Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET]

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
your assumption for #6 does not account for people on the priority lists of dealerships, which could total 20K if each of the 2000 BEV dealers have a priority list average of 10 each, which is a pretty conservative estimate. A lot of these people may not have reserved in the first 24-48hrs of reservations being open
Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
your assumption for #6 does not account for people on the priority lists of dealerships, which could total 20K if each of the 2000 BEV dealers have a priority list average of 10 each, which is a pretty conservative estimate. A lot of these people may not have reserved in the first 24-48hrs of reservations being open
“Could total 20K” is the key phrase here. We still don’t know how heavily Ford weighs the dealer prioritization vs. earlier time stamp. They probably are, but we don’t know for a fact. Either way we’re probably looking at a truck for both priority slots and first day time stamps by the end of the year. Unless Ford decides to allow some more line jumping, hope they don’t!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I am number 8 out of 25 priority reservations. Does anybody know how many invites went out in the first wave? My dealer said they only got 1 out of the 25
From everything I've seen (starting with the post from Granger Ford guy) and from other comments made here as well as my experience with my own dealer, it was 1 reservation conversion to an order for each dealership, for whoever that dealer had at the top of the list they were told to prioritize a couple of weeks ago. Ranked by timestamp or "dealer loyalty" or a mix of both. I don't know how many dealers there are.

M.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Admittedly, I have no idea where I stand.

I haven’t received an email from Ford, and my bubble in my Ford Account still says “Reservation Complete.” My dealer has insisted for a week now that I’m in the first wave, and that they put in my order along with one other. I’m told I’ll get a build sheet and pricing for signature (I passed along my Price and Build, specifying what trim I’m looking for, options, etc.).

Yet I have no email from Ford... And my status hasn't changed.

Am I actually good to go? Has my dealer forgot to click a button? I have serious FOMO right now.
I'm going to suggest you drive over to your dealer and discuss. Because from every other source of info there was only 1 reservation converted for wave 1 from each dealership. So how your dealer is saying that they submitted an order for both you and somebody else on the 6th.....well that will make for an interesting discussion. And you'll want to do that in person to see the look on the face of the person who's explaining what happened. Cause your BS meter should be pegged if you were told two orders were submitted on wave 1 day from that dealer.

M.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I read and heard only 1 per dealership for this first wave, or even none.

Sponsored

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
Has there been any evidence of people who were early reservation holders and who WEREN’T on a priority list being able to order? From everything I’ve read and seen so far it seems like the priority list is the #1 determining factor for early ordering

Tyler Durden

First Name
Cornelius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Has there been any evidence of people who were early reservation holders and who WEREN’T on a priority list being able to order? From everything I’ve read and seen so far it seems like the priority list is the #1 determining factor for early ordering
Yeah, I'm curious as well, and the Mods added a "don't know" option to the "dealer priority" question in the order tracking list on this forum.

I don't know where I am on my dealer's timestamp order--I reserved 5/19/2021 ~~6:45pm PDT (15 minutes into the reveal live-stream)--so I doubt I'm within the first few, but hopefully still near the top. In December, this dealership said they'd select 25 reservations at random to submit to Ford for prioritization and that they'd contact the lucky winners. I didn't hear anything so I guess I'm not on that list of 25.

Who knows if timestamp factors into Ford's order invite secret sauce at all, or if they're just going to burn through 100% of the prioritizations first. Color me annoyed if my timestamp ends up being mostly worthless. Had they thrown a few prioritizations to prior customers (I'm not one) I'd have more respect for that.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Do we need our dealer to accept our order in the system fairly quickly (like within the next few days) after placing our order to get it moving? Or do they get some time with Wave 1?

I don’t want to unnecessarily bug my dealer and be “that guy” but at same time want to make sure things stay on track.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
From everything I’ve read and seen so far it seems like the priority list is the #1 determining factor for early ordering
How so? The tracking on this forum shows almost all wave 1 invites reserved day 1, with the latest being 4 days after reveal. If anything, it took an early reservation AND a Prioritization to get the wave 1 (no more than 1 per dealer) invitation.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Do we need our dealer to accept our order in the system fairly quickly (like within the next few days) after placing our order to get it moving? Or do they get some time with Wave 1?

I don’t want to unnecessarily bug my dealer and be “that guy” but at same time want to make sure things stay on track.
They should accept it as soon as possible to avoid an issue with supply and demand issues. That’s why people on the later waves, like myself, are saying they might not get what they want.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
How so? The tracking on this forum shows almost all wave 1 invites reserved day 1, with the latest being 4 days after reveal. If anything, it took an early reservation AND a Prioritization to get the wave 1 (no more than 1 per dealer) invitation.
I believe it’s two fold… priority if your dealer did it, and reservations if your dealer didn’t. They selected all the BEV dealers, and took the top one.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual

I went to my dealer Friday and watched them accept it. They told me they usually did that every Thursday, so my order would’ve sat for a week otherwise.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
6) Ford will build between 15k -20k in 2022, so if you ordered in the first 48 hours (Ford previously stated they got 20k orders in the first 48 hours), you should get a vehicle this year, assuming you don't defer.
As others have pointed out, this doesn't take into account the priority reordering that dealers can do. In my case, I was told by my dealer in early Dec that I was #2 of 253 reservations, so I figured I'd surely get a MY2022. But when I emailed him yesterday he told me "The List has been Shaken Up looks like you are now 26". So, in the case of this dealer, only ONE of the top 25 by timestamp made it to the priority list (and I was previously told that the owner was at #5, so I assume it was him). I doubt I have any chance of a MY2022 at this point, which really sucks.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
As others have pointed out, this doesn't take into account the priority reordering that dealers can do. In my case, I was told by my dealer in early Dec that I was #2 of 253 reservations, so I figured I'd surely get a MY2022. But when I emailed him yesterday he told me "The List has been Shaken Up looks like you are now 26". So, in the case of this dealer, only ONE of the top 25 by timestamp made it to the priority list (and I was previously told that the owner was at #5, so I assume it was him). I doubt I have any chance of a MY2022 at this point, which really sucks.
I was 34 at my dealer and am now 48. I’m kinda ticked myself

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
What would y’all recommend for your selected dealer basically refusing to reveal your number on their list? My dealer has already made clear no ADM and he’s told me that I’m “guaranteed somewhere on their list of 10” but that’s the only info he’ll relinquish. Can’t tell if he’s as in the dark as many other dealers y’all have mentioned or what.
Sponsored