RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Ford F-150 Lightning Cargo ramps IMG_7492
I’m thinking of getting some Cargo ramps for ,for my lightning. The storable ford ones that collapse and mount on the sidewalls are very expensive so I’m looking for other options.
If you have ramps, what are you using.? What do you like about them about how much did they cost?n
Sponsored

Reactions: cal

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
IMG_7492.jpeg
I’m thinking of getting some Cargo ramps for ,for my lightning. The storable ford ones that collapse and mount on the sidewalls are very expensive so I’m looking for other options.
If you have ramps, what are you using.? What do you like about them about how much did they cost?n
I saw these last month on an ice F150. Looked very sharp and neat the way they mounted on the sidewalls. Couldn’t tell how the bolts worked though. I’m sure the didn’t drill thru the side wall. This guy also had bike cable locks on each side (no tonneau cover).

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
What are you loading? For a riding mower I use ones I made with these brackets and a couple 2x8s.

Ford F-150 Lightning Cargo ramps IMG_0748

JZinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
The ramps are not compatible with the lightning tailgate. There is a plate that mounts to the tailgate and the bolt pattern is not compatible with any F-150 that has the work surface built into the tailgate. I know this because I have the tailgate ramps that I kept from my Platinum that I traded in. I haven’t mounted them yet because I need to figure out how to attach the plate to the tailgate. The ramps are great and worked well with my Platinum.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I saw that, it looked like I’d have to cut up the work surface and potentially drill holes for that plate.

OP
OP

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
What are you loading? For a riding mower I use ones I made with these brackets and a couple 2x8s.

IMG_0748.jpeg
I actually have two of those somewhere in the garage. I might just take that route for now and add something so I can strap them to the trailer hitch to keep them more secure during use,

OP
OP

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I saw these last month on an ice F150. Looked very sharp and neat the way they mounted on the sidewalls. Couldn’t tell how the bolts worked though. I’m sure the didn’t drill thru the side wall. This guy also had bike cable locks on each side (no tonneau cover).
They use the cargo mount system with some brackets that mount on the Boxlink bases. The cable locks come with the unit and have a lock that is keyed to your truck valet key. They look nice but are pretty expensive.

OP
OP

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

Sponsored

computertreker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZLSL8D8/ I use them to load equipment into my bed. Nothing too heavy, just to push up yard equipment, snowblowers, etc. They work quite well for me. I debated going with the ramp tops and a 2x8, but the folding was a selling point for me so I could fit it in the bed easily.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
I was really intrigued by the CT rear kneeling but that got lost in the final production. I wanted a way to load a riding mower easily in a bed. I have a hill on my property but that doesn’t help when you unload. The deck hangs up on every ramp I’ve looked at. Bought a dump trailer to end all concerns.

Plus all my neighbors like me now!

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
IMG_7492.jpeg
Depends on what you need them for. I have 2 sets.

1) Aluminum ATV ramps. They’re curved, lightweight, and fold. Bought them used, seems to be the same as the ones from harbor freight. Cost me $60.

2) 10’ Foldable Wheelchair ramp. They’re heavy, a pain to carry around. Bought used cost me $100.

I use 1 for motorized things. I use 2 for stuff that needs a dolly or hand truck as it has a full floor.

IMO buy ramps used. Fraction of the cost. Medical ramps are the least portable but are a really good/cheap option as people don’t typically use those long term.

OP
OP

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
a
Depends on what you need them for. I have 2 sets.

1) Aluminum ATV ramps. They’re curved, lightweight, and fold. Bought them used, seems to be the same as the ones from harbor freight. Cost me $60.

2) 10’ Foldable Wheelchair ramp. They’re heavy, a pain to carry around. Bought used cost me $100.

I use 1 for motorized things. I use 2 for stuff that needs a dolly or hand truck as it has a full floor.

IMO buy ramps used. Fraction of the cost. Medical ramps are the least portable but are a really good/cheap option as people don’t typically use those long term.
Thats a great idea on the medical ramps and buying used.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
a

Thats a great idea on the medical ramps and buying used.
I have this one:
https://www.discountramps.com/scooter_ramp/p/WCMF-10/

I pulled the pin in the middle to allow me to adjust the width and it makes it more manageable to move and store it.

I’ve put an upright piano on it, treadmill, fridge, it’s moved a lot of stuff. The longer ramp angle makes it a breeze to get big heavy things in and out by myself. I roll the dolly on and winch it up the ramp and into the bed.
Sponsored