• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Thank you for that! Didnt know that its tied to the machine. You probably saved me another massive headache in all of this! Thanks!
THere is a release license in the FDRS when it asks you to log in.. Select release license and in 15 mins it will be available for another machine.. THis was a good catch though and glad someone mentioned it. If you didnt do it prior to erasing FDRS then reinstall and then do it

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1647784035744

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1647784056158
Sponsored

Jaug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
THere is a release license in the FDRS when it asks you to log in.. Select release license and in 15 mins it will be available for another machine.. THis was a good catch though and glad someone mentioned it. If you didnt do it prior to erasing FDRS then reinstall and then do it

1647784035744.png

1647784056158.png
Definitely a good catch. It would have taken a phone call and/or emails and probably many wasted days. I did try a clean install also which didn't work. The SSD is another great idea. I have one in the newer computer of course. The wifi card I think was another issue with my older computer. You can limp an older computer along but restarts and reinstalls only go so far and waste time and add to an already frustrating situation. Either way if you can borrow a laptop to see if it helps that is best before spending any money on upgrades. The license return for me took only a minute.

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
another recommendation for general use is to install the app Caffeine so your laptop doesn’t go to sleep on long programming sessions. while FDRS recovery from sleep is good, it’s not perfect.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Thank you for that! Didnt know that its tied to the machine. You probably saved me another massive headache in all of this! Thanks!
Correct. It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the license was machine-specific when someone wanted to set up a program for sharing license keys. No-go. Another example where prior wisdom can head-off future headaches.

I’m not sure, however, that this license restriction applies to reinstalling FDRS. I updated from one version to a higher version without fouling the license. But it didn’t involve a full uninstall followed by a clean reinstall on the same machine.

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Back at it again this morning! See what else awaits and see if I can PMI this U2100 on the IPC.

Some reading back though this thread indicates that it PMI'ed just fine with a Mongoose after failed Nano attempts...

Sponsored

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Back at it again this morning! See what else awaits and see if I can PMI this U2100 on the IPC.

Some reading back though this thread indicates that it PMI'ed just fine with a Mongoose after failed Nano attempts...
good luck man. i’m rolling nearly every update since before 1.7.1 today haha

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 0EC020A3-8994-49D4-A393-A99B572850B5

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
oh, and i’m afraid to ask at this point, but what is a PMI

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
oh, and i’m afraid to ask at this point, but what is a PMI
Programmable Module Installation. It completes the configuration of a module and if necessary installs software where prior installations did not run fully. Two options—original module in place and new module. Generally it’s the latter that works. If you click a module in FDRS, you’ll see a list of tools come up, including PMI.

Use sparingly. U2100 DTCs for a failure to configure are good candidates. U2400 DTCs for communication errors are not.

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
got it, thanks y’all. haven’t had any 2100s yet (or 2400) so i’ll keep my fingers and continue updating!

Sponsored

Shoebox72069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Lariat
Yeah the U2100 I got after my 8+ hr IPC update, but it was on the very end as everything applied.

I spent some time in the truck re-reading this thread and it seems to be a booby trap that was discussed that I missed. Thats what happens when I had to waste a month for the 1.7.1 update!

Looks like a few folks PMI'ed it with a module replacement. I did it twice yesterday and no change.

After I finish the TCU update Ill probably try that again. Truck is powered off for installation currently. The APIM update that I finished last night is also gone from the SW Update list. Most of what I have left seems to be tied to BlueCruise but I don't have that for my truck anyways.

I'd like to clean those up regardless but I'm only a sad nano user. Just need to keep seeing what pops back in 1 at a time...

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Correct. It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the license was machine-specific when someone wanted to set up a program for sharing license keys. No-go. Another example where prior wisdom can head-off future headaches.

I’m not sure, however, that this license restriction applies to reinstalling FDRS. I updated from one version to a higher version without fouling the license. But it didn’t involve a full uninstall followed by a clean reinstall on the same machine.
I recall now seeing that earlier in the thread but my mind went to "sharing" between people and not having to potentially switch to another computer. Night shift certainly isn't helping my thinking lol. Ill be sure to release the license as @Jesse-Infotainment mentioned. Definitely a good catch.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah the U2100 I got after my 8+ hr IPC update, but it was on the very end as everything applied.

I spent some time in the truck re-reading this thread and it seems to be a booby trap that was discussed that I missed. Thats what happens when I had to waste a month for the 1.7.1 update!

Looks like a few folks PMI'ed it with a module replacement. I did it twice yesterday and no change.

After I finish the TCU update Ill probably try that again. Truck is powered off for installation currently. The APIM update that I finished last night is also gone from the SW Update list. Most of what I have left seems to be tied to BlueCruise but I don't have that for my truck anyways.

I'd like to clean those up regardless but I'm only a sad nano user. Just need to keep seeing what pops back in 1 at a time...
I wouldn’t bother running another PMI if you plan to do it with the Nano. I doubt it will work—the Nano is probably why the update isn’t completing properly—and @Bob_Mac may have some insight to add about the perils of multiple PMIs, when the first was unsuccessful. If you want to try again, you will probably have to borrow or buy another, more reliable adapter.

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
You need to just leave the USB stick plugged in. It may take a couple of weeks for the truck to decide to read it. Or, maybe have two USB sticks set up and switch back and forth between them after a couple of weeks.
Some trucks immediately
Some trucks after several minutes and/or a few retries.
Some trucks after driving around with the USB inserted for days/weeks.

It's one of the more frustrating inconsistencies.

What's your battery voltage reading right now?

And what are your Sync update settings? Some feel that changing the settings may have kicked things off.

Is it possible that the truck is downloading the files in the background and once complete it prompts to do the install? This much data can take awhile to download. Hence the wait time.