Sponsored

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
For those following the camera views, I found another camera view that I haven't seen mentioned here anywhere. Its a forward rock crawl view, its basically just the front Grill camera in full screen. I came across it in the forscan options when I was turning on the cards for the right side of the screen. Maybe someone can tell us the actual hex location for those of us keeping spreadsheets.
Sponsored

Brad34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a 3.5 Ecoboost Screw
ITRM = TRM ?

If this Recall refers to the TRM, the TRM is OTA updateable, why wouldn't they push this OTA?
Maybe they are pushing it OTA, but this entire thread exists because many people are not receiving OTAs. They need to be sure the trucks get fixed.

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
What version of windows were you running?
Windows 11. I used an older Anker-branded USB 3.0 ethernet/USB hub connected to the laptop.

EDIT to add that I didn't need to install any special drivers for the dongle connected to the laptop (a nice surprise after like 6 driver installs from FDRS).

Last edited:

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
I will add that if you're a goober like me who happily started the procedure only to realize their laptop had no Ethernet port (in my defense I was using the kids' laptop since mine doesn't run Windows) a USB hub/ethernet adapter plugged INTO THE LAPTOP will work fine. For the truck connection I used the recommended StarTech adapter.

It looks downright ridiculous, and it's technically downright ridiculous to be doing from USB to ethernet to USB to different USB but amazingly it all worked.
That is exactly how I set mine up. I have a very thin laptop with lots of USB-Cs but not much else.

What version of windows were you running?
Can't speak for slappy but I was on Windows 10

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Maybe they are pushing it OTA, but this entire thread exists because many people are not receiving OTAs. They need to be sure the trucks get fixed.
I think this is right. Ford has had a less than fully successful roll-out of the OTA system. 1.7.1 failures prevented people from getting any subsequent updates, for example. It’s unfortunate if BlueCruise doesn’t work, or you aren’t getting all your camera views or your APIM configuration looks funny. But it’s not a catastrophe. Nobody is going to die. The brake controller issue, however, is a safety problem of a higher order. Ford may have rightly thought it was too risky to trust this update to a demonstrably unreliable OTA mechanism.

Sponsored

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Could someone who has done all their updates up to BlueCruise level with a '21 Platinum Powerboost with 360 cams post the Forscan changes they made to enable cameras at speed, hitch camera, etc.?

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
Could someone who has done all their updates up to BlueCruise level with a '21 Platinum Powerboost with 360 cams post the Forscan changes they made to enable cameras at speed, hitch camera, etc.?
Do you have to make forscan changes for the cameras at speed to work? I tried mine yesterday and it works without any forscan changes. Did not play with them a lot I was just on the interstate and hit the camera button and they came on. The only update I have done was bring it to the BC level.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 21 Platinum powerboost job 1 and had to make the following changes:

7D0-01-0403F4FC2040AF

7D0-02-018616420A0244

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have to make forscan changes for the cameras at speed to work? I tried mine yesterday and it works without any forscan changes. Did not play with them a lot I was just on the interstate and hit the camera button and they came on. The only update I have done was bring it to the BC level.
You might have only some of the available views, in which case you’d need to make changes.

nicholsbradley

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Analyst
You might have only some of the available views, in which case you’d need to make changes.
Yea I am afraid to mess my BC up now making Forscan changes. I did do the double honk that's about it.

Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 21 Platinum powerboost job 1 and had to make the following changes:

7D0-01-0403F4FC2040AF

7D0-02-018616420A0244
7D0-02-01 still puzzles me. Maybe someone with better FORScan command than mine can answer this. Is it possible to have the same checksum yet have differences in other blocks? 7D0-02-01 for me starts with 0616, but I have he same checksum value—44.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yea I am afraid to mess my BC up now making Forscan changes. I did do the double honk that's about it.
I get it. No need to worry about the double honk. That’s on the BCM and none of the recent updates touched that module.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7D0-02-01 still puzzles me. Maybe someone with better FORScan command than mine can answer this. Is it possible to have the same checksum yet have differences in other blocks? 7D0-02-01 for me starts with 0816, but I have he same checksum value—44.
I was under the impression the checksum didn't matter and just let Forscan fill that in?

jcarrico

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 502a (on order)
Alrighty, So my dealer has been working on getting the 1.7.1 fix implemented. We are on day 4 now.

Advisor is telling me that they are having trouble getting FDRS to communicate with the truck and getting a "system administrator" error. I've followed this thread closely for weeks and not seen a mention of anything similar.

Anyone have thoughts?

I may have to buy a mongoose and tackle myself if they don't make progress end of week.
Sponsored