• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote start and climate control/heated seats

TeamCanada

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Derek, let me know what you find and what dealer actually fixes this. I am in Edmonton, too and getting tired of this not working when it's this cold out.
Sponsored

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302A Power Boost
Derek, let me know what you find and what dealer actually fixes this. I am in Edmonton, too and getting tired of this not working when it's this cold out.
Will do. Question, are you seats working at all with the remote start?
I’m actually booked in at Westlock since I’m half way between but I bought the truck at Koch and since they are a bigger dealer I might call them today and see if they have seen this issue yet. Westlock said they haven’t but they have only sold a couple 21 Lariats.

TeamCanada

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Will do. Question, are you seats working at all with the remote start?
I’m actually booked in at Westlock since I’m half way between but I bought the truck at Koch and since they are a bigger dealer I might call them today and see if they have seen this issue yet. Westlock said they haven’t but they have only sold a couple 21 Lariats.
Neither my seats or wheel are heating at all.
And I hate having to set the temps before turning off because if I set it to auto temps,the fan is barely blowing. Even my 2013 would automatically turn the defrost to max heat and fan when it was cold outside.
I bought my truck at Freedom, but use Denny Andrews for the past 15 years and have had good service with them. I'll be taking mine in January to see if they can fix these issues, as well as my Reverse Brake assist error.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neither my seats or wheel are heating at all.
And I hate having to set the temps before turning off because if I set it to auto temps,the fan is barely blowing. Even my 2013 would automatically turn the defrost to max heat and fan when it was cold outside.
I bought my truck at Freedom, but use Denny Andrews for the past 15 years and have had good service with them. I'll be taking mine in January to see if they can fix these issues, as well as my Reverse Brake assist error.
I disabled the rear brake assist with Forscan because that warning every single second it’s in reverse and not turned on is just retarded.
This morning I called Koch, Sherwood, Team Ford and Waterloo. Sherwood and Team Ford said they haven’t seen or heard of this issue yet. I’m still waiting for the shop foremen from Koch and Waterloo to get back to me. I’m surprised the dealers haven’t seen it yet. There’s lots of ppl having this issue, we can’t be the only ones in this area.

TeamCanada

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I disabled the rear brake assist with Forscan because that warning every single second it’s in reverse and not turned on is just retarded.
This morning I called Koch, Sherwood, Team Ford and Waterloo. Sherwood and Team Ford said they haven’t seen or heard of this issue yet. I’m still waiting for the shop foremen from Koch and Waterloo to get back to me. I’m surprised the dealers haven’t seen it yet. There’s lots of ppl having this issue, we can’t be the only ones in this area.
Yeah, the TSB out as well to do with the APMI reset.
Give them the TSB number #21-2249

Attachments

Sponsored

f150powerboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT POWERBOOST
2021 XLT and every time I use the remote start, I enter the cab to see the rear window defrost on. Its clearly set to "last settings" and rear defrost is never used. Is this a issue anyone else has?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Super Cab Carbonized Grey 3.5 EC 302A 6.5 Box
Occupation
Electrician, Retired
2021 XLT and every time I use the remote start, I enter the cab to see the rear window defrost on. Its clearly set to "last settings" and rear defrost is never used. Is this a issue anyone else has?
I do as well and drivers heated seat on low setting.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you’re last setting is max defrost the rear defrost will come on as well. Otherwise I haven’t seen that. Mine never comes on even when it should.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, the TSB out as well to do with the APMI reset.
Give them the TSB number #21-2249
So the truck is at the dealer getting a few things fixed. As far as the heated seats and climate control they claim nothing is wrong with it. I don’t really like the answer they gave me. They said Ford changed the programming and the heated steering wheel and seats don’t come on as hot for safety reason when it’s remote started. They also said when remotes started and set to auto the climate fan will not run on max. They are basically saying it is what it is.

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
Using Forscan I reset a few modules, BCM, DSM, IPC and IPMA. At this point I’m not 100% sure because it wasn’t very cold when I tested it yesterday and the truck was only remote started for a few minutes before I had to jump in and go but I’m pretty sure the seat did feel warm when I jumped in and I think the blower motor was running at a higher speed then it ever was previously when remote started. Fingers crossed that resetting the modules did the trick. We’ve got some cold weather coming up this week so I can remote start it long before I’m ready to leave work to confirm it’s working. If not, the truck is booked into the dealer for the end of the month but hopefully that’s not needed. ??

Drbross21

What modules did you reset? Only the ones listed? I reset all but the DSM because i dont have it in the xlt and the seats still don't seam to be working. which BCM the battery or body control module?

Thanks,

Sponsored

Dwag21

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt
So the truck is at the dealer getting a few things fixed. As far as the heated seats and climate control they claim nothing is wrong with it. I don’t really like the answer they gave me. They said Ford changed the programming and the heated steering wheel and seats don’t come on as hot for safety reason when it’s remote started. They also said when remotes started and set to auto the climate fan will not run on max. They are basically saying it is what it is.
I swear there was a post somewhere on this forum were a guy took his in for the same issue and he said it was fixed when he got it back from the dealership

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Drbross21

What modules did you reset? Only the ones listed? I reset all but the DSM because i dont have it in the xlt and the seats still don't seam to be working. which BCM the battery or body control module?

Thanks,
The body control module. I think I ended up resetting all modules but after the body control module is when I thought the heated seats may have been working. But there has only been twice that I’ve been able to for sure say that they came on when I remote started it. I spoke to the dealer on it and they said it works how intended. I said so they only come on sometimes even if it’s -20 out? The service advisor just shrugged his shoulders. So basically deal with it. I still don’t think mine is working properly. I think the only hope is if enough ppl complain and Ford comes out with an update to switch it back to how previous gens were.

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I swear there was a post somewhere on this forum were a guy took his in for the same issue and he said it was fixed when he got it back from the dealership
Ya I agree. This can’t be how they were intended to work. Not once have my heated seats come on when it was remote started when it was less then -20. They should be coming on around 0 or something. I’m not impressed with the dealer saying it is what it is. I may end up taking it to another dealer.

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My dealer just fixed my issue. They did this TSB 21-2232.
"Some 2021 F-150 vehicles equipped with a heated steering wheel and built on or before 14-Jun-2021 may experience the heated steering wheel turning off within 10 minutes after being manually enabled and/or the heated steering wheel not being"

I had already check this setting in Forscan and my setting already configured to Infinite.

Ford F-150 Lightning Remote start and climate control/heated seats Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 12.39.26 PM

drbross21

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My dealer just fixed my issue. They did this TSB 21-2232.
"Some 2021 F-150 vehicles equipped with a heated steering wheel and built on or before 14-Jun-2021 may experience the heated steering wheel turning off within 10 minutes after being manually enabled and/or the heated steering wheel not being"

I had already check this setting in Forscan and my setting already configured to Infinite.

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 12.39.26 PM.png
Mine was built after the affected dates for that service bulletin. My heated steering wheel works fine while driving. It’s when the truck is remote started that the heated steering wheel and seats don’t work as they did in the previous generations.
Sponsored