Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Sent you a PM
Now looking at the plug on the CCM, do I have the orientation correct? The pigtail shows wires 1, 2, 3, and 4 being plugged into where I indicated in the photo. Does that look correct?
IMG_5431.jpeg
Yea, that looks correct. Remember polarity on the CAN pins also matters.
Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT 1708128533353
Sponsored

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Remember to not preload Forscan from the last time. Select to have it rescan the modules to see the new CCM.

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
Has anyone ran into issue of the CCM still not showing up?

I have all wires OEM except the 4 needed from harness through firewall inside. Got those pinned and ran. Radar unit and harness installed. I’ve checked continuity through wires and radar unit.

Ive changed setting in IPMA module to give radar unit power. Testing it shows power indeed.

I’ve upgraded FORscan to the paid version and 2.4 beta. After all of this, CCM still does not show up.

I’ve contacted the team at FORscan. They read the debug files and said that FORscan is searching for the CCM and doesn’t believe there is an issue with the software on their end.

Any ideas?
Did you ever get this sorted?

Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
I’m so close I can taste it! But I keep getting this error.
Hopefully you'll figure it out soon 🤞. Did you get the CCM to show up on FORscan?

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully you'll figure it out soon 🤞. Did you get the CCM to show up on FORscan?
Yep! I assume i just had to clear the DTCs. I’ll mess with it tomorrow when I run to town. I calibrated it twice, first time 0 cars in front of me for like 15 miles. Decided to follow a car out of town at like 65-70mph and recalibrate it again. It went through both times, but worst case scenario I’ll check every single value again, and then recalibrate it, clear the DTCs and see what happens.

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It works! 2023 Pro ER with Max Tow. Ran wires directly from the IPMA to the CCM. Also, a water bottle wedged in the steering wheel will work instead of a hand on the wheel for any curious minds.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_5503

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
It works! 2023 Pro ER with Max Tow. Ran wires directly from the IPMA to the CCM. Also, a water bottle wedged in the steering wheel will work instead of a hand on the wheel for any curious minds.

IMG_5503.jpeg
Awesome, congratulations! Did you track the details on parts/assembly instructions and overall cost? I might be too novice to do it myself on my base (non-optioned) Pro, but I certainly am comfortable buying all the parts and paying a shop to do the grunt work :)

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

IMG_5503.jpeg
Awesome, I'm working on an easy software solution to eliminate hands on the wheel, but retain the existing OEM audio/visual assist cancellation warnings. I'll post info as soon as I figure it out.

I see you still have the old IPC firmware showing the speed limit in the bottom right. I'll be curious to know if you see any issues when you get OTA 6.8.0. Thanks to FMC we'll never know really what all changed, but I had some weird warning messages in my IPC the first few days after. They went away on their own before I could get out FORScan and look at anything or document it. You'll definitely notice the differences in your IPC graphics when it happens, report back and let us know if it was perfectly seamless.

Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro

Yes! Nice work! I'll order my parts for a summer install.
So other than the wiring, everything else worked out the same as everyone else's conversion? I'll probably keep my existing steering wheel until when (if) I do the heated steering wheel mod.
Thanks for the taking the chance and clearing the path for the rest of us!

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awesome, congratulations! Did you track the details on parts/assembly instructions and overall cost? I might be too novice to do it myself on my base (non-optioned) Pro, but I certainly am comfortable buying all the parts and paying a shop to do the grunt work :)
All the parts are listed in the initial page. With one exception. The wiring harness. You need to make your own to run from the CCM to the IPMA connector. Check if you have the wires or not by popping off the side piece of your dash. I probably have like $700ish into this build. It’s a very in depth project, but definitely can be done on your own. I’m not sure if a shop would do the work for you.

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes! Nice work! I'll order my parts for a summer install.
So other than the wiring, everything else worked out the same as everyone else's conversion? I'll probably keep my existing steering wheel until when (if) I do the heated steering wheel mod.
Thanks for the taking the chance and clearing the path for the rest of us!
It was a fun project! Everything in the forscan change list was on point. Except you have to turn on the CCM in the IPMA section before you can copypasta the IPMA into into the CCM. But before activating the CCM in the IPMA section, take a picture of that section before you make changes so you can have it to input into the CCM area (if that makes sense). I’ll be adding the steering wheel buttons when they come in but it’s set at level 3 and that’s close enough behind a vehicle if you had to take over for whatever reason.

Reactions: rio

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awesome, I'm working on an easy software solution to eliminate hands on the wheel, but retain the existing OEM audio/visual assist cancellation warnings. I'll post info as soon as I figure it out.

I see you still have the old IPC firmware showing the speed limit in the bottom right. I'll be curious to know if you see any issues when you get OTA 6.8.0. Thanks to FMC we'll never know really what all changed, but I had some weird warning messages in my IPC the first few days after. They went away on their own before I could get out FORScan and look at anything or document it. You'll definitely notice the differences in your IPC graphics when it happens, report back and let us know if it was perfectly seamless.
Great… idk if I want updates that mess with things lol. But I’m blown away that this is like a poor man’s auto pilot. It literally does all the turning through curves and everything. It’s so bizarre.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
But I’m blown away that this is like a poor man’s auto pilot. It literally does all the turning through curves and everything.
If Bluecruise could change lanes to take an exit from one freeway to another, it might be worth it. As it is, I prefer what I have in my XLT to the BC package I had in my MME.
Sponsored