• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

brian g

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
on order
Great question.
Yes and yes. I placed my reservation on 6/3/2021 and order on 12/16/2022. During that time, the market dynamics changed.
When I learned of Long McArthur Ford in Kansas offering $5,000 below MSRP on a Lariat during September 2023, I started making phone calls to dealerships much closer to Cincinnati. I found three willing to match that deal. I signed a purchase contract and placed a deposit with a dealership 25 miles from my home.
My original dealership kindly refunded my $100 reservation and $500 deposit. No hard feelings. I'm expecting delivery of my new order in late December or so.
I'm saving $5,000. That's worth waiting a few more months. Additionally, the money I have saved to pay for the truck is continuing to earn 5.4 percent interest in short term T-Bills. It's a win-win for me.
Is this $5000 off MSRP in addition to the $7500 Ford promotional discount on Lariats that started this month?

Sponsored

VikingAML

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Teacher
According to Ford I was given an original delivery date of 10/1-10/7. Then it was bumped back to 10/10 - 10/16 and now it has been moved back last night to 10/16 - 10/29.

I spoke to my dealer earlier in the week and he was able to locate the truck in Louisville on a rail car, and after getting the update last night, this morning he said the truck had not moved and is still in Louisville.

Is this typical? Any particular reason the truck would not be moving?
It is to be delivered to Northwest part of South Carolina.

Thanks

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
According to Ford I was given an original delivery date of 10/1-10/7. Then it was bumped back to 10/10 - 10/16 and now it has been moved back last night to 10/16 - 10/29.

I spoke to my dealer earlier in the week and he was able to locate the truck in Louisville on a rail car, and after getting the update last night, this morning he said the truck had not moved and is still in Louisville.

Is this typical? Any particular reason the truck would not be moving?
It is to be delivered to Northwest part of South Carolina.

Thanks
It's not uncommon for the string to pause for adds & deletes of rail cars at KTP (Kentucky Truck Plant)

CrazyAsianR6

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Toyota Supra | 2017 F350 Superduty 6.7L
Occupation
Social Worker / Military
Mine still says in production. No bed liner options. Anyone know without telling me to ask the dealership. How long can they hold onto my reservation on their lot before I have to pick it up after if finally gets delivered?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20231013_162740_Samsung Internet

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Mine still says in production. No bed liner options. Anyone know without telling me to ask the dealership. How long can they hold onto my reservation on their lot before I have to pick it up after if finally gets delivered?

Screenshot_20231013_162740_Samsung Internet.jpg
Dealers discretion, I think they need to allow you first opportunity to buy, but if there are other potential buyers and you take to long to make a decision or come up with funds they can sell it at some point.

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
Dealers discretion, I think they need to allow you first opportunity to buy, but if there are other potential buyers and you take to long to make a decision or come up with funds they can sell it at some point.
I concur. My expectation is that they will want to work with the customer to close the deal in a timely manner. "Timely manner" is the discretion of the dealer. They might bend over backwards to be accommodating, but they have have their limits and will eventually move on. That said, I really don't know. I'm speculating.

Sponsored

CrazyAsianR6

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Toyota Supra | 2017 F350 Superduty 6.7L
Occupation
Social Worker / Military
Reached out to my dealership. They said we can finalize all paperwork remotely and they will be willing to work with me. For them they gave the option of putting it in doors in the show room. Yes it means people will sit it in and touch it. I'm not to worried about that. No different than you buying a new vehicle and others have sat in it before you. This will keep it out of the weather for its first season since it will be in South Dakota likely experiencing its first blizzard/winterstorm for the season at that time.
Also by it being inside its better monitored and protected as its in doors and locked at night since the vehicle technically belongs to me and less liability on them if it's stolen from their lot.

That's me looking at the positive. I'm sure there are some negatives as well. Ideally if it took another full month for my truck to be built and delivered. That would be perfect.

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
Reached out to my dealership. They said we can finalize all paperwork remotely and they will be willing to work with me. For them they gave the option of putting it in doors in the show room. Yes it means people will sit it in and touch it. I'm not to worried about that. No different than you buying a new vehicle and others have sat in it before you. This will keep it out of the weather for its first season since it will be in South Dakota likely experiencing its first blizzard/winterstorm for the season at that time.
Also by it being inside its better monitored and protected as its in doors and locked at night since the vehicle technically belongs to me and less liability on them if it's stolen from their lot.

That's me looking at the positive. I'm sure there are some negatives as well. Ideally if it took another full month for my truck to be built and delivered. That would be perfect.
That sounds very reasonable to me.

Jetsfan17

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR, 2023 Mustang Mach E Premium
And I finally have my truck. Only 791 days after my initial reservation. To quote the Grateful Dead from the appropriately named song Truckin..."What a long, strange trip it's been".

Below are some pics from my tailgate at the Jets game yesterday.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 20231015_130639

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 20231015_124434

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
And I finally have my truck. Only 791 days after my initial reservation. To quote the Grateful Dead from the appropriately named song Truckin..."What a long, strange trip it's been".

Below are some pics from my tailgate at the Jets game yesterday.

20231015_130639.jpg

20231015_124434.jpg
Congrats on the Truck and what a great good luck charm for the Jets. You need to drive to all home games.

debusskans

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Late update, but mine finally arrived. I didn't track all the dates, so here are the ones I have. Took a 600-mile round trip to NM to see the eclipse. Love my new truck!!

Reservation Date: 9/27/2021

Order Submitted/Confirmed: 3/31/2022

Build Week: 8/21/2023

Blend Date: 8/24/2023

In Production: 9/2/2023

Built: 9/23/2023

Shipped: 10/2/23

Final Preparation: 10/11/2023
Sponsored