Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
9 Pages of orders... and not one XLT? :(

I understand the idea of selling the most expensive ones first, but my build is a $64,000 SR XLT including the $9500 312A upgrades... just a little lower priced than the Lariat.

Each time I hit that refresh button on the browser, I feel like I'm playing a slot machine and I'm running out of quarters.
Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
9 Pages of orders... and not one XLT? :(

I understand the idea of selling the most expensive ones first, but my build is a $64,000 SR XLT including the $9500 312A upgrades... just a little lower priced than the Lariat.

Each time I hit that refresh button on the browser, I feel like I'm playing a slot machine and I'm running out of quarters.
I feel your pain. I'm a Lariat ER and first minute reservation holder and I didn't get an production date either.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
I feel your pain. I'm a Lariat ER and first minute reservation holder and I didn't get an production date either.
It's hard trying to predict why certain models seem to be first. Some theorize that the battery size is a factor, but if you've ordered a Lariat and ER, I'm totally stumped.

I just hope it has nothing to do with dealers interfering with the order to give priority to buyers paying extra for the privilege of being first on line. If so, what's worse is that I'm tempted to pay extra.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
It's hard trying to predict why certain models seem to be first. Some theorize that the battery size is a factor, but if you've ordered a Lariat and ER, I'm totally stumped.

I just hope it has nothing to do with dealers interfering with the order to give priority to buyers paying extra for the privilege of being first on line. If so, what's worse is that I'm tempted to pay extra.
That's what I'm thinking. Some of the people I've talked to have been upgraded to priority 1. From my understanding dealers can only give a priority 10 and dire district managers can give up to priority 2. I don't know how you get to 1.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'm guessing they are ramping retail production slowly the first few weeks, or they have intermixed some retail in with the tail end of mannequin production, hopefully the numbers pick up in subsequent weeks.

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
That's what I'm thinking. Some of the people I've talked to have been upgraded to priority 1. From my understanding dealers can only give a priority 10 and dire district managers can give up to priority 2. I don't know how you get to 1.
I'm going to reach out to Ford corporate to see if they can shed some light on this. The only reason I'm driving a Mach-E right now is that my F-150 unexpectedly broke down last year and although it was covered under warranty, the dealer couldn't figure out how to get it started.

Ford Corporate has great customer experience people who truly care. It took 4 months before I gave up waiting for the dealer and Ford Corporate called me twice a week to try to help. They offered to send engineers to the dealer multiple times to help them diagnose it (the dealer refused).

The Mach-E is a great car, but I don't want to go another summer without a truck.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The scheduling system moves an order to a 1 when it's trying to get it scheduled on the next cycle. The only limitation is availability of parts.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I'm going to reach out to Ford corporate to see if they can shed some light on this.
Your wasting your time. Anybody you get on the phone will have 0 knowledge of the scheduling of orders and the scheduling system itself.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Developer
Your wasting your time. Anybody you get on the phone will have 0 knowledge of the scheduling of orders and the scheduling system itself.
Just wishful thinking. They've proven to be super helpful in the past, and especially helpful in trying to remedy my situation. They even sent me $1000 on a Visa Gift Card to compensate me for the lost time without my F-150.

It could be a dead end, but perhaps they can confirm which configurations are being built first and how long it will be for other configs.

I realize a lot of it has to do with parts, but most of the XLT parts are the same as the Lariat and other parts in the ICE parts bin. The ER an SR batteries are the likely the only major difference that could be a dealbreaker. If they build ER batteries first, I'm screwed because although I'm willing to pay another $4800 for a Lariat, I'm not paying $10K more for another 70 miles of range.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Just wishful thinking. They've proven to be super helpful in the past, and especially helpful in trying to remedy my situation. They even sent me $1000 on a Visa Gift Card to compensate me for the lost time without my F-150.

It could be a dead end, but perhaps they can confirm which configurations are being built first and how long it will be for other configs.

I realize a lot of it has to do with parts, but most of the XLT parts are the same as the Lariat and other parts in the ICE parts bin. The ER an SR batteries are the likely the only major difference that could be a dealbreaker. If they build ER batteries first, I'm screwed because although I'm willing to pay another $4800 for a Lariat, I'm not paying $10K more for another 70 miles of range.
It is true that there are many common parts between the XLT and the Lariat. That said, there are also significant differences with the cab and cab interiors inasmuch as the cab interior has different seats, instrument panel and a moonroof. The moon roof also requires different stamping in the body shop as well as a different headliner. Additionally, the tailgate and front grill panel are different as well. Unfortunately, we do not know which, if any of these differences impacts production and how trucks are schedule. There are some manufacturers that build vehicle in batches. For instance, where vehicles are built for multiple markets, it is not uncommon to do separate runs for each market in order to minimize the potential for parts mixups involving, for instance, the installation of Euro spec front lights on a US spec vehicle and vice versa (and yes, I have seen that from a European luxury manufacturer).

Last edited:

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
The scheduling system moves an order to a 1 when it's trying to get it scheduled on the next cycle. The only limitation is availability of parts.
It is true that there are many common parts between the XLT and the Lariat. That said, there are also significant differences with the cab and cab interiors inasmuch as the cab interior has different seats, instrument panel and a moonroof. The moon roof also requires different stamping in the body shop as well as a different headliner. Additionally, the tailgate and front grill panel are different as well. Unfortunately, we do not know which, if any of these differences impacts production And how trucks are schedule. There are some manufacturers that build vehicle in batches. For instance, where vehicles are built for multiple markets, it is not uncommon to do separate runs for each market in order to minimize the potential for parts mixups involving, for instance, the installation of Euro spec front lights on a US spec vehicle and vice versa (and yes, I have seen that from a European luxury manufacturer).
All these discussion about parts are not valid at this point. I have a Lariat ER on order since 1/6 and I have yet to get a production date when I should have been one of the first based upon my 3 minutes after reservation date. I believe that Ford has there own system on hand and no one else has any idea what it is.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
All these discussion about parts are not valid at this point. I have a Lariat ER on order since 1/6 and I have yet to get a production date when I should have been one of the first based upon my 3 minutes after reservation date. I believe that Ford has there own system on hand and no one else has any idea what it is.
I've been tracking vehicles for over 5 years with the Vehicle Visibility system. I'm just trying to pass along what I know about it. There is still a lot that happens in the background with dealer allocations that can't be explained, but some things are universal.

It doesn't matter what your reservation or order date is. There are other factors at play. Dealer allocation. What area of the country you are in. Prioritization. They all factor in to when your order is built.

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE
I just received an update on my Ford account (see post). I also ordered on 1/6 and reserved on reveal night. Not sure what is going on but maybe it has to do with dealer/state/color... Hang in there

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I just received an update on my Ford account (see post). I also ordered on 1/6 and reserved on reveal night. Not sure what is going on but maybe it has to do with dealer/state/color... Hang in there
Thanks. I see you are in TX, so am I. I ordered mine in Rapid Red though. Did you just get that update today? I got an email from Ford a little bit ago, but it was just said get ready to charge your new Lightning. I checked my account and still nothing. I just hate to have to share a car with my son for too long. He gets his license in May.
Sponsored