First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
Hey everyone, I haven't seen many posts about using the on board scale function. I had an opportunity to use the scales with a load of cinder block. I believe I had 30 of the block with cutout and 18 of the full block.
Ford F-150 Lightning On board scales IMG_4825

Ford F-150 Lightning On board scales IMG_4826

I removed the top pallet and this is what the scale showed:

Ford F-150 Lightning On board scales IMG_4827

Myself, my 55pound dog and misc carp was probably 250-275 pounds added to the cab. The truck handled great even with the full load.
Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
That's a really nice feature and it's too bad that those of us who wanted that feature, will not have that feature.

I wonder is there a way in the future when supplies are replenished that we could have this feature added or activated? I'm sure that it will be next to impossible without shelling out thousands. Ford really disappointed me with this issue. 😑

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
That's a really nice feature and it's too bad that those of us who wanted that feature, will not have that feature.

I wonder is there a way in the future when supplies are replenished that we could have this feature added or activated? I'm sure that it will be next to impossible without shelling out thousands. Ford really disappointed me with this issue. 😑

I thought it is a reasonable cost of getting my truck in 22 but that may not happen either.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry to hear that.

When was your truck built?
Not built yet. Best scenario case is it will be built tomorrow but it could be later.

Edit: If they added the third shift a little earlier, I would have a better chance.

Sponsored

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Not built yet. Best scenario case is it will be built tomorrow but it could be later.

Edit: If they added the third shift a little earlier, I would have a better chance.

Wow... a real nail biter! 😬

What is/was your scheduled build week?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wow... a real nail biter! 😬

What is/was your scheduled build week?
12/05. Many of my build week buddies have estimates mostly in 22 but I am at the end of the line with blend date of 12/11 (in my signature) so it is a long shot for me but still possible. Even if Ford does OK, my dealer need to play ball too for it to happen in 22. At this point, I am not holding my breath but watching closely.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
12/05. Many of my build week buddies have estimates mostly in 22 but I am at the end of the line with blend date of 12/11 (in my signature) so it is a long shot for me but still possible. Even if Ford does OK, my dealer need to play ball too for it to happen in 22. At this point, I am not holding my breath but watching closely.
I’m in the same boat. My blend was 12/10. I think the biggest hurdle will be transport. I’m a lot closer to Dearborn than you, so I’m hoping mine doesn’t need to go by rail, which I presume yours will?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m in the same boat. My blend was 12/10. I think the biggest hurdle will be transport. I’m a lot closer to Dearborn than you, so I’m hoping mine doesn’t need to go by rail, which I presume yours will?
My sticker says convoy but people say that does not mean anything. There have been people in Maryland with fast deliveries but near Holidays a whole lot of people need to not have a life for this to work.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I found the scales to be extremely accurate.
Accurate how? May be missing something. Is there a figure that is actual weight or just the bar graph as shown above? Literally the cinder block was the first time I used that feature. My impression is that it is a cool enough little gizmo but if it is just the bar graph shown - it is much like just looking at the distance your bed sags toward your tires. Now the heated steering wheel is something to get upset about losing!

steve

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Accurate how? May be missing something. Is there a figure that is actual weight or just the bar graph as shown above? Literally the cinder block was the first time I used that feature. My impression is that it is a cool enough little gizmo but if it is just the bar graph shown - it is much like just looking at the distance your bed sags toward your tires. Now the heated steering wheel is something to get upset about losing!

steve
I posted this before but a quick rehash.
I loaded 30 fifty pound bags of gravel on a wood pallet into the truck. I got in the truck to drive home and scales showed 1725 lbs total. The extra 225 would be me and the pallet.
My one time observation is that the scales are highly accurate.

OP
OP

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I posted this before but a quick rehash.
I loaded 30 fifty pound bags of gravel on a wood pallet into the truck. I got in the truck to drive home and scales showed 1725 lbs total. The extra 225 would be me and the pallet.
My one time observation is that the scales are highly accurate.
Where do you see the weight as a number? I only see the bar graph.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Where do you see the weight as a number? I only see the bar graph.
Try hitting the drop down menu where it says vehicle, and select scale. It's in the manual...
Sponsored