• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford canceled my reservation.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Even after I posted asking if the OP can check a past text or spam email from
Actually answered it several times. Called and Chatted per the email from Ford. Nothing in spam folder which is done automatically by Google. I haven’t put Ford on a spam list and asking Ford to not send marketing emails is completely different issue. Ford can send emails. No reason to conflate updates on an order with marketing and Ford does not state that in the unsubscribe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
The prioritization process had a deadline way back in December.
Think you misunderstand. The preferred allocation is not related to reservations at all. Dealer gets trucks to sell as it sees fit. The issue that upset many with reservations was it allowed people with no reservation to jump the line.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Think you misunderstand. The preferred allocation is not related to reservations at all. Dealer gets trucks to sell as it sees fit. The issue that upset many with reservations was it allowed people with no reservation to jump the line.
I think you are misunderstanding other peoples posts. I haven’t seen anything on here about dealers letting someone without an actual reservation to get in line. Even scumbag dealers that are calling around telling people they can order one if they are willing to pay a huge mark up are calling reservation holders. Not their usual clientele.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
WRONG

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
For the normal F150, you are probably correct. For the Lightning, it is all based upon reservation and invitation to order that is issued by Ford Motor Company.

As an example, my neighborhood Ford dealer is part of a large dealer group with a few hundred reservations. My salesman at that dealership said they are getting zero MY 22 Lightnings and will not see anything until next year. Simply put, they received zero allocations and thus, none of their reservation holders can convert a reservation to an order.

My understanding is that the ordering process for the Lightning is very different from that used for other models. My anticipation is that Ford was trying to prevent problems that occurred with other recent product launches.

It is unfortunate that your reservation was somehow cancelled, but I do not believe that it opened up an allocation for your dealer to give it to any old customer it wanted. Rather, it should have resulted in the allocation going to the next person on the reservation list so that that person convert his or her reservation to an order.

Sponsored

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
I’ve never heard from my dealer other than when I reached out to confirm pricing. I received an email in Jan that’s said, “Time to order.”

If I’m not mistaken there was an expiration that if you did not order or extend by that date you were canceled.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
For the normal F150, you are probably correct. For the Lightning, it is all based upon reservation and invitation to order that is issued by Ford Motor Company.

As an example, my neighborhood Ford dealer is part of a large dealer group with a few hundred reservations. My salesman at that dealership said they are getting zero MY 22 Lightnings and will not see anything until next year. Simply put, they received zero allocations and thus, none of their reservation holders can convert a reservation to an order.

My understanding is that the ordering process for the Lightning is very different from that used for other models. My anticipation is that Ford was trying to prevent problems that occurred with other recent product launches.

It is unfortunate that your reservation was somehow cancelled, but I do not believe that it opened up an allocation for your dealer to give it to any old customer it wanted. Rather, it should have resulted in the allocation going to the next person on the reservation list so that that person convert his or her reservation to an order.
Not exactly. Reservation has no real order to it. It depends on where you are on your dealers allocation list. The dealers are allowed to assign to Preferred Customers. My canceled reset now goes to a dealer Preferred customer and can be marked up.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Not exactly. Reservation has no real order to it. It depends on where you are on your dealers allocation list. The dealers are allowed to assign to Preferred Customers. My canceled reset now goes to a dealer Preferred customer and can be marked up.
WRONG AGAIN

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech

Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
Went and looked at the Ford.com website and it shows the reservation canceled today.
Can you post a screenshot. I think a lot of us would be interested to see what you are seeing.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
If I’m not mistaken there was an expiration that if you did not order or extend by that date you were canceled.
I contacted dealer who told me I was 35 out of their 25 allocation for ‘234 so no expectation of this year, no reason to check or monitor website. Fully expect Ford and Dealer to contact me when time to place an order.

Did not get an email from Ford or dealer about ordering. Did not get a phone call from Ford or Dealer. Just email saying order was canceled. When I called, Ford said to check my spam box. No reason Ford or dealer email would go in spam folder. The cancel email, two of them, showed up fine. And no phone calls that emails were not answered.
Sponsored

Last edited: