• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Order and Fight or pay the ADM?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
You think he is gonna make $40k on an XLT? You may need to look up what these trucks are actually selling for. C&B just sold one for roughly $20k over and that’s before whatever state taxes you paid initially.

You do realize that once the deal is signed it is very difficult to unwind that deal, outside of a lemon? Also this dealer clearly doesn’t give a fuck about reviews. There are tons of Ford dealers all around the country with 2 star or less reviews that seem to survive fine by fucking people over.
Any Lightning is selling 3rd party way over Market. He won't go under on the deal.

Dealers do care. The example I pointed out had all the ADM and BS wiped once the internet trolls started lashing out.

I dunno, advising someone to not order and sacrifice their chance of getting one of these Golden Tickets seems even more egregious.

If the dealer wants to play game, play it right back.
Sponsored

OP
OP

aceshigh73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot
You think he is gonna make $40k on an XLT? You may need to look up what these trucks are actually selling for. C&B just sold one for roughly $20k over and that’s before whatever state taxes you paid initially.

You do realize that once the deal is signed it is very difficult to unwind that deal, outside of a lemon? Also this dealer clearly doesn’t give a fuck about reviews. There are tons of Ford dealers all around the country with 2 star or less reviews that seem to survive fine by fucking people over.

Would have to agree with most of what you are saying here... This dealership gives zero F*cks. Almost all the sales guys and managers are short, muscle-head jerk-offs that wear their little brother's shirts to the dealership. What kills me is I chose the wrong dealership in the initial reservation process not knowing that it made a difference. There are about 5 Ford Dealers in my area (10 or 20 mile radius) and I chose one of the ones that would charge an ADM. After discussing every option with the GM and that i had emails from the dealership 15 mins away that would sell it to me at MSRP he still would rather bother the regional Ford rep and take his time and try to get the order released instead of just agreeing to sell at MSRP.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Any Lightning is selling 3rd party way over Market. He won't go under on the deal.

Dealers do care. The example I pointed out had all the ADM and BS wiped once the internet trolls started lashing out.

I dunno, advising someone to not order and sacrifice their chance of getting one of these Golden Tickets seems even more egregious.

If the dealer wants to play game, play it right back.
here Is the most recent XLT sale

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9A41Bey5/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-xlt

Window sticker at $55k. With price increases, that sticker is up another $8k. This dealer will not honor Ford Private Offer, guaranteed. The way Private Offer is being implemented without any guarantee is absolutely ridiculous and enables more games to be played by the dealer.

If you actually care to look up the numbers, it’s not the golden ticket after all the shenanigans the dealer will pull. When people show you who they are in the first place, believe them.

If this was a truck that had actually arrived with 2022 pricing and the tax credit and then the dealer sprung $2500 ADM, I would begrudgingly pay it. I would still leave an awful review and never use them again.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would have to agree with most of what you are saying here... This dealership gives zero F*cks. Almost all the sales guys and managers are short, muscle-head jerk-offs that wear their little brother's shirts to the dealership. What kills me is I chose the wrong dealership in the initial reservation process not knowing that it made a difference. There are about 5 Ford Dealers in my area (10 or 20 mile radius) and I chose one of the ones that would charge an ADM. After discussing every option with the GM and that i had emails from the dealership 15 mins away that would sell it to me at MSRP he still would rather bother the regional Ford rep and take his time and try to get the order released instead of just agreeing to sell at MSRP.
Will you atleast qualify for the tax credit next year if the truck gets the full $7500?

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
This dealer will continue to fuck you. $2500 adm now, and when it comes in another $5000 in LoJack, warranty and vin etching and then THEY WILL POCKET THE FORD PRIVATE OFFER which would have honored the old pricing. It’s the classic fuck up my one time customer playbook. They are gonna take you for all they got, you will not be a returning customer and they don’t care.

Do not listen to the people here who are saying just order it. Ford has made it as fucked as possible for people who chose to extend.
So he’s just not supposed to get a lightning at all now?

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
here Is the most recent XLT sale

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9A41Bey5/2022-ford-f-150-lightning-xlt

Window sticker at $55k. With price increases, that sticker is up another $8k. This dealer will not honor Ford Private Offer, guaranteed. The way Private Offer is being implemented without any guarantee is absolutely ridiculous and enables more games to be played by the dealer.

If you actually care to look up the numbers, it’s not the golden ticket after all the shenanigans the dealer will pull. When people show you who they are in the first place, believe them.

If this was a truck that had actually arrived with 2022 pricing and the tax credit and then the dealer sprung $2500 ADM, I would begrudgingly pay it. I would still leave an awful review and never use them again.
On second thought. The reason people are in this place is because they didn't reach out and iron everything out with their dealer ahead of time.

It sucks that this guy got a $hitty dealer. It also sucks that dealers arent straight shooters. Had he proactively had conversations with the dealer he could've found all this out a long time ago and switched. Now it's too late to switch.

I had never stepped foot into my dealer before I made my reservation. However, after in person conversations and emails with this dealer, I'm getting the deal I expected.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So he’s just not supposed to get a lightning at all now?
To continue with this dealer is inviting more pain. Whether OP wants to go through that is entirely their choice.

No matter what, I would still call Ford Coporate, tweet at Mike Levine etc and talk about how a dealer is literally forcing people to abandon orders that they placed more than a year and a half ago.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
To continue with this dealer is inviting more pain. Whether OP wants to go through that is entirely their choice.
He can order and if the numbers are really bad at time of pick up, he can walk away then. It’s dumb not to order and to try to work something out at that point.

Especially if you can complete your order before you even show up, online, and if there’s no ADM you’re set.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
He can order and if the numbers are really bad at time of pick up, he can walk away then. It’s dumb not to order and to try to work something out at that point.

Especially if you can complete your order before you even show up, online, and if there’s no ADM you’re set.
Has anybody successfully done that? I had the option to but I went with Third party financing due to Fords ridiculous rates.

It’s a fine idea if the online process works especially with Ford Private Offer discount.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Has anybody successfully done that? I had the option to but I went with Third party financing due to Fords ridiculous rates.
Yes people have.
And you can go with Fords rate and refinance if you want. You’d still save money.

Sponsored

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
This! Unless they do things dramatically differently than everything else I’ve seen, you’ll be putting down a $500 or maybe $1000 refundable deposit.

If all of these other doom and gloom predictions come to pass, walk away and get your deposit back.

It’s insane to walk away now.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes people have.
And you can go with Fords rate and refinance if you want. You’d still save money.
Refi would make it a “used” car, typically higher rates depending on the lender. It would still be better than the 4.9% that Ford is offering I guess.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This! Unless they do things dramatically differently than everything else I’ve seen, you’ll be putting down a $500 or maybe $1000 refundable deposit.

If all of these other doom and gloom predictions come to pass, walk away and get your deposit back.

It’s insane to walk away now.
Doom and gloom lol. This is the reality with most car dealers these days.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Refi would make it a “used” car, typically higher rates depending on the lender. It would still be better than the 4.9% that Ford is offering I guess.
I’ve seen low 2’s depending on credit score and length.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Yes people have.
Please link me to examples of people buying vehicles directly from Ford via the online portal...or anywhere for that matter! They aren't Ford's trucks to sell. They'll tell you that fact in no uncertain terms if you call them first thing in the morning. That's why they can't change a reservation and why they can't dictate pricing.

Ford can make the vehicles but it can't sell them--at least not currently. The best Ford has done, and all they've shown themselves willing/able to do, is pick up a phone and say strong words to owners. I imagine those strong words are, "please don't shit on this customer" while hoping for the best because they very obviously don't have any leverage beyond a simple (albeit strong) request. Maybe they're throwing some pretty pleases in there.

I’ve seen low 2’s depending on credit score and length.
There won't be any "low 2s" rates months from now when this vehicle becomes available. Regardless, every auto loan I've seen is based on "new" vs. "used" vehicles whatever way the lender defines those categories. "Refinancing" shouldn't impact a rate.
Sponsored