Sponsored

Anybody else notice the slight "Click" when starting off either in forward or reverse?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
There is a TSB coming and implore you all to wait for it or you will most likely be making multiple dealer visits
Sponsored

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
There is a TSB coming and implore you all to wait for it or you will most likely be making multiple dealer visits
I will definitely wait, I just meant if parts are being replaced, I’d like to be in the first go round before they run out of the initial batch. I just learned a lot from the MME recalls.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I will definitely wait, I just meant if parts are being replaced, I’d like to be in the first go round before they run out of the initial batch. I just learned a lot from the MME recalls.
Ahh...the voice of experience! (y)

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I’m getting the clicking noise as well. Have only had the truck for about a week now. I don’t t think it’s normal. My tesla made a difference type of clicking noise which the service center had to tighten something to stop the clicking sound.

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I agree it’s not normal. It’s obviously loud and startles people when approach and leave stop signs. It’s a little embarrassing.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I’m getting the clicking noise as well. Have only had the truck for about a week now. I don’t t think it’s normal. My tesla made a difference type of clicking noise which the service center had to tighten something to stop the clicking sound.
Hi there! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have with your Lightning Truck. If you can send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'd be happy to look into things on my end.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Hi there! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have with your Lightning Truck. If you can send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'd be happy to look into things on my end.
Stop sending people to the dealer for this until the TSB is out!

Who764

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I also have the "clicking" sound in the front left wheel well. I took it to the dealer and while they did not fix the clicking, they said they had to replace the front left CV joint (I had not noticed anything in particular that would have indicated a CV joint issue). Hopefully a TSB comes out for the clicking. I also have experiences the slack in the drive train (I never noticed anything like this in my 2015 Model S). I understand there are a certain amount of issues to be expected with a new vehicle model and as long as these aren't safety concerns, I'm willing to let them play out. However, it is a little frustrating since these all seem to be a relatively widespread issues and the dealership has no idea about it.

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I’ve already provided my VIN and other info already via PM for other issues. The clicking can be added on to the list.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I also have the "clicking" sound in the front left wheel well. I took it to the dealer and while they did not fix the clicking, they said they had to replace the front left CV joint (I had not noticed anything in particular that would have indicated a CV joint issue). Hopefully a TSB comes out for the clicking. I also have experiences the slack in the drive train (I never noticed anything like this in my 2015 Model S). I understand there are a certain amount of issues to be expected with a new vehicle model and as long as these aren't safety concerns, I'm willing to let them play out. However, it is a little frustrating since these all seem to be a relatively widespread issues and the dealership has no idea about it.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

MuradS

First Name
Murad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Update- I had a really loud clicking noise when I first got the truck and even started a sperate thread on this forum "Electric motor clicking sound" I turned off auto hold and the noise decreased, however, after some time using the truck 500+ miles the noise is completely gone, I have not heard the clicking sound in a while now. Any ideas why?

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Stop sending people to the dealer for this until the TSB is out!
TSBs are built on experience seeing the problem in the field, and it being widespread enough to justify the TSB. If Ford is sending folks to see their dealer, then maybe they are trying to gather data.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TSB 22-2395 has arrived.

"Ting, Pop Or Clicking Noise From The Front Or Rear Wheel Hub When Accelerating Or Applying
Brakes (Torque Reversals)
"

Now you've got something to discuss with your service advisor!

Enjoy!

Mike

Attachments

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
“Anti-ting” ….it’s technical. A bit higher pitched than “Anti-sprong”, but not as high as “Anti-eeeek”.
Sponsored