Sponsored

MY23 Chip Hold Waiting Room

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
would love to know how it is possible after being delayed over and over throughout the year that my truck is still not built with a blend date of 11/07. Care to explain @Ford Motor Company ?
Same boat as you. Super frustrating seeing others build and ship even when their blend is after.. I intentionally didn't pick extra accessories and bed liner to try to make it.. the process is frustrating to say the least..
Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
Same boat as you. Super frustrating seeing others build and ship even when their blend is after.. I intentionally didn't pick extra accessories and bed liner to try to make it.. the process is frustrating to say the least..
It's honestly pathetic, and the fact they are still saying its because of covid. Covid is the scapegoat for companies being ran into the ground.

matt.sillz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Mach-e
Occupation
Marketing/Advertising
I have a spray in bed liner too.

matt.sillz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Mach-e
Occupation
Marketing/Advertising
It's honestly pathetic, and the fact they are still saying its because of covid. Covid is the scapegoat for companies being ran into the ground.
i know - it doesn’t make sense. I was sure I would be stuck till late Dec orJanuary.

Egray

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F-150
would love to know how it is possible after being delayed over and over throughout the year that my truck is still not built with a blend date of 11/07. Care to explain @Ford Motor Company ?
I had a blend date of 11/4 for a Lariat ER and share your frustration. I am still showing "in production". It is not showing as built. I have been told it is on chip hold. I have been told it has been delivered to the carrier but there is a rail car delay/shortage. No one seems to be willing or able to say exactly why later produced Lariat ERs are being shipped while ours are just sitting.

Sponsored

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had a blend date of 11/4 for a Lariat ER and share your frustration. I am still showing "in production". It is not showing as built. I have been told it is on chip hold. I have been told it has been delivered to the carrier but there is a rail car delay/shortage. No one seems to be willing or able to say exactly why later produced Lariat ERs are being shipped while ours are just sitting.
Who told u it was delivered to the carrier, the dealer or customer service?

This really seems like a bug or lack of update in the Ford tracking system.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
I have a good feeling this week will show as much progress as last week, several trucks marked built, and more to come!

Ford F-150 Lightning MY23 Chip Hold Waiting Room 1670167878790

PS you can view select MY23 build on My Version of the tracker, on the Orders 2023 tab
Ford F-150 Lightning MY23 Chip Hold Waiting Room 1670167955162

OP
OP

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I hope so, I'm tired of being on chip hold. Definitely irritating seeing later build weeks getting built before those from last month

Egray

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F-150
Who told u it was delivered to the carrier, the dealer or customer service?

This really seems like a bug or lack of update in the Ford tracking system.
It was the Ford Regional manager in an email to my dealer after I asked the dealer to contact the Regional manager.

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
My question as well. I’m calling my lawyer if this truck doesn’t arrive by the end of the year.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
When my 23 Pro was delivered to my dealer last week there was a 22 Lariat on the same truck. o_O

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
When my 23 Pro was delivered to my dealer last week there was a 22 Lariat on the same truck. o_O
Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of with mine that's been on chip hold now for a month. Seen some reports on these forums and elsewhere getting ship notices or finally taking delivery after having production/blend dates back in august or September. My own dealership sold their platinum mannequin a little over a week ago and replaced it with a customer ordered Lariat that the customer walked away from after it being on hold forever -- blend date September 18!. It has to finish the terms of their original mannequin so they can't sell it until February. They asked if I would be interested in it if my '23 doesn't arrive by then! It's unsettling that's a real possibility. I passed on signing up for this new mannequin as I don't want to wait until February and it doesn't have the max tow package.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
FWIW, my 11/07 build week Lariat ER had a blend date of 11/10 and showed chip hold as of 11/14. It changed to built status on 12/9, tracker started showing that on 12/10. No shipping notice or ETA yet.

OP
OP

tblches

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
11/06 blend, still stuck in this chip hold purgatory. It sucks it's not going to be here before the new year. Even more ridiculous since I ordered it back in January.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I'm pulling up a chair in this waiting room. From what I've read, some of these chip holds are very short... some, just a couple days. I spoke with a Ford rep today and she said that as far as the chip hold, it will be from Jan-24th to Jan 30th. She wasn't sure if that window was for delivery or for chip installation.
Sponsored