• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Order and Fight or pay the ADM?

OP
OP

aceshigh73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot
@aceshigh73 what did you end up doing?
I went to bed without ordering. I thought about it for a bit and wondered why Fordā€™s email say order by 9/5.

9/6 at 7am EST and I can still order and my private offer also still pops up.
maybe 9/5 is a date they need me to order so I can get an XLT (what I extended for) before the next wave of invites gets sent out and the XLT possible not available (like the Pro before this). Iā€™m curious if there are any members here that were 1) reservation extenders for the Pro and didnā€™t order (or what their date was or 2)if they are too a XLT extender and if they see what I see.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
I went to bed without ordering. I thought about it for a bit and wondered why Fordā€™s email say order by 9/5.

9/6 at 7am EST and I can still order and my private offer also still pops up.
maybe 9/5 is a date they need me to order so I can get an XLT (what I extended for) before the next wave of invites gets sent out and the XLT possible not available (like the Pro before this). Iā€™m curious if there are any members here that were 1) reservation extenders for the Pro and didnā€™t order (or what their date was or 2)if they are too a XLT extender and if they see what I see.
So after all that youā€™re not ordering, is the conclusion?

Despite the nay-sayers, this shit dealer will be happy to ā€œbuyā€ the truck from you day of delivery - or will the dealer down the street

Iā€™d pull trigger, attempt resolution during the next many months before delivery, and play by ear.

OP
OP

aceshigh73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot
So after all that youā€™re not ordering, is the conclusion?

Despite the nay-sayers, this shit dealer will be happy to ā€œbuyā€ the truck from you day of delivery - or will the dealer down the street

Iā€™d pull trigger, attempt resolution during the next many months before delivery, and play by ear.
with the long holiday weekend I wanted to reach out to the GM of the dealership to see if he will release the invite with the Help of the regional rep.
If he can/will then this is a different conversation.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
You have plenty of good advice. The decision is ultimately yours. Hopefully people will respect that and not lay into you, but please do let us know for education purposes what ultimately happens. Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Has anybody successfully done that? I had the option to but I went with Third party financing due to Fords ridiculous rates.

Itā€™s a fine idea if the online process works especially with Ford Private Offer discount.
Are you implying you could not complete check out online with 3rd party financing? What if you already have an approved loan and a check ready to be issued? There is another thread Buying Online about this but the few of us that are following have not had much confirmation of what happens if you actually complete the process online.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Are you implying you could not complete check out online with 3rd party financing? What if you already have an approved loan and a check ready to be issued? There is another thread Buying Online about this but the few of us that are following have not had much confirmation of what happens if you actually complete the process online.
I didnt try, I had the choice to checkout with 3rd party but I didnt go through the whole way to see what it would say in the end.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
So heā€™s just not supposed to get a lightning at all now?
This is ridiculous. They're going to make at least 200,000 of these trucks. They will be available lightly used below MSRP in 18-24 months. They may not have a legacy vehicle depreciation curve, but they're going to fall back to earth with the rest of the market. Even at peak Tesla crazy, Teslas were depreciating at least a little.

If your dealer is going to screw you, just have patience.

That said, place the order. Try and set up a flip if the markups will put you out of budget. If not you can walk at the last minute.

I'd tell the guy right up front that if he cuts a wire you'll expect a discount to reflect the damages and if he etches any glass you'll put him on the hook for new glass to fix the vandalism.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I stated in the thread earlier that once the truck is shipped it's invoiced to the dealer and, as far as I know, it's "theirs" and no longer Ford's. So I suspect this online portal either isn't doing what we think it's doing or there's some loophole Ford has managed with its franchisees.

I'm more than hopeful I'm wrong on this but given the fact that thread is a month old without a single person reporting what actually happens once someone finalizes a "purchase" I'm skeptical it's doing much of anything beyond pre-printing all the forms that would still need to be signed by your dealership who could then unwind all the contractual terms printed on the sheet.

Does it even have all the specific states' TT&L amounts, for example? I suspect once someone finally pushes that final button it'll spit out some pre-printed forms and tell the buyer to take the forms into the dealership to finalize the transaction...and that's typically when the wheels would fall off the bus.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
with the long holiday weekend I wanted to reach out to the GM of the dealership to see if he will release the invite with the Help of the regional rep.
If he can/will then this is a different conversation.
Wow..... Instead of eating 2,500 you will pay full price for an XLT lol

Sponsored

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Click the button. The dealer is just reflecting partial market spread - taking part of the vig. You own the rest in a crazy market where you have an ace in the hole - the tax credit plus you could sell it for a flip grain on day one, well over the $2,500, so zero downside. The dealer is just saying "Give me a taste." Capitalism folks.
the downside is if you actually want the truck with no intention of flipping. Youā€™ve now handed over $2500 for no reason. I have nothing against capitalism in a world where I can purchase direct. government protected middle man dealer shenanigans seems anti-capitalist to me.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
weird that you were unable to call ford to swap dealers. MY dealer wanted $8K i believe when I tried ordering, I got it swapped in a quick phone call and finished the order that way.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
weird that you were unable to call ford to swap dealers. MY dealer wanted $8K i believe when I tried ordering, I got it swapped in a quick phone call and finished the order that way.
MY22 or 23? They have made dealer swaps almost impossible for 23.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
MY22 or 23? They have made dealer swaps almost impossible for 23.
This is because MY2023 wave 1 (Pro Extension) and wave 2 (XLT Extension) are linked to the dealer that got the allocation and offered the extension. I bet wave 3 invites have more ability to swap dealers before placing the order.

Also be aware that ordering and walking away gives the dealer even more markup potential beyond the 2,500.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
Once you extended to MY23 you were locked into the dealer tied to your reservation at that time. Ford Customer Care confirmed this with me before the extension ordering opened up last month as I was wondering the same thing.

That being said, and as others have mentioned, if the Ford order site doesn't show the ADM I would place the order and fight the dealer at the table. The dealer will have to accept the "no ADM" price directly from Ford, if they want to try and impose one on delivery I would get Ford involved. They've stepped in to resolve issues such as this on a handful of occasions. Would keep my mouth shut until then, these dealers have us by the balls and they know it. Will do anything to get you to back out when they know $30K+ in profit just rolled into the lot.
Sponsored