Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Description:
My truck is a Lariat 502A that comes with only Auto High Beams enabled.
The Canadian non-us variants have the Glare-free system activated
I was able to find the necessary changes to enable the Adaptive Driving Beams and Glare-Free lighting.

What are Adaptive Drive Beams and Glare-Free Lighting?

Notices:
  • This only applies to the Quad beam headlights like below
  • Ford F-150 Lightning Enabling Adaptive Driving Beams for Trucks with Auto High Beams 1628016407192
  • Make sure to change the traffic side to match your road system under the Vehicle Settings in Sync > Lighting > Adaptive Headlamps Traffic > Choose Left or Right side so you don't blind other drivers.
  • Make sure to have a backup of your modules Asbuilt before making these changes in ForScan so you can restore if need to.
Module Changes:

Please see this post as @ROBB1 has taken this and worked out the bugs.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adaptive-head-lights-coming-to-the-us.7004/post-123015

Sponsored

Last edited:

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Great work indeed. I wonder why they wouldn't enable this on US trucks by default, seems like a great safety feature.

GoldBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
Broker
Stumbled across your post the other day and wanted to give it a shot on my 2021 Raptor 801A. After following your module changes I believe it is working. I have a headlight warning to clear on startup, but that's not a big deal. The headlight/fog light/high beam indicator on the gauge panel has slightly changed to now having a green (A) high beam indicator between the headligh and fog light icon. I believe it was white before until high beams were active and then it would change to the normal blue high beam icon slightly above. Now it's green and is on all the time when the auto high beams are "armed".

I was only able to drive around my neighboring country roads last night, and it was very brief. It might have been me, it didn't seem like the highs came on and went off as abruptly as before and I wasn't entirely sure they were not going to be blinding oncoming drivers, although, no one flashed me. I was trying to watch the tree line next to the road to make sure the high beams were on and then look for changed as I passed cars but I had a hard time noticing anything changing which I guess is the whole point.

I'll get some more night driving in this weekend and report back. Thanks for all the effort.

Sponsored

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Stumbled across your post the other day and wanted to give it a shot on my 2021 Raptor 801A. After following your module changes I believe it is working. I have a headlight warning to clear on startup, but that's not a big deal. The headlight/fog light/high beam indicator on the gauge panel has slightly changed to now having a green (A) high beam indicator between the headligh and fog light icon. I believe it was white before until high beams were active and then it would change to the normal blue high beam icon slightly above. Now it's green and is on all the time when the auto high beams are "armed".

I was only able to drive around my neighboring country roads last night, and it was very brief. It might have been me, it didn't seem like the highs came on and went off as abruptly as before and I wasn't entirely sure they were not going to be blinding oncoming drivers, although, no one flashed me. I was trying to watch the tree line next to the road to make sure the high beams were on and then look for changed as I passed cars but I had a hard time noticing anything changing which I guess is the whole point.

I'll get some more night driving in this weekend and report back. Thanks for all the effort.
You can fix the headlight warning by adjusting the checksum value in your HCM. For details, see here

GoldBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
Broker
You can fix the headlight warning by adjusting the checksum value in your HCM. For details, see here
Thanks for the info. I went through it all and made a few changes for the short bed no scales, 734-01-04 xx53 4E. I read through it all and I still get a headlamp notice on startup. Maybe my issue is Raptor specific since it didn't seem like anyone mentioned raptors over there. I'll keep playing with it and try to clear the warning.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Thanks for the info. I went through it all and made a few changes for the short bed no scales, 734-01-04 xx53 4E. I read through it all and I still get a headlamp notice on startup. Maybe my issue is Raptor specific since it didn't seem like anyone mentioned raptors over there. I'll keep playing with it and try to clear the warning.
Use the code for short bed with scales for your Raptor.
734-01-04 xx56 D1
The Raptor has a VDM module like the scales trucks. That should clear your warning.

GoldBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
Broker
Use the code for short bed with scales for your Raptor.
734-01-04 xx56 D1
The Raptor has a VDM module like the scales trucks. That should clear your warning.
That did the trick! Thank you. I'm glad I found you guys over here.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0 Lariat SCREW Space White
So what's the bottom line, can this be activated without the warning with each power cycle?
What does short bed/long bed mean? What do I need to do for SCREW with standard bed?

Sponsored

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
So what's the bottom line, can this be activated without the warning with each power cycle?
What does short bed/long bed mean? What do I need to do for SCREW with standard bed?
Yes it can be activated without a warning message. SCREW with the 5.5 (standard) bed would be “short bed”. It’s really the wheel base that makes the difference which is dictated mainly by the bed length. If you haven’t already check out this thread and the values:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adaptive-head-lights-coming-to-the-us.7004/post-123015

We have worked out the kinks for every truck configuration that has the necessary headlight configuration.

GoldBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Occupation
Broker
So the differences with this thread that I used to make my initial changes and that thread mentioned above, this one has the BCM modified and that thread does not. Should I change the BCM codes back?

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
So the differences with this thread that I used to make my initial changes and that thread mentioned above, this one has the BCM modified and that thread does not. Should I change the BCM codes back?
I would recommend you do. I took the great work @tonesto7 did, trimmed it down to only what is specifically required for the Glare Free lights to work and get rid of the warning. The list in the other thread are the only changes you need to make. It is well tested on both my own truck and many others at this point. It also matches what comes on the Canadian trucks with glare free OEM.
Sponsored