Sponsored

Broken rear tail light (my fault) - instructions on how to move BIS sensor to new tail light

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
So I’m an idiot and backed into my garbage can against my garage and it shattered my tail light.
Ford F-150 Lightning Broken rear tail light (my fault) - instructions on how to move BIS sensor to new tail light 8CA9CF52-66B9-46E9-A22D-28170FDDF4E3

I looked up the part of parts.ford.com and it shows 13404 as the part number, but wasn’t sure if that was the same as the ICE F-150 (I suspect not). Either way it’s on back order from the dealer, so was hoping to find the full part number and search around for equivalents. Anyone know how to find the full part number for it?

Update:
I have replaced the tail light, and I document how to move the BIS system in this post.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
OP
OP
ericpullen

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The diagram in this one looks like the ICE version, but I may be wrong. I will go to the dealer tomorrow to get the correct part number (and possibly put one on order). I wish it would be easier to get the full part number from parts.ford.com, but I guess they don't want you shopping around.

In case anyone wants to see ho much of an idiot I am, here is the video from my security cameras, complete with crunching sound!

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Huh..... Doesn't that Platinum have a 360 camera or was a deleted option by Ford? Joke aside your stuck paying Fords crazy prices

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
The diagram in this one looks like the ICE version, but I may be wrong. I will go to the dealer tomorrow to get the correct part number (and possibly put one on order). I wish it would be easier to get the full part number from parts.ford.com, but I guess they don't want you shopping around.

In case anyone wants to see ho much of an idiot I am, here is the video from my security cameras, complete with crunching sound!
If that is the only time you think you are an idiot, consider your self lucky. You get extra points if you also damaged the garage siding.

Were the rear back up sensors screaming at you as you neared the trash bins?

OP
OP
ericpullen

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP
ericpullen

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If that is the only time you think you are an idiot, consider your self lucky. You get extra points if you also damaged the garage siding.

Were the rear back up sensors screaming at you as you neared the trash bins?
I thought I hit the brake as soon as they started beeping but it was still too late. I think it may have just been in an odd spot when I was cutting the wheel backing up. Not sure really.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I turned the wheel too soon backing out of my garage and dented the panel of my Audi badly above the driver tire. I literally backed out of the same spot 2,000 times and never had an issue, one day I just went dumb and forgot how to do it.

The key is no one was hurt! That's what I told myself repeatedly after my mess up...

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

What a moron. The only thing stupider than that would be rolling your minivan off ramps with the door open instead of starting it, and hitting the brake just as the front door hit the garage door support and shattered the window and bent the door. Now that, that's a real moron...

Ford F-150 Lightning Broken rear tail light (my fault) - instructions on how to move BIS sensor to new tail light ple-sell-mirrors-reflections-67-5ab4d2ef878dc__605

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Question - did you have reverse brake assist enabled?

OP
OP
ericpullen

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Question - did you have reverse brake assist enabled?
Yes I did, and it has stopped me while backing into my garage a few times.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder