• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Would anyone else have preferred Cyber Orange as a color option?

Shrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, Energica Eva Ribelle
I see the Broncos and Mach-Es and that color just looks so much cooler than the standard colors the Lightning got. And while I appreciate the intent behind "Resale Value Red/Black/Silver/White," I'd much rather enjoy the vehicle as I'm driving it, not for how much I can get for it later.

Maybe if enough people are onboard, we can start a "CYBER ORANGE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club thread" with fake pictures photoshopping beds on the Bronco, and Mr. Farley will be inspired to give us cool colors...
Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I think it would be great with a big TONKA across the back...

I expect to see the occasional F150 sporting a wrap.

If I had my way, I would go with this colour scheme, but it is far too expensive:

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I'm not a fan of orange colored vehicles. It's just too "out there" unless it's on a hypercar. I'd at least like to see color parity with the ICE F150s. I think I would have chosen space white over star white.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I think it would be great with a big TONKA across the back...

I expect to see the occasional F150 sporting a wrap.

If I had my way, I would go with this colour scheme, but it is far too expensive:

I saw that about a month ago and tried to get my wife to see if we could wrap her Mach E like that. She didn't like it though. She is stuck on red.

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
I would be ok if it matched my 69 bronco.

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Absolutely would like to have seen some more "modern" colors like Area 51 or Cactus Gray, which even the Maverick has. Both Atlas Blue and Rapid Red and any of the other "bold" colors that we have on the f-150 are actually quite old-school looking, compared to more modern vehicles like Rivian.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Absolutely - wife I could could have his and hers orange (it is a great color). None of the available colors on the Lightning really do anything for me - would have loved more options that aren't black/white/silver/grey

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
No. I've got an Area 51 Bronco and a Rapid Red Mach-E (that will be traded for the Lightning) and Cyber Orange is far and away my least favorite color on either model. To each his own. I call it school bus orange.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Nah, but I would have liked a green.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
No. I've got an Area 51 Bronco and a Rapid Red Mach-E (that will be traded for the Lightning) and Cyber Orange is far and away my least favorite color on either model. To each his own. I call it school bus orange.
It is darker than school busses. Parked ours next to one to check!

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
If you want to attract F-150 ICE customers, use standard colors. If you want to attract EV buyers, use modern colors. They did both, which limited choice for each group. As an EV buyer, I hope I like IBS.

Many people HATE orange (not sure why), so given you are choosing options for only a portion of your buyers, why segment it more with orange.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If you want to attract F-150 ICE customers, use standard colors. If you want to attract EV buyers, use modern colors. They did both, which limited choice for each group. As an EV buyer, I hope I like IBS.

Many people HATE orange (not sure why), so given you are choosing options for only a portion of your buyers, why segment it more with orange.
Since pretty much every Lightning is going to be custom ordered for the next year or so (at least), why not offer the full palet of colors. Charge extra if you need to for "specialty" colors. I would gladly have paid extra for a color I really liked.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
I had an Orange Crush Jeep, would have loved that as an option ;)
Sponsored