Squeaky quarter panel

Pmoke

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT SR 311A
Has anyone had a panel as squeaky as this? Should I be concerned or odd this nothing to worry about? Just this one panel.

Sponsored

sfringer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Has anyone had a panel as squeaky as this? Should I be concerned or odd this nothing to worry about? Just this one panel.

I just noticed the same issue on my '23 Lariat yesterday while washing it. So I'm curious as well to other's experience.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
I have a ā€˜23 Lariat ER and not sure I ever hear the quarter panel squeeking.

I did experience a distinct ā€œclunkā€ from the front end when turning and thought it was the front suspension but it was simply the lower floor of the frunk that you can use as a divider that would shift left right/front back because there was about 1/4ā€ to 1/8ā€ of play around it.

The dear fixed for free by adding some stick-on padding to the corners and some flocked tape to the ledge that the frunk sub floor rests on and that resolved the issue.

Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After seeing this, I tried it on my truck.
Front left side, no squeak, front right side, very similar to video.
I have never heard it while driving, but I just got my truck in December, and have only driven with windows up, so far.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

driftme

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat ER
Exact same squeak from that spot. Noted it to the dealer when I picked it up because the panels are firmly pressed against each other and wearing paint away.

Bael

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT Standard Range
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

I have this exact same issue. I didn't notice it initially, but I found it when I was trying to figure out what was so squeaky when I go over bumps.

The panel gap between the light and the quarter panel is not the same on driver's and (this) passenger's side. There is a little nub of the panel that is rubbing against the plastic of the light. Also, the fit with the panel underneath it is not similar to the driver's side and makes a squeaking sound.

Was there a resolution for this?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have this exact same issue. I didn't notice it initially, but I found it when I was trying to figure out what was so squeaky when I go over bumps.

The panel gap between the light and the quarter panel is not the same on driver's and (this) passenger's side. There is a little nub of the panel that is rubbing against the plastic of the light. Also, the fit with the panel underneath it is not similar to the driver's side and makes a squeaking sound.

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Same squeak on right side as well. Found it the first time I was drying truck after a wash. Not noticing any issues caused by it, but it's there.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022āš”Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I have this same squeak, as well as one of the lower mouldings on the driver side by the rear tire. I feel like there was even another one.

I try to not notice this stuff. And the fact that the headlights sit 5+mm different in each of the front fenders.

Or the interior rattle from the sunroof. Or the door panel. Or the drivers door panel. Or the rear window. Or the beds vibration from that open baffle subwoofer.

Its cool. My dealer says thats just Ford build quality.

Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022āš”Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician

I just noticed the same issue on my '23 Lariat yesterday while washing it. So I'm curious as well to other's experience.
After seeing this, I tried it on my truck.
Front left side, no squeak, front right side, very similar to video.
I have never heard it while driving, but I just got my truck in December, and have only driven with windows up, so far.
Exact same squeak from that spot. Noted it to the dealer when I picked it up because the panels are firmly pressed against each other and wearing paint away.

Same squeak on right side as well. Found it the first time I was drying truck after a wash. Not noticing any issues caused by it, but it's there.
Any of you guys get this resolved? If so, what was the resolution?

My passenger headlight and drivers quarter panel both squeak, and I have 2 interior squeaks in the passenger a pillar and sunroof. Want to try and nail down a fix.

Thanks y'all.

Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

My passenger headlight and drivers quarter panel both squeak, and I have 2 interior squeaks in the passenger a pillar and sunroof. Want to try and nail down a fix.

Thanks y'all.
I forgot all about it...

Cvh8601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
Picking up this old thread, but Iā€™ve got the same squeak in the same spot on my 23 LER. Canā€™t hear when driving, only when washing the car!

seems like there was a batch of parts at the edge of a tolerance range.

Bael

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning XLT Standard Range
I haven't been able to get back to do the work, but I had it checked out at the dealership service center. They said it's just a panel misalignment, and that it would need to be bent into shape and reinstalled. They said the body shop (their body shop) would cover it.

I was planning on trying to get it done next week. If I'm able to, I will report back.
Sponsored