First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum 06 Magnum SRT8 23 Ocean One
Occupation
Consultant
According to dealer paperwork just sent to me, my truck was put in Ramp 51 for "shipping" on 4/21. It has not shipped in last 10 days and the ETA is 5/21 to 5/27.

That seems highly illogical to me unless there is something that is preventing shipping like chip issue (Platinum).

Any thoughts.
Sponsored

Tazzy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Retired
i have the same basic info on ramp 57 as of 4/20 Ford site shows built. Received an email from Ford today saying it Is complete and is getting final inspection to get ready for shipment. Site showing eta of 1st week of June.

who knows? Lariat ER

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just waiting to be assigned a train car and run to the south east.....

Bugs

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning
Occupation
Technology
Totally different time (2022) but the timeline of getting mine last year. Based on the emails that Ford sent me.

Build- 6/22
Shipped- 7/22
Arrived (TN)- 8/9

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Toyota Sienna, Future 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
You're not the only one! I'm in the Southeast as well and wonder if it is a traini routing issue specific to our region.

Mine was built on January 15th and still has not moved to Shipped status--so 100+ days at this point.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
According to dealer paperwork just sent to me, my truck was put in Ramp 51 for "shipping" on 4/21. It has not shipped in last 10 days and the ETA is 5/21 to 5/27.

That seems highly illogical to me unless there is something that is preventing shipping like chip issue (Platinum).

Any thoughts.
So in the meantime I found a 22 Platinum Demo with NO deletes with 800 miles on it and if everything goes well today I should be driving it late next week.

PeterL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (reservation)
Mine shipped 4/8--almost a month ago--and has not yet arrived at the dealer.

I think you could walk from Michigan to Iowa in less time.

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
It would be cool if they could offer factory “pickup”. Not comparing to just the direct model sales only; but the Dodge Viper offered this for their high-end custom orders.

Does “big” Ford own any dealerships you can purchase through in Deerborn MI?

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
So in the meantime I found a 22 Platinum Demo with NO deletes with 800 miles on it and if everything goes well today I should be driving it late next week.
Working on finalizing paperwork today and making security deposit. Becasue its out of state will take a week or so get physical delivery becasue title and tags need to be obtained and transport set up.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Does “big” Ford own any dealerships you can purchase through in Deerborn MI?
No but the local independent dealers are often asked to facilitate delivery, but you need to iron those details out during the order origination phase and get it locked down before the window sticker is generated, once that's done the production and transport plan is locked in place for that order.

Sponsored

ullearn

First Name
Ullearn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Viper / Tesla
I do wonder how the batteries handle the 3-4 months of stagnation and zero cycles; assuming Ford plans for that ahead of time in QA testing so they don’t end up with dead cells.

anyone know?

OP
OP

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Working on finalizing paperwork today and making security deposit. Because its out of state will take a week or so get physical delivery because title and tags need to be obtained and transport set up.
Monday morning I'm wiring full payment to dealer. I will have a 22 Platinum with 800 miles, no deletes, all taxes and title fees, shipped to me. Thanks to Keith at IRA Ford for his, and all their staff's, help in getting this done. My local dealer understood the situation and even agreed they would cancel the order and refund my payments.
In a real moment of irony. the day after I locked the 22 purchase with a down payment Ford sent me an email saying the Truck I ordered was built and being shipped. Had they done that 10 days earlier, which they could have, I would not be taking this different road.
To be honest I'm much happier with the "no delete" vehicle versus Fords decision to apparently to not only delete features due to chip shortage but also to eliminate any opportunity for a later dealer install. They should have not made those deletes and only provided meager credits when they did. They should have commited to have those systems activated/installed by the dealer when chips were available. I would have been happy to wait months knowing it would be done rather than being told "never". The difference in price between the two Trucks was not a big factor in my decision but it was a very nice added benefit which I used to add a 10 year Ford Warranty Plan and 6 year service plan that allows me to use any Ford Dealer.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This truck is not a forum member, but arrived at my dealer this morning.
Pretty quick from BUILT to ARRIVING 24 days

Ford F-150 Lightning Shipping time in execess of 30 days 1684424344786
Sponsored