Sponsored

Wave 1 Lightning invitation email thread [Update: Emails AFTER 5PM ET]

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
What would y’all recommend for your selected dealer basically refusing to reveal your number on their list? My dealer has already made clear no ADM and he’s told me that I’m “guaranteed somewhere on their list of 10” but that’s the only info he’ll relinquish. Can’t tell if he’s as in the dark as many other dealers y’all have mentioned or what.
As long as they won’t add adm and the fees aren’t ridiculous then I’d just stick it out. Ford is the one who invites to order, even if not the most timely on the wave opening day so you don’t really need them to do much.
Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
What would y’all recommend for your selected dealer basically refusing to reveal your number on their list? My dealer has already made clear no ADM and he’s told me that I’m “guaranteed somewhere on their list of 10” but that’s the only info he’ll relinquish. Can’t tell if he’s as in the dark as many other dealers y’all have mentioned or what.
Ask if they did any priority selections. If they did and they didn't prioritize you, your place in line with them was negatively impacted. If they won't tell you that they are probably not a dealer you want to work with. That doesn't mean you will find a better scenario than a dealer with a list of only 10, but if you looked you would ideally find one that made no priority selections by Dec 17 and then get in their line strictly based on your timestamp. Might be hard to sus that info out so somewhat depends on how much you want to "work it". Good luck!

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
When I said list of 10 I meant their priority list. They have about 100 reservations, and he called me before dec 17 to ask if I wanted to be on their priority list. It just makes me weary that he won’t tell me what number I am (and I really don’t have any evidence that I am on their priority list aside from his word). I know I am not #1 on their list, because their #1 ordered on Jan 6. I guess best course of action is to wait it out and hope this dealer is being truthful

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
When I said list of 10 I meant their priority list. They have about 100 reservations, and he called me before dec 17 to ask if I wanted to be on their priority list. It just makes me weary that he won’t tell me what number I am (and I really don’t have any evidence that I am on their priority list aside from his word). I know I am not #1 on their list, because their #1 ordered on Jan 6. I guess best course of action is to wait it out and hope this dealer is being truthful
Are you in a ZEV state?

Sponsored

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
The first wave appears to only be one person at each (maybe) dealer. Most likely to test the order system and get dealers caught up on how everything works. I would read much into it guys. Second wave is when the party begins!
Dealer I spoke with today says they had multiple customers in the first wave who ordered.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
How so? The tracking on this forum shows almost all wave 1 invites reserved day 1, with the latest being 4 days after reveal. If anything, it took an early reservation AND a Prioritization to get the wave 1 (no more than 1 per dealer) invitation.
I don’t believe someone who reserved in say August would post on the tracker or in a thread that they got prioritized to wave one.

They would immediately experience the wrath of some of those on this forum.

Plus talking crap could get them unwanted attention from Ford and their dealer.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
It doesn't but it does say:

"The number of customers invited will vary by wave. We are not sharing specifics."
Fair enough. But you gotta admit a lot of people were surprised....

Mike

Ccarm6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150 Lightning
Is Woody Anderson your dealer?
No, Stivers Ford in BHM. They called me Dec 16 asking if I wanted to be on priority list and I said yes. They’ve told me since that I am on their 10-spot priority list and that one person ordered from them in the first wave. And that I will for sure be able to order sometime in 2022 but didn’t specify their allocation or what number I am on their priority list

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
No, Stivers Ford in BHM. They called me Dec 16 asking if I wanted to be on priority list and I said yes. They’ve told me since that I am on their 10-spot priority list and that one person ordered from them in the first wave. And that I will for sure be able to order sometime in 2022 but didn’t specify their allocation or what number I am on their priority list
I suppose that if they tell you and you don't like the answer they think you'll move your reservation somewhere else. But on the other hand Birmingham is a fairly large market, so it's entirely possible you will get picked up before March 31st and could get your truck before others who were in wave 1. At least that's from what I've read. All reservations for MY22 have to be locked in by the end of March...and then production starts. Again, that's my understanding of the process.

Best of luck regardless!

Mike

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
A lot of the comments here talk about moving to another dealer if you don't like the one you're with, but hasn't the ship already sailed on that option? At least for the 22MY Lightning, dealers had to submit their priority list to Ford by Dec 17, and that is the list Ford is using to send the invite emails. Moving dealers at this point might help for 23MY, but the only way it will work for 22MY is if the lists sent to Ford are less than the dealer's allotment of 22MY, which doesn't seem to be the case.

moya7

First Name
Momo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i, 2022 Bronco BaseSquatch on order
Nothing for me yet... I am 2nd at my dealer so not expecting anything today..... sigh....
Somehow I am #15 at mine, despite reserving within the first few seconds of the launch. After the Bronco fiasco sadly I don’t trust this system one bit.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
A lot of the comments here talk about moving to another dealer if you don't like the one you're with, but hasn't the ship already sailed on that option? At least for the 22MY Lightning, dealers had to submit their priority list to Ford by Dec 17, and that is the list Ford is using to send the invite emails. Moving dealers at this point might help for 23MY, but the only way it will work for 22MY is if the lists sent to Ford are less than the dealer's allotment of 22MY, which doesn't seem to be the case.
No, you can continue to move, even after you configure.

Whitetiburon

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
I didn't get an email from Ford, but I did get an email from my dealer last night informing me about the build configurator. He said I could configure my build, PDF it, and then send it to them to process the order.

I'll be doing most of that, but doing the final order in person to get a signed purchase order with final pricing.
Funny, my dealer did the same thing with me but I am # 5 in line at my dealership so I have not received an email from Ford. I reserved immediately after the announcement do I am hoping to get an email very soon.
Sponsored