Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Yep my update reset the GOM and blew threw my Charge limit and went to 100% last night
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Confirmed. My GOM said 321 miles this morning after the update (and inadvertently charging to 100%). This update is clearly about appeasing uninformed customers and reducing workload on the EV customer service team at the expense of accuracy of the GOM. This is what happens when you don’t set customer expectations properly. I’m not sure i blame Ford here, every automaker is playing the same game. It’s absurd that EPA hasn’t forced them to publish cold weather range numbers on the EPA sticker.
No. Blame Ford. They are intentionally deceiving the consumer to not have to explain the hard truth to people. Next complaint will be that "My Lightning GOM is wrong because I can't go as far as it says".

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Mine is stuck on step 2 of 3. I've tried doing it manually, and automatically. Up to this point, I've had no issues getting the OTAs.

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
Mine updated last night also blowing through the 80% charge limit, charging to 100%.

Range says 324. If this doesn't adjust to a realistic number after driving a while I'm not going to be happy:mad:

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Mine updated last night also blowing through the 80% charge limit, charging to 100%.

Range says 324. If this doesn't adjust to a realistic number after driving a while I'm not going to be happy:mad:
Mine hasn't adjusted in a month and I don't ever expect it to unless another update is pushed.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
100% charges are normal on the night of/after updates.
Simply because Ford can't deliver an update without writing over settings. It's poor management and roll out of code. I don't care if there is "hidden capacity" in the battery, if I'm set to 90%, there is no need for a SW update to overwrite or change that.

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Has anyone ruled out that this doesn’t just reset your GOM calibration and charge to 100% as part of changing the GOM algorithm? Like even before the update, if you parked the car and reset driving history it takes you to nearly 320 miles. I would assume after a few drives it goes back to giving you a more realistic estimate

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Has anyone ruled out that this doesn’t just reset your GOM calibration and charge to 100% as part of changing the GOM algorithm? Like even before the update, if you parked the car and reset driving history it takes you to nearly 320 miles. I would assume after a few drives it goes back to giving you a more realistic estimate
I think you've nailed it and I truly think this is all it does.

I recived this update before my 400 miles at Christmas. My trip each way was cold down in the 20 degree range and I averaged 1.3 mi/kW which was MUCH lower than I'd hoped for, but that is a different subject.

To say the least when I plugged in at a DCFC and watched the charging the miles were increasing and correctly calculating my distance based on the 1.3 mi/kW - it was showing me real life and I knew how far that charge would get me based on current history.

As soon as I unplugged the charger and got back it the truck it wanted to act like it was new from the factory and give me a totally unrealistic calculation and DTE that I knew I'd never make.

So this story has gone back and forth quite a bit. When the Lightning first started hitting the street everyone said Ford would calculate real world and give us that. So I guess maybe they did, but everyone bitched about how bad the mi/kW hours are so now they've given us an update that gives you no real world information by resetting the DTE to what they advertise on the sticker at each full charge and you are SOL for knowing how much that charge will get you until you start driving to let the truck give you real world numbers.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I think you've nailed it and I truly think this is all it does.

I recived this update before my 400 miles at Christmas. My trip each way was cold down in the 20 degree range and I averaged 1.3 mi/kW which was MUCH lower than I'd hoped for, but that is a different subject.

To say the least when I plugged in at a DCFC and watched the charging the miles were increasing and correctly calculating my distance based on the 1.3 mi/kW - it was showing me real life and I knew how far that charge would get me based on current history.

As soon as I unplugged the charger and got back it the truck it wanted to act like it was new from the factory and give me a totally unrealistic calculation and DTE that I knew I'd never make.

So this story has gone back and forth quite a bit. When the Lightning first started hitting the street everyone said Ford would calculate real world and give us that. So I guess maybe they did, but everyone bitched about how bad the mi/kW hours are so now they've given us an update that gives you no real world information by resetting the DTE to what they advertise on the sticker at each full charge and you are SOL for knowing how much that charge will get you until you start driving to let the truck give you real world numbers.
So what you’re saying is the next “viral” Lightning review will say “Ford is lying about Lightnings Range, traded it in for a Hummer”

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
I would assume after a few drives it goes back to giving you a more realistic estimate
You would assume wrong. After a month, I am still consistently getting a GOM of 285 miles at 90% charge. After my normal everyday commute of 100 miles, I end up with a GOM of around 80 to 90 miles. 195 was my GOM at 90% before the update. Spot on when you take into account my Mi/Kwh.
Sponsored