• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/9 Lightning Build Week Group

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Are you able to glean any patterns? Seems like there is something going on with Vins over 4300 that are built but have no scheduled delivery. This is a small data set so any real trends would have to be supported across blend weeks.
Not that I can see, there are several VIN's in the 5xxx, 6xxx, 7xxx, ++++ making various levels of progress on the Auto trader study and in the forum tracker.
Sponsored

aquapools

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat and 2018 Ford Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Are you able to glean any patterns? Seems like there is something going on with VIN'S over 4300 that are built but have no scheduled delivery. This is a small data set so any real trends would have to be supported across blend weeks.
Hamtech it looks like there is only six of us on the list with no delivery dates !!! My VIN is 4584.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
Hamtech it looks like there is only six of us on the list with no delivery dates !!! My VIN is 4584.
Right, that was why I asked about a trend. It seemed that the only 5/9 blend week VINs not delivered were above 4300 or so.

Ford customer service called me and told me my truck was built and liner was done but the truck is awaiting “sign off”. I was wondering if this was Ford’s way of saying my truck is missing a chip. There was a report about chip issues also impacting Lightnings, even though Ford said there was no issue with Lightnings.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
I’m so sorry to hear this. My vin is in the 4500-4515 range and was delivered to Southern California exactly one month form blend date. Blend date 05/11 delivery to dealership 06/11.
Thanks for the kind words.

I am Securities attorney and thought that some of Ford statements on the chip issue were a little too cute. Then from the group I could see Ford appeared to be shipping vehicles with different blend weeks. This is how you avoid a section 10b5 claim for misstatements on production delays.

Sponsored

zimmsquad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Realtor & Lender
Just called ford and they told me my order shipping is TBD due to:

Microchip at plant hold

Guess they are having some delays due to microchips on these as well.

Brocked

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Ditch Digger
I did a chat with Ford today and they were able to locate my Lightning and it was delivered to Pearland Texas BNSF rail yard!

Very close to my dealership. Now just waiting for a transport truck to Tomball Ford!! I will keep everyone posted. I have not seen one in Houston as of yet.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Just called ford and they told me my order shipping is TBD due to:

Microchip at plant hold

Guess they are having some delays due to microchips on these as well.
Does your truck show "built" on your order tracking page? Do you have an estimated delivery date?

It would be a big deal if trucks with "built" status have delayed shipping due to a chip hold.

Sponsored

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
Does your truck show "built" on your order tracking page? Do you have an estimated delivery date?

It would be a big deal if trucks with "built" status have delayed shipping due to a chip hold.
My truck shows in production 5/16. Modules went live 5/18. My truck is now in Chip Hold.
This was not listed in vehicle visibility until today.

Previously report said holding for launch.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
For those of you who just found out you were on hold for chip delay -- had you previously received the "built" email from Ford? How about the "shipped" email? I'm wondering if I might be in the same boat, since my Lightning was built on 5/29 but still sitting in Dearborn per Ford Chat. I did receive built and shipped emails however (and order tracker shows that it shipped with expected delivery 7/1-7/7).

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
For those of you who just found out you were on hold for chip delay -- had you previously received the "built" email from Ford? How about the "shipped" email? I'm wondering if I might be in the same boat, since my Lightning was built on 5/29 but still sitting in Dearborn per Ford Chat. I did receive built and shipped emails however (and order tracker shows that it shipped with expected delivery 7/1-7/7).
Nothing. For a while I was blaming the spray liner because the only record in the visabilty report was the vehicle was sent to the body shop.

The chip hold notation is new as of yesterday.

aquapools

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I'm scratching my head right now. They didn't have enough chips to complete 5000 Lightning's. That's outrageous. Ford really has their head up their ass.

aquapools

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My truck shows in production 5/16. Modules went live 5/18. My truck is now in Chip Hold.
This was not listed in vehicle visibility until today.

Previously report said holding for launch.
How do you access the vehicle visibility report ?
Sponsored