• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

POLL: New to ford? New to full size trucks?

Are you new to Ford, full size trucks, or both?

• Total voters

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
We've all heard that 75% of the reservations for the Lightning are from "new to Ford" customers, but I'm curious how many are also new to full size trucks? Understanding that users here may skew this poll relative to the general public/the bulk of the reservations, but still curious. Let us know!
Sponsored

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This will be my 5th Ford truck and 2nd full size (94 Ranger XL 2WD; 03 Ranger XLT 4WD; 93 Ranger XLT 4WD; 14 F150 Lariat). Been waiting for an all electric F150 since the first whispers back in 2018!

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
This will be my 5th Ford truck and 2nd full size (94 Ranger XL 2WD; 03 Ranger XLT 4WD; 93 Ranger XLT 4WD; 14 F150 Lariat). Been waiting for an all electric F150 since the first whispers back in 2018!
Agree 100%. Most things I need require a pickup. I've just been waiting for electric power so I can get from area to area with as little to no gas as possible. Without sacrificing capability or personal comfort in any weather. Period!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Long time Ford fan and this will be my 4th F150.

Curious how this poll works out though. Knowing the demographics of the site will be interesting.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
We've all heard that 75% of the reservations for the Lightning are from "new to Ford" customers, but I'm curious how many are also new to full size trucks? Understanding that users here may skew this poll relative to the general public/the bulk of the reservations, but still curious. Let us know!
So…how do I answer this if I owned a 2004 Volvo? Does that count as being part of the Ford family? If not, would a Mercury count given the amount of rebadging? Or does it have to be Ford proper?

I suppose the fact that I’m even asking means I’m part of the Ford family…

Sponsored
OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So…how do I answer this if I owned a 2004 Volvo? Does that count as being part of the Ford family? If not, would a Mercury count given the amount of rebadging? Or does it have to be Ford proper?

I suppose the fact that I’m even asking means I’m part of the Ford family…
Haha- interpret it how you will- or how you think Ford means it when they say "75% of reservation holders are new to Ford"? I'd probably lean similarly- it's all under the same umbrella.

I'm curious more from an experience standby- as in, how familiar will the Lightning feel, relative to other vehicles you've owned? Between those 2 alternatives, I'd say Volvo's definitely have their own style/design/experience, relative to most Fords. But maybe Mercurys and Lincolns are close enough to be very familiar.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
New to full size trucks.
Pretty damn loyal to Ford, with the exception of one 1994 z28 Camaro, that blew a transmission 🤣. Driven mustangs to the biggest SUV Expedition. How much bigger does an F-150 feel to an expedition? Now I’m a little, little worried with that other post.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
New to full size trucks.
Pretty damn loyal to Ford, with the exception of one 1994 z28 Camaro, that blew a transmission 🤣. Driven mustangs to the biggest SUV Expedition. How much bigger does an F-150 feel to an expedition? Now I’m a little, little worried with that other post.
I drive a crew cab with a short box. I had to get an expedition for a day as a repair loaner. Expedition felt like a boat compared to my F150. You don’t realize how much heavier the Expedition is than the ICE f150, but between the added cabin area and the steel body versus trucks aluminum, it’s noticeable.

If you feel comfortable in an expedition Im sure the Lightning will delight

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you've driven an Expedition, at least you're in the ballpark. And with the Lightning having rear independent suspension (relative to other F150's) you won't even notice what I might think would be the biggest ride quality difference

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I drive a crew cab with a short box. I had to get an expedition for a day as a repair loaner. Expedition felt like a boat compared to my F150. You don’t realize how much heavier the Expedition is than the ICE f150, but between the added cabin area and the steel body versus trucks aluminum, it’s noticeable.

If you feel comfortable in an expedition Im sure the Lightning will delight
Whew!! I was wondering if I should go test drive an ICE F-150. But after the two post replies I’m good. Thank you both.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Whew!! I was wondering if I should go test drive an ICE F-150. But after the two post replies I’m good. Thank you both.
Glad to offer an opinion, but would suggest you go test an ICE one just for fun- I would think it'll definitely be the closest you can get for now. And it's free!

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I have zero loyalty to any brand but have been driving pickups for a long time. I always wanted a Tesla in truck form so here it is.

danofcolo

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
retired
Wasn’t sure how to vote, I am a full size truck loyalist. Over the past 52 years I have had 6 Fords (5 F350’s), 5 GM’s, 2 Internationals (I’m old) & 1 little Mazda for a short time. Currently driving a Chevy Silverado 1/2 Ton.

OP
OP
RainorshinePNW

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wasn’t sure how to vote, I am a full size truck loyalist. Over the past 52 years I have had 6 Fords (5 F350’s), 5 GM’s, 2 Internationals (I’m old) & 1 little Mazda for a short time. Currently driving a Chevy Silverado 1/2 Ton.
Maybe "loyalist" was s a bad choice of wording- the intent was to understand if someone is new to Ford, or experienced/past customer.
Sponsored