Station Pro goes, I expect that my existing 40 amp 220v home EV charger can easily keep up with the limited use my Flash will see around town. I have a 200 amp service to my home, and what with my plan to switch from gas heat and hot water to a heat pump hot water tank and and heat pump heating I'm wondering if I could also go for an 80 amp Charge Station Pro without having to upgrade the service to the house.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Thanks for your good advice.

What caught my attention when considering a 2023 or 2024 Flash at this point is the heat pump in the 2024.

My experience with my 2021 Chev Bolt EV is that the kwh per mile drops off rather dismayingly once the resistance heating the Bolt has is used in the colder seasons, even though I live in the temperate Pacific Northwest. Even though my main use for the Flash will be towing an RV, and I don't anticipate RV'ing in the winter, I do like the idea of anything that will increase the range when towing in spring and fall. That doesn't mean I like the idea enough to pay a small fortune for it, so thanks for making a lot of sense with your advice.

As far as the Charge Station Pro goes, I expect that my existing 40 amp 220v home EV charger can easily keep up with the limited use my Flash will see around town. I have a 200 amp service to my home, and what with my plan to switch from gas heat and hot water to a heat pump hot water tank and and heat pump heating I'm wondering if I could also go for an 80 amp Charge Station Pro without having to upgrade the service to the house.
We are also on 200A service with all electric appliances. We switched to a heat pump hot water heater last year and have a 3 zone mini split installed that gets inspected and turned on next week, so sounds very much like our setup. We have the FCSP on a 100A breaker making 80A to the truck and wow, is it fast. Also have an Emporia charger with 48A charging and load management. We've had both of our Lightnings charge at night, during time of use and have never popped the main breaker, so I do think the FCSP would likely work for you. An electrician can do the load calcs and tell you for certain whether it will be stable and safe. Hope you find the right truck for your needs, post it up when you do!
Cheers
-Zap

OP
OP
climateguy

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm 74. I've bought exactly one new car in my life. I felt like the dealer on that one took advantage.

I've told a Ford dealer I would like to buy a Flash his dealership ordered long ago (Oct 2023) that Ford has built as of January 2024. It is still sitting in Dearborn and the dealer says all Ford will tell him is it is a "quality assurance" hold. Here is the dealer's price offer:

Ford F-150 Lightning What is the base price of a 2024 Flash? Dealer offer
Sponsored