• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's in the connectivity menu?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I discovered on the road that the "chargers" option was greyed out and inaccessible to select for navigation/preconditioning. Today I tried to investigate how to turn connectivity back on (which is what the error message tells me to do when I try to tap chargers). The menu tries to load but then nothing shows up. I did a sync reset but still nothing. Any ideas? My brain is fried from too much bbq.
Ford F-150 Lightning What's in the connectivity menu? 1000005721
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Are your permissions all switch on?

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are your permissions all switch on?
They should be. I'm still able to remote start, see charge level, and was able to change charge level to 100% from FordPass app before I left on Wed. I haven't fiddled with any of the settings aside from charge window since I initially set up the truck after I bought it. I'm quite confused how this happened. I half expected to see I got an update that reset it but the Update SW screen still shows the one I got last Oct.

The last time I accessed the charger locations was this past April and I had no problem then with navigating to a DCFC while on the road. So something was changed between then and now but all I've done since then is my daily work commute and weekend errands.

Although now that I'm racking my brain a little more, I think I disconnected the 12v at some point in an attempt to spur OTA updates. Perhaps that did something. Too late to check tonight, it's outside charging from a landscape outlet at the in-laws (should have at least 90% by morning from 35% back on Wed, only need 60-65% to get to Lordsburg so level 1 doing it's job ) and the house is all locked up. I'll double check when we head out for brunch in the morning.

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Welcome to my fun when I first got the truck. So I had that same issue, and it turned out its because the truck had modem issues when I first got it. If you aren't connected to WiFi and the modem is working you will see an icon for location services and if you do not then you won't see the connectivity menu. Basically until I got 6.1 and possibly the connectivity update they put out for the modem it was inconsistent as to if I got that screen to populate. The only thing that did the trick and was frustrating as hell was to repeatedly soft reset the Sync system. And even then it would take 4 to 10 tries sometimes. Since getting those updates though its never been an issue and the modem connects just fine.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Welcome to my fun when I first got the truck. So I had that same issue, and it turned out its because the truck had modem issues when I first got it. If you aren't connected to WiFi and the modem is working you will see an icon for location services and if you do not then you won't see the connectivity menu. Basically until I got 6.1 and possibly the connectivity update they put out for the modem it was inconsistent as to if I got that screen to populate. The only thing that did the trick and was frustrating as hell was to repeatedly soft reset the Sync system. And even then it would take 4 to 10 tries sometimes. Since getting those updates though its never been an issue and the modem connects just fine.
Interesting, I usually connect to the hotspot on my phone while on the road. However my wife used hers for the kids' tablets and I'm not sure I set up the truck to connect to hers. I'll pay attention to that when we head out today.

Or of curiosity, did that affect your FordPass app?

Sponsored

pkirby11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Interesting, I usually connect to the hotspot on my phone while on the road. However my wife used hers for the kids' tablets and I'm not sure I set up the truck to connect to hers. I'll pay attention to that when we head out today.

Or of curiosity, did that affect your FordPass app?
It did actually, as the problem is with the modem that the truck uses for connectivity features. I was about to have the dealer service check it out for a bad part but I got the update finally it my problems went away. I love the truck but it had some minor annoyances with the shipping software. But things have gotten better and I do not regret purchasing the truck.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@pkirby11 awesome tip, I made sure to connect the truck to my phone's hotspot and the connectivity returned. Thanks! Turns out I never set up my wife's phone to auto connect. Can you tell I don't road trip often? :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored