• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Order and Fight or pay the ADM?

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Also be aware that ordering and walking away gives the dealer even more markup potential beyond the 2,500.
It doesn't benefit you at all to get revenge on the dealer. It won't even make you feel better. Keep a cool head and watch your own back. If they make $20k off of somebody else instead of $2500 off you, you're better off than if they take you for $2500.

There will be no more reservations after 2023, and as soon as the supply isn't spoken for by reservations the craziness will calm down.
Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Does it even have all the specific states' TT&L amounts, for example? I suspect once someone finally pushes that final button it'll spit out some pre-printed forms and tell the buyer to take the forms into the dealership to finalize the transaction...and that's typically when the wheels would fall off the bus.
Everything you said is probably spot on, and I agree with all of the points you bring up. Just looking for confirmation from someone who has taken this process through to the end.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Everyone asserting that F150Lā€™s will drop in price and not continue to have secondary premiums is applying rough conjecture. Possibly poor conjecture.

There will not be many F150Lā€™s made before the new BEV-platform truck releasing in ~2025. And that vehicle will not be an F150L.

Seems to me the biggest determinant of whether F150L retains or loses a secondary premium is a combination of (1) how the reveal and especially production of the new BEV-platform truck is received, crossed with (2) available alternatives (on a rolling basis).

But both (1) and (2) are future events, uncertain in outcome. And neither are likely to change materially until ~2024 (if/when more BEV truck alternatives reach market and Ford gives glimpses of the new truck).

For now, itā€™s just as reasonable to believe that for the foreseeable future (into 2024) brand new F150Lā€™s will continue to be delivered at a pace well below demand, continuing conditions for secondary premium.

So it seems at least a little unfounded (or a lot wishful) to tell someone ā€œjust a wait a little and you can pick up a new F150L at MSRP no problem.ā€

Used, however, may be another matterā€¦

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER

Sponsored

olliegator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER Antimatter Blue (wave 3, 7.18 build)
Yes, I did. Took four hours at the dealership with the GM and Sales Manager. I showed they had ample opportunity to add ADM - thereā€™s a freaking line item in the purchase summary, for Peteā€™s sake - and that I ā€œcompleted my purchaseā€ online.

I had to hold the line - and they kept reducing the ADM, complaining all the way. Finally got them to agree. The only concession that I gave in on was to purchase a Extended Warranty from them (which I was planing to do anyway).

Reactions: GDN

olliegator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Oh, and I was ready to cost them way more than the $30k they were trying to screw me over for. I would have picketed, called the TV station, all of it. They would have hated life.
Huh? So the process didnā€™t work? They still tried to add ADM on top?

So whatā€™s the point of it anyway then?

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No, it worked. I just was prepared if it didnā€™t.
I might be confusing something then.

you said
Took four hours at the dealership with the GM and Sales Manager. I showed they had ample opportunity to add ADM - thereā€™s a freaking line item in the purchase summary, for Peteā€™s sake - and that I ā€œcompleted my purchaseā€ online.

I had to hold the line - and they kept reducing the ADM, complaining all the way
why would it take that long and why would you have to ā€œhold the lineā€ if everything was done online? The dealer would be where you just goto pickup and no other shenanigans can be done on top.

Sponsored

olliegator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I might be confusing something then.

you said

why would it take that long and why would you have to ā€œhold the lineā€ if everything was done online? The dealer would be where you just goto pickup.
Sorry - yes, they tried to add $30k ADM after ā€œcompleting my purchaseā€ via Ford.com online. Said I ā€œofferedā€ to pay $30k more than the MSRP a on the order form.

Thatā€™s where I needed to ā€œhold the lineā€ and shove it back in their face that I had completed my purchase at $81,304.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry - yes, they tried to add $30k ADM after ā€œcompleting my purchaseā€ via Ford.com online. Said I ā€œofferedā€ to pay $30k more than the MSRP a on the order form.

Thatā€™s where I needed to ā€œhold the lineā€ and shove it back in their face that I had completed my purchase at $81,304.
thatā€™s just fucked.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
No, it worked. I just was prepared if it didnā€™t.
You do know that those prices for the Extended Warranty are grossly marked up and the prices are negotiable. When I just recently added it to my used F-150 I negotiated them down $1k from what they originally asked for.

I sincerely mean no offense, but it seems they just got you in a different way. They know they are getting their marked up profit later.

olliegator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You do know that those prices for the Extended Warranty are grossly marked up and the prices are negotiable. When I just recently added it to my used F-150 I negotiated them down $1k from what they originally asked for.

I sincerely mean no offense, but it seems they just got you in a different way. They know they are getting their marked up profit later.
I had Grangerā€™s email open and negotiated based on that price. Ended up paying $100 more than their price.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...our-ford-extended-warranty-grangerford.10265/

(Highly recommend going with Granger Ford, however. Only reason I did it this was is to make some ā€œconcessionā€)
Sponsored