First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Self Employeed
Can someone with a 22/23 Lightning Platinum that didn't have heated steering copy their original APIM module settings and send them to me please? Or perhaps let me know where I could get a hold of those original settings. I have replaced the heating steering stalk and activated all of the modules that require heated steering enabled yet the button won't activate. I am trying to remove/disable the heated steering setting in that module but it now won't disable it and I can't manually override the setting to disable it either. I wanted to start fresh with the original settings. my email is [email protected]...thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP

baddceo

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employeed

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Did you not save your original asbuilt file for the APIM before you made changes?

It's been a few years since I messed with FORSCAN, but I remember being able to restore my as-built to my 2018 when I returned it to stock when I sold it.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
I tried that it's not letting me manually over ride APIM 7D0-02-01 8616-5A0A-421C to 8616-4A0A-421C. That would be the disabled setting. Hoping that a re-write of the entire APIM module would work?
I think the issue is that you are trying to keep the “1C” at the end I believe. Forscan will automatically fix those last two values.

Sponsored
OP
OP

baddceo

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employeed
Did you not save your original asbuilt file for the APIM before you made changes?

It's been a few years since I messed with FORSCAN, but I remember being able to restore my as-built to my 2018 when I returned it to stock when I sold it.
I hadn't made any changes to the APIM As Built configuration prior to this effort that I am aware of so I had no reason to save it beforehand. I will see if I can return the settings back to AS Built. Thank you

OP
OP

baddceo

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employeed
I think the issue is that you are trying to keep the “1C” at the end I believe. Forscan will automatically fix those last two values.
You actually may be right here I am going to try removing those values to see what happens.

OP
OP

baddceo

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employeed
You actually may be right here I am going to try removing those values to see what happens.
It won't let me remove the 1C, says it is a bad value. If I turn the heating off in that module it changes the value to 0C so it obviously wants something there.

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
It won't let me remove the 1C, says it is a bad value. If I turn the heating off in that module it changes the value to 0C so it obviously wants something there.
You don't want to change the last two digits, just ignore them completely. Forscan will automatically adjust them to whatever they need to be. All you need to change is the xxxx-5xxx-xxxx to a xxxx-4xxx-xxxx. Just the one digit, everything else will change as it needs to.
Sponsored