Backup camera blank

thorndike

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
This afternoon, my backup camera failed leaving both the backup and surround camera views blank. I shifted in and out of park to see if that would solve the issue. No dice. I shut the truck off hoping to reset the system. Nothing happened. Is this a known issue? I've tried searching but haven't found a solution.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
This the first I’ve seen on the Lightning, but there are recalls on this issue for several Ford models and years.

My wife’s 2020 Explorer has a CSP for this issue.

The Backup Camera is mandated safety requirement so if we see more of this Ford will have to issue a recall. But regardless, it’s a warranty fix so call your dealer for repair/replacement.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Might be a loose harness connection at the back of the truck, follow the cable from the tail gate to the bed an underneath, look for the connector, un-seat and re-seat to see if that helps at all.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
You might check to see if prankster put a piece of tape over the camera.

OP
OP

thorndike

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You might check to see if prankster put a piece of tape over the camera.
Unfortunately, the car was parked at my house, and the nearest road is nearly a mile away. So no one was up here.

Sponsored
OP
OP

thorndike

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Might be a loose harness connection at the back of the truck, follow the cable from the tail gate to the bed an underneath, look for the connector, un-seat and re-seat to see if that helps at all.
I will try that tomorrow.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This afternoon, my backup camera failed leaving both the backup and surround camera views blank. I shifted in and out of park to see if that would solve the issue. No dice. I shut the truck off hoping to reset the system. Nothing happened. Is this a known issue? I've tried searching but haven't found a solution.
Hi Robert. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
Mine has been blank once or twice in the short time I owned it, but it was fine the next time I started it up. I had my truck in for the battery module replacement and they said my back camera was "glitchy" and ordered a part to replace it.

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
I put another post in but mine did not go blank but I am getting beeping and warnings. No 360 camera and no backup camera. 360 image looks like rainbow arcs are coming from the side mirrors.
Sponsored