Up-to-Date Revisions of Order Guide?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
2023 Base price $63,474, ER $12,500, 312A $5,000, Paint, Bedliner, box cover, etc brings options to $21,365, Delivery fee $1,895, Dealer markup $8,673 (10%) for a total of $95,404.
Paying more for that XLT than a Lariat. I'd go to a different dealer

azypather

First Name
Azy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Merc GLe 350, 2018 VW Golf SE, 2023 F150 - L
Occupation
IT Consultant
Paying more for that XLT than a Lariat. I'd go to a different dealer
Well, this is the 2023 XLT with the new pricing. I got the 2022 SR Lariat from the same dealer for $77k. I looked around...did not see one cheaper, except used but even then, not less than $73k.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Well, this is the 2023 XLT with the new pricing. I got the 2022 SR Lariat from the same dealer for $77k. I looked around...did not see one cheaper, except used but even then, not less than $73k.
Your XLT with new pricing is not the problem. By paying the extra markup you're paying for a Lariat. I'd find another dealer.

azypather

First Name
Azy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
Your XLT with new pricing is not the problem. By paying the extra markup you're paying for a Lariat. I'd find another dealer.
Where I live, there aren't too many dealers. The Pensacola dealership had their first Platinum Lightning listed at $196k (used so as to not fall foul of Ford's rules) Based on what I've seen out there, all dealers are marking up over MSRP. I'd love to know if anyone on this forum was able to actually buy their Lightnings at MSRP or less??

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Where I live, there aren't too many dealers. The Pensacola dealership had their first Platinum Lightning listed at $196k (used so as to not fall foul of Ford's rules) Based on what I've seen out there, all dealers are marking up over MSRP. I'd love to know if anyone on this forum was able to actually buy their Lightnings at MSRP or less??
I got mine for less than MSRP, but I qualify for A-plan.

If I was in your situation, I'd place an order with Granger Ford. Fly in to pick it up and drive it home. Then I would proceed to be an ass and do doughnuts in my new Lightning in your current dealers parking lot with my middle finger sticking out of the driver's window.

But that's me.

azypather

First Name
Azy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Consultant
LOL, I do like the idea of giving them the finger...but it's done. Lucky you to have gotten a great deal. I hope you are not alone. At the end of the day, based on the prices I've seen, I don't think I got the worst deal in the world...and boy do I love that truck! It's my very first pickup, and what a blast!

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
So the Feb 1 version is now showing that BlueCruise 1.0 and PAAK are required removal options for 511A?! This is new. Same for Platinum. Basically shows required removals are CHMSL Camera, PAAK, BC 1.0, Security Pack, Heated SW, Scales and smart hitch.
On tonight's live stream Tim mentioned that while those removal options are there he is not seeing it being added to any vehicle. Says that is likely an option they can have available if needed. Hopefully not needed.

Also said starting with February 6th builds the heated steering wheel is back in production and not being deleted.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
$1000 below MSRP at Granger Ford in Granger, Iowa -- outskirts of Des Moines. $45 ($90 because the wife went with me) flight from Denver to Des Moines, they picked us up at the airport. Drove the truck 700 miles back. But there are others... I didn't have to go out of state to get MSRP. I'm a repeat customer at Granger. Many dealerships are selling at MSRP if you place your order with them -- there's a big list in a thread about this on these forums. If you want to walk in and buy a truck off the lot, whether it's a rare inventory lightning (mostly Lariat SR) or an order a customer abandoned, then most were charging a premium. That seemed to calm down there for a bit, but the premiums are coming back lately as Ford continues to remove features.

Who knows what today's news will mean for all this with Ford stopping production to iron out the possible battery issue...

There's a lot of dealerships out there, make them compete for your business. You know, that's the whole point of this dealership model... To protect the customer and offer them the best value. At least that's what dealerships like to tell people as they lobby for more legal protections than just about any other industry.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Also said starting with February 6th builds the heated steering wheel is back in production and not being deleted.
My local dealership who's been trying to get me the factory power-deploy running boards said the heated steering wheel module, for trucks built without it, should be added to parts inventory soon. They're expecting an availability notice and probably a service bulletin regarding this in the next few weeks (3 to 5, they guess). No word on cost.

EDIT> These guys are usually spot-on on their info. Or have been so far. Huge parts and accessories department... But I'm going to say to have your grains of salt handy because I haven't seen anyone else report this yet.
Sponsored

Last edited: