First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Interestingly 90 days after vehicle delivery I got an Official Ford Survey, about my likes & dislikes of the truck, free form text box, that you can fill to your hearts content.

My like was the electric drive
My dislike was the sporadic logging of charge and drive events, I'm a data guy and this platform performance be it the app or datastore is unacceptable, would not pass FISMA certification!
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
For #20 - I HIGHLY recommend a portable squeegee from Amazon or similar. You can get them for under $10. The one I have as a built in squirter for washer fluid and then the normal squeegee end to clean your windshield. They work great and are key for a good road trip.
[saracasm font] Wait, wut? They make squeegees you can buy? They aren't only at gas stations? OMG, I wish I had known this. [/sarcasm font]

It's quite amazing the things that people have to gripe about.

It's also interesting how you can find any feature in a car/truck/device, think it's great/lousy, and easily find someone with a totally opposite opinion. #FirstWorldProblems

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I would love a button on the home screen to turn on the 360 camera.

After starting in a parking garage, the system does not allow me to change the channel on Sirius from the steering wheel.

Would have preferred a dial instead of a shifter.

Lowered, please.

Stereo is lacking. Not bad, but even my Explorer is better.

The overhead controls are difficult (impossible) to read at the angle that they are installed.

Recording for cameras.
A one button for 360 Degree would be nice, but needing two key depressions isn’t bad.

I agree the shifter is a waste. Dial would make more sense. I don’t know what they were thinking (as it’s currently just point-of-failure.)

My stereo is amazing. Must be a different option.

And Overhead Controls ARE IMPOSSIBLE to read.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
While I don't have my truck yet (in transit), I already have one gripe from my short time in the mannequin: the vestigial shifter. As others have said, waste of real estate, totally unnecessary, wish it wasn't there. Simple knob on the dash would be fine.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Just adding another point of view. I am comfortable with the reduction of physical knobs. I am also comfortable that not everything has an "app button" on the home screen. After some practice, I have become comfortable using the "Hello Ford" verbal commands.

Sponsored

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
While I don't have my truck yet (in transit), I already have one gripe from my short time in the mannequin: the vestigial shifter. As others have said, waste of real estate, totally unnecessary, wish it wasn't there. Simple knob on the dash would be fine.
I've had my truck for two months- the shifter is definitely a leftover remnant from other trucks- it makes no sense at all- I never fold it down as I've heard there are problems with that- a simple rotary knob or even the little stalk from the steering wheel like the Ioniq 5 has would be fine. Also on the Ioniq 5 I just press the power button to turn it OFF- no need to move the shifter- once it's off it is in Park.
These are minor things- mostly the truck is great and very similar to my 2026 F150 except much quicker and quieter.

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Why is it useless?
All wireless car chargers are useless (not just the Lightning’s). If you have a case substantial enough to provide any protection for your $1000 phone, it won’t wireless charge in the case.

ninjaybot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat
worst part of the truck by far is the front suspension. Way too soft and mushy. Bottoms out very easy and bounces around. Can’t wait for a replacement from fox or king.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
And Overhead Controls ARE IMPOSSIBLE to read.
I wear progressive eyeglasses and had my neck bent so far back trying to see/read the controls that I felt like a PEZ dispenser.

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
I've had my truck for two months- the shifter is definitely a leftover remnant from other trucks- it makes no sense at all- I never fold it down as I've heard there are problems with that- a simple rotary knob or even the little stalk from the steering wheel like the Ioniq 5 has would be fine. Also on the Ioniq 5 I just press the power button to turn it OFF- no need to move the shifter- once it's off it is in Park.
These are minor things- mostly the truck is great and very similar to my 2026 F150 except much quicker and quieter.
You can just hit the power button and turn the truck off. Shifter moves itself to park.

Meccanica

Threads
Reaction score
Website
sdturo.com
Vehicles
Lightning, Model S Plaid, 3 & Y, e-Golf
Occupation
Consultant
I have a Lariat Extended Range

1. The software is terrible. Menu's, features, lag, mobile app.
2. Wireless phone charger
3. Charging curve above 80% (with a pack this large, it should fall off much more gradually
4. Frunk and tailgate open/close so slow and that beeping
5. Stereo in the Lariat sucks. I should have gotten Platinum
6. No towing accessories available still (wireless cam, yaw sensor, TPMS) to enable the smart towing features
7. Still don't have PaaK

That's my list. Love the ride, comfort, hotspot, range, and features.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I have a Lariat Extended Range

1. The software is terrible. Menu's, features, lag, mobile app.
2. Wireless phone charger
3. Charging curve above 80% (with a pack this large, it should fall off much more gradually
4. Frunk and tailgate open/close so slow and that beeping
5. Stereo in the Lariat sucks. I should have gotten Platinum
6. No towing accessories available still (wireless cam, yaw sensor, TPMS) to enable the smart towing features
7. Still don't have PaaK

That's my list. Love the ride, comfort, hotspot, range, and features.
I had the UnLeashed system in my 2021 Lariat. While better than the 8 speaker system in the Lightning, it isn't worth the price of going Platinum.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
All wireless car chargers are useless (not just the Lightning’s). If you have a case substantial enough to provide any protection for your $1000 phone, it won’t wireless charge in the case.
My girlfriend has a Tesla Model Y and the damn wireless charger doesn't even work with the new iPhone 14 Pro Max.. and when it did work with the older phone it was so slow it might as well not have been there. I agree with you on this. Wireless charging is just a buzz thing. (And also very cheap to implement)
Sponsored