• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What are some essential (and not so essential) trunk items that you like to keep in the truck at all times?

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I have a cross body tool box mounted on the bed. I cut way back compared to what I carried in my F250.

Hitch with a 2” ball. The 1-7/8” and 2-5/16” hitches and pintle hook are now in the barn and garage. Log chain is gone replaced by a 4” tow strap. A number of ratchet straps, tool box, fence pliers, roll of wire, hitch pins, and rope. I’ve got a 12v jump box, mobile charger, and an assortment of plug adaptors in the Frunk.
Sponsored

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
definitely the walking stick/monopod, and umbrellas for wife and kids! And a box that holds all that, as well as gloves and cloth shopping bags and coffee thermos, on the floor.

Also, Molle panels on back of seats, holding:
  • EMS shears, which are always useful
  • window shatterer
  • Mouth-to-mask, so I never need to do mouth-to-mouth resuscitation!
  • belt knife on each side
  • Bear Spray
  • head lamp
  • plastic store bags for trash
  • insect repellant
  • sun block spray
  • alcohol spray for hands, especially after charging
  • OBD reader
did you get the Molle panels from Built Right? I was looking at those and wondering if they fit well in the lighting? I emailed them about the dash mount for my Lariat ER and they said they are working on a dash mount that is compatible with the 15” screen and will email me when it’s released. If anyone is interested in Built Right items they sent me the early access link to their 4th of July sale and the discount code is BOOM23:https://trk.klclick1.com/ls/click?u...rbK63KIJAPXlxazvhY5xprwUesNC6StxSQb2mdg-3D-3D

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
did you get the Molle panels from Built Right? I was looking at those and wondering if they fit well in the lighting? I emailed them about the dash mount for my Lariat ER and they said they are working on a dash mount that is compatible with the 15” screen and will email me when it’s released.
just a cloth one off Amazon. If have time will send link

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
same items as a lot of you guys, med kit, multitool, flashlight etc in a box in frunk.

In addition, rifle in frunk, handgun in center console with some extra ammo and mags.

Nothing unusual here but not a lot of mention on this list.

Not every EV buyer is an East / West coast liberal :)

Sponsored

Jimbalf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I love the Dewalt 20v inflator and keep a charger for it in the frunk too.

I actually carry a 120v battery charger with boost feature for starting other cars which is more common then needing a jump myself.

One thing I carry in all vehicles is a fire extinguisher... again for other cars. Haven't seen an active car fire since!
Agreed about the Dewalt 20v inflator. I’ve rescued several folks in parking lots and use it for myself on various things. Never thought I needed one until I got it. It’ll use up a small 20v battery pretty fast, but the 5 amp-hour battery is perfect.

harlano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fiesta ST, 2023 Lighning XLT ER,2024 Maverick
Occupation
1/2 retired
Agreed about the Dewalt 20v inflator. I’ve rescued several folks in parking lots and use it for myself on various things. Never thought I needed one until I got it. It’ll use up a small 20v battery pretty fast, but the 5 amp-hour battery is perfect.
Same here about the Dewalt 20v inflator. I have one and it's the best one I've bought so far. Got one for my son to keep in his F150.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
so I'll be the only one with a back-up bottle of The Macallan?

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Winter gear, gloves, boots, rain coat, hard hat, blaze orange jacket, battery chainsaw, flares, spare flashlight, blue steel rope, machete, duct tape. repurposed a “road kit” bag & put small stuff in it, tools -etc. I’ll add a fire extinguisher. In the many years I’ve driven my route accidents are dominated by elk-deer strikes, freight truck roll overs on sharp corners (wood chips, shrimp, concrete, trees, jetty rocks), and motorcyclists on curves too.
Sponsored