First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I thought if that worked for you it might be better than a hug. Sorry to have added to your emotional roller-coaster.
I'm still bummed. No invitation email, no invitation text and my reservation on Ford.com shows only "view." I reserved on 5/19, the first day and I am # 6 at my dealer, but I have no idea how many reservations they have. Crickets from them unless I call.

Any other's with first day reservations shut out?
Anyone with a reservation later than day 1 get to place their order?
Same exact situation here. Day 1 reservation holder, no invitation to order. Considering there was 20K first day reservations, I guarantee that most got shut out so far. Number 6 out of 18 at my dealer. Just hoping to order in waves 2-6. We’ll see, I’m sure the LEAF will take me to work for as long as I’ll have to wait.
Sponsored

dlong18074

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Platinum, 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Same exact situation here. Day 1 reservation holder, no invitation to order. Considering there was 20K first day reservations, I guarantee that most got shut out so far. Number 6 out of 18 at my dealer. Just hoping to order in waves 2-6. We’ll see, I’m sure the LEAF will take me to work for as long as I’ll have to wait.
I am also a Day 1 reservation and am #2 at my dealer. The dealer told me a few weeks ago they were only getting 5 for MY22... not sure how he knew that... I did not get an invite yet... Hoping for Wave 2-3

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well you got my hopes up again . Didn't even think about using my cell phone to login . I got the pop ups back but also the same error message :(

lightning order.jpg

Lightning configure.jpg

Lightning error.jpg
I received that same message this morning and then it disappeared.

Phineas Magliozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT, optionless.
Got my reservation within minutes of the opening bell on May 19th. Allegedly number three at my dealer with an alleged allocation of +/- 15 vehicles. You'd think I'd be a shoe-in for a crack at the first wave, but no. Just got off the phone with Ford (not the dealer) and was told that all first wave emails have been sent. How does that happen? Statistically possible I suppose, but it doesn't lend confidence to the process.

That, and the dealer won't commit to what the ADM will be (there will be one). They tossed out $10K in an off-hand manner on a call the other day but haven't actually committed to anything. I have an aversion to being jerked around, and both Ford and the dealer have not covered themselves in glory thus far.

I got a Silverado EV reservation within the first three minutes and even a Cybertruck reservation from back in the day (you can't see what it looks like on the outside while you're driving it from the inside), at this point the first company that offers to sell me an electric truck without a 5-figure ADM will get my money. I may need to wait a couple of years...

Sponsored

jthespartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 Lariat
Admittedly, I have no idea where I stand.

I haven’t received an email from Ford, and my bubble in my Ford Account still says “Reservation Complete.” My dealer has insisted for a week now that I’m in the first wave, and that they put in my order along with one other. I’m told I’ll get a build sheet and pricing for signature (I passed along my Price and Build, specifying what trim I’m looking for, options, etc.).

Yet I have no email from Ford... And my status hasn't changed.

Am I actually good to go? Has my dealer forgot to click a button? I have serious FOMO right now.

Phineas Magliozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT, optionless.
Admittedly, I have no idea where I stand.

I haven’t received an email from Ford, and my bubble in my Ford Account still says “Reservation Complete.” My dealer has insisted for a week now that I’m in the first wave, and that they put in my order along with one other. I’m told I’ll get a build sheet and pricing for signature (I passed along my Price and Build, specifying what trim I’m looking for, options, etc.).

Yet I have no email from Ford... And my status hasn't changed.

Am I actually good to go? Has my dealer forgot to click a button? I have serious FOMO right now.
According to my conversation with Ford, if you haven't received an email from them by now then you missed the first wave. Welcome to the club.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
According to my conversation with Ford, if you haven't received an email from them by now then you missed the first wave. Welcome to the club.
Or text message...

I really wonder how much in this first wave. At the moment, I am fortunate to be 10 at my dealership, and I believe I will be in BO (balance out) or the 23MY. This is me assuming they will only do ~2000 or so every 2 weeks and if they have enough allocation for this MY. I just want to get under the mark for the tax credit.

Another thing to note about dealer prioritization:

Prioritization does not guarantee allocation . Dealer prioritization will be an input to determine invitations to convert to an order, it is not correlated to vehicle scheduling timing or amount of allocation at each dealership.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
The first wave appears to only be one person at each (maybe) dealer. Most likely to test the order system and get dealers caught up on how everything works. I would read much into it guys. Second wave is when the party begins!

jredondox

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am number 8 out of 25 priority reservations. Does anybody know how many invites went out in the first wave? My dealer said they only got 1 out of the 25

Sponsored

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
cclark20 said:
This page suggests you could get the Wave order selection and then move your order to another dealer.

What it doesn’t make clear is if you can still order in that Wave after changing dealers. It might take a few minutes but it could be a work around for those surprise high ADM dealers.

After watching my dealership prioritize their "top orders" based on either timestamp or 'dealer loyalty', and Ford telling them that this process had to be done over a week ago and locked in, I would expect that you'd either go to the bottom of the list on the dealer you moved to, or if the dealer you moved to are doing it solely based on the timestamp, you'd get slotted into their list and bump somebody else down. I don't see that happening.

M.
There is a post on another thread where a customer was able to order and change dealers based on an unexpected ADM charge by the original dealer.

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I am number 8 out of 25 priority reservations. Does anybody know how many invites went out in the first wave? My dealer said they only got 1 out of the 25
After browsing this forum for the past few days, I've yet to see a single dealership with more than 1 allocation for Wave 1. It's possible, because all we have is participant data, but just sayin'

neugucpi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Enclave, Outback
Texted a nearby dealer, they claimed they have ~300 reservations and the first wave is less than 25. It doesn’t seem that the sales have the accurate info imo.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Texted a nearby dealer, they claimed they have ~300 reservations and the first wave is less than 25. It doesn’t seem that the sales have the accurate info imo.
They probably think their 25 that could be prioritized was a wave allotment of some sort which is false. Still haven’t heard of more than one per dealer from anyone on here.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
They probably think their 25 that could be prioritized was a wave allotment of some sort which is false. Still haven’t heard of more than one per dealer from anyone on here.
Talked to my dealer and they confirmed that it was one invite per dealership to test out the system.
Next wave is when they expect a larger number (especially in some states with emissions mandates).
Sponsored