Wondering if this front camera kit would work on the Pro

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Hi all, I just picked up my 2023 pro on Sunday and thinking about the few things I wish it had:

1. cooled seats-possible with katzskins
2. keyless entry-don't know if it is possible
3. no front sensor/camera

Other than those three things, it's great!

For number 3 I'm wondering if this would work, since the pro IS available with the 360 cam set up with the tow package (which I did not get, but, in retrospect, should have)

https://www.camerasource.com/automo...a-kit-fits-2021-2022-fordr-f-150-w-12-sync-4r
Sponsored

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
I'm interested in how you go about the first two points, I did select 360 however so I don't have that issue.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Did you custom order, or is this an abandoned order?

If you ordered it did you forget to add the Tow Tech Package?

OP
OP
grantmethepower

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Did you custom order, or is this an abandoned order?

If you ordered it did you forget to add the Tow Tech Package?
I did order it, I have the truck now, and I did not realize that the Tow Tech Package had it included. Since I do not tow and did not anticipate starting to tow, I never even looked into the tow technology package. I assumed it just wasn't for me. I messed that one up haha.

Do you think this would work?

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I did order it, I have the truck now, and I did not realize that the Tow Tech Package had it included. Since I do not tow and did not anticipate starting to tow, I never even looked into the tow technology package. I assumed it just wasn't for me. I messed that one up haha.

Do you think this would work?
I don't Tow often either. I got both the Tow Tech and Max Tow for reasons other than Towing.

I think it is possible, however, you will need to utilize Forscan. It also would have some deficiencies that might frustrate you. For example the 360 view will still come up by default and would be blank on the sides (either solid black or solid blue?). You probably would also have alot of options that won't work properly, like the Bed Camera.

Did the truck come with Front Parking sensors?

OP
OP
grantmethepower

grantmethepower

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I don't Tow often either. I got both the Tow Tech and Max Tow for reasons other than Towing.

I think it is possible, however, you will need to utilize Forscan. It also would have some deficiencies that might frustrate you. For example the 360 view will still come up by default and would be blank on the sides (either solid black or solid blue?). You probably would also have alot of options that won't work properly, like the Bed Camera.

Did the truck come with Front Parking sensors?
No it didn’t. Really, I don’t need the camera…sensors are fine. Preferable maybe? At the least good enough! But I haven’t had such a big vehicle without sensors in a very long time hahha. I used to be used to it but I’m not sure I haven’t learned to rely on the crutch too much haha

looking for sensors is what led me to that camera solution.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Before you start buying parts, I'd reach out to your dealer/service center and get quotes from them. (That will also show you whether or not it's doable)
Sponsored