• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone need a NACS adapter?

cyclops

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Mach-E, 2023 Raptor R
I have been reading the forum for a long time, but this is first post....great content here.

I have an upcoming trip in early May, and the NACS adapter will allow me to complete the trip about 2.5 hours faster than if I didn't have it (EV's in midwest can suck). I was lucky enough to randomly be on the Ford app at the exact moment that the adapter request went live.... This allowed me to receive the adapter early.

I was contemplating ordering an A2Z adapter, but was uncomfortable with the "Not recommended by Tesla / Ford" so decided against it. Due to owning both a Lightning and a Mach-E, I am now in possession of two official adapters. Personally, knowing that there are people out there that this adapter could make a substantial difference to a road trip for them, I figured I'd earn some life karma and loan it out for a while. I realize that I could get screwed over...but hoping there is some level of trust in the community.

I am open to a more democratic solution to who gets it, but best I can think of is send me a DM and I'll weigh the options. I plan on sending it out Friday (April 12) and am hoping that it will be used soon. I think it would be great if you can use it for the road trip and send it to the next person in need (And hopefully by the time all the orders are fulfilled I can get it back).

If anyone has ideas for a good way to determine who gets the adapter, I am open to ideas.

TL;DR -- I have an extra adapter, I'll pay for shipping to get it to you with the condition that you pay for shipping to send it back / to the next person.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone need a NACS adapter? 2.PNG
Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone need a NACS adapter? 3.PNG
Sponsored

proprepper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Pro SR
Occupation
done with work!
I could borrow it... mine isn't set to be shipped till late May. I'm planning 1st spring trip from Chicago to Michigan in 2 weeks and I'd love to try out the superchargers along my way. SR pro with NORMAL tires. :crazy::beer:

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 23 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
I could borrow it... mine isn't set to be shipped till late May. I'm planning 1st spring trip from Chicago to Michigan in 2 weeks and I'd love to try out the superchargers along my way. SR pro with NORMAL tires. :crazy::beer:
Borrowing it and sending it on to the next borrower would be a cool idea. For most of us we just need it to get us through a planned roadtrip before receiving our free adapter.

Sponsored

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
How can tyou tell when yours is due to be shipped? I put in my reservation for it within hours of the link being posted but have heard nothing.

TomB985

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
What an awesome idea. Most of the people I’ve met on vehicle forums are awesome, and it’s great to see people willing to help each other out.

I bought the A2Z adapter for my current road trip, but this kind of offer would have saved me the expense. My Ford adapter hasn’t shipped yet, but I’ll probably loan it out when the time comes. I‘ve met some amazing people over the last 22 years I’ve been on vehicle forums, and some of them have turned into great friends. I’ve never been taken advantage of when I take a risk to help someone out, so I think this is a great thing.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
I’m have the free Ford one on order and also Lectron one shipping soon. I am heading on road trip next week and could borrow and pass it on. But if my Lectron one gets here in time I’d rather it go to someone else who can use it.

proprepper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Pro SR
Occupation
done with work!
How can tyou tell when yours is due to be shipped? I put in my reservation for it within hours of the link being posted but have heard nothing.
I got an email from Ford when it was ordered. Within the email is a link to check on reservation status.

Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have a June expected delivery for my adapter. I"ve been contemplating ordering the A2Z or the Lectron adapter but a little uncomfortable using an off brand on the rare chance you'd have a problem with it. I have a trip to Utah from Kansas scheduled in June so it's touch & go whether I'll have the Ford adapter in time. I think what you're doing is a great idea & would certainly be up to sending it on to someone else when done with it.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I’m have the free Ford one on order and also Lectron one shipping soon. I am heading on road trip next week and could borrow and pass it on. But if my Lectron one gets here in time I’d rather it go to someone else who can use it.
Have you received a Lectron shipping notice ?

I still keep getting canned messages - 5 weeks after ordering.

Ford F-150 Lightning Anyone need a NACS adapter? Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 6.37.46 AM

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Self
This is my first post. I just got my Lightning 2 weeks ago. I'm impressed with the generosity this community shows. Boy, I could have used the adapter last weekend! My first road trip in my lightning, a 2.:45-hour normal trip, turned into a 5.5-hour trip because of the conditions and being forced to use suboptimal chargers when there were several open Tesla chargers next to me. I watched numerous Teslas come and go, while my non-EV friendly wife was upset about the wasted time. That being said, I bought my lightning to use around town.

I ordered my adapter as soon as I purchased the truck. Thank you for the offer, and if I have a road trip pop up, I hope someone will be equally as generous!

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
Have you received a Lectron shipping notice ?

I still keep getting canned messages - 5 weeks after ordering.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 6.37.46 AM.png
Yes but I have been bugging them a ton because I experience the same canned messages. The claim it’s shipped but right now just only showing a USPS label has been created and it’s been 3 days now. Keep bugging them and you may get some traction.

If I happen to be a lucky one like others and get a mystery FedEx delivery of my Ford adapter soon I’ll just cancel the Lectron order.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
I have been reading the forum for a long time, but this is first post....great content here.

I have an upcoming trip in early May, and the NACS adapter will allow me to complete the trip about 2.5 hours faster than if I didn't have it (EV's in midwest can suck). I was lucky enough to randomly be on the Ford app at the exact moment that the adapter request went live.... This allowed me to receive the adapter early.

I was contemplating ordering an A2Z adapter, but was uncomfortable with the "Not recommended by Tesla / Ford" so decided against it. Due to owning both a Lightning and a Mach-E, I am now in possession of two official adapters. Personally, knowing that there are people out there that this adapter could make a substantial difference to a road trip for them, I figured I'd earn some life karma and loan it out for a while. I realize that I could get screwed over...but hoping there is some level of trust in the community.

I am open to a more democratic solution to who gets it, but best I can think of is send me a DM and I'll weigh the options. I plan on sending it out Friday (April 12) and am hoping that it will be used soon. I think it would be great if you can use it for the road trip and send it to the next person in need (And hopefully by the time all the orders are fulfilled I can get it back).

If anyone has ideas for a good way to determine who gets the adapter, I am open to ideas.

TL;DR -- I have an extra adapter, I'll pay for shipping to get it to you with the condition that you pay for shipping to send it back / to the next person.

2.PNG
3.PNG
I love your build. Do you have a thread that talks about the build? Very cool honor system by the way. I get my adapter in Sept.
Sponsored