Not open for further replies.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I am sorry but the added was really a reduction of info we had before and what was added should have just been added to the information we already had.

Cannot see what my tire pressure is. I have to go to the truck and turn it on. :(

The actual mileage that was on the vehicle info has been removed. I use this to populate my spreadsheet keeping track of all my charges.

I do not know what else you have removed, but to me the added features does not out way what I have lost. Please add at least the two items or let me go back to the previous version.
Tire preassure is still there. click SERVICE then Vehicle Health. Current milage is there also
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
@carys98 , On the main page when you press Location the map pops up. Near the bottom you can press Directions and then a choice of Apple or Google maps comes up.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.
Yeah, that was it. I thought it would switch the map source in FordPass to Apple or Waze but it just takes you to the other app.

gratney

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER / Azure Gray
Occupation
Lab manager
If there was a way to integrate the "My Trips" feature that was removed with Google Maps that would be a winner. I've used Google Maps for probably a decade, but without being to search Blue Oval chargers, I toggle a lot between Nav apps. I'd love if the Ford network chargers could be an overlay on Google maps and could plan trips from there.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
When I first opened the app (iOS) it popped up a choice for maps and I just clicked Google. I haven’t been able to find a way to change that selection. Does anyone know how to switch to Apple or Waze?
@carys98 , On the main page when you press Location the map pops up. Near the bottom you can press Directions and then a choice of Apple or Google maps comes up.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.
Yeah, that was it. I thought it would switch the map source in FordPass to Apple or Waze but it just takes you to the other app.
That WORKED for you? I can't seem to get rid of Waze and get Google maps. I have no choice to click Google or Waze.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the tip. You are a great moderator and contributor!

I checked the truck. Both home and work are set to 90%. I was pretty "amped" when I saw I had 315 miles of range, and I went down to only 313 after driving 20 miles locally running errands.

When I got home, I plugged it in, and the charger did not activate, so maybe all is well.

My phone as a key is FUBAR'd. I guess I have to do a full reset?
Update. Plugged in at work, charged to 90%. Came home, plugged in, and plugged to 100% again. SOC is set to 90% for both Home and Work. This sucks.

Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
That WORKED for you? I can't seem to get rid of Waze and get Google maps. I have no choice to click Google or Waze.
This is what I get when I click the Directions button. I didn’t tell FordPass what apps I had and I don’t think there are any settings to change so I assume that as long as you have Google Maps on your phone it should show up.

Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know IMG_0441

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is what I get when I click the Directions button. I didn’t tell FordPass what apps I had and I don’t think there are any settings to change so I assume that as long as you have Google Maps on your phone it should show up.

IMG_0441.jpeg
That's nice. I don't have that option. The App opens Waze without my making a choice.

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
...I assume that as long as you have Google Maps on your phone it should show up.
I get to share some of my understanding of Android and iOS today!

If an app responds to opening a URL, Both Android and iOS apps can detect if that app is installed. It does this by first "testing" a URL before opening it. For instance, on Android, for Google Maps, it can run the following code:

Code:
val intent = Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, Uri.parse("https://www.google.com/maps/"))
val isGoogleMapsInstalled = intent.resolveActivity(context.packageManager) != null
On iOS, Google Maps can be discovered with:

Swift:
let isGoogleMapsInstalled = UIApplication.shared.canOpenURL("comgooglemaps://")
let isWazeMapsInstalled = UIApplication.shared.canOpenURL("waze://")
THE MORE YOU KNOW!

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
My .02
Pros:
Looks better, seems less clunky
Cons:
Less clunky because they removed almost every feature in the original app
By version 8 it will just be a picture of your truck.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Tim & Niles did a great job summarizing our experiences & frustrations, short & little of what they have to say ...... 'at some point missing features will come back'.

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
By version 8 it will just be a picture of your truck.
If you would kindly upvote my home screen photo feature enhancement request.

The only feedback I'd give is that the new app is missing the ability to toggle the size of the truck image on the home screen. This is a critical feature in my daily usage of the app and wish there was a way to revert to a previous app version on iOS.

If you do decide to bring truck image resizing forward to the new app, if you could also enhance this home screen feature to be able to place custom backdrops so I can visualize my truck against a variety of locations.

For instance, although I won't be taking my truck with me to my family's vacation to Hawaii in a few weeks, I would love to be able to snap a photo of a picturesque roadside view while on locale and, in the app, place the truck image over it. If I can't take my truck with me on vacation, at least enable the app allow me to to emulate it.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.
So instead of being able to check your trailer lights by standing behind your hooked up trailer with your Fordpass app on your phone, and turning the signal lights on and off to check from there, which was working, now, as part of this new and improved in-app experience, you get to come back up to the vehicle, activate the left turn signal, go outside to stand behind the hooked up trailer to check that it works, then come back up to the vehicle, turn off the left turn signal and turn on the right turn signal, go outside to stand behind the hooked up trailer to check, and so on, and so on.

Its very important that you believe that Ford Motor Company is working for YOU. This new improved in-app experience is designed to make sure you get your exercise. Coming soon: no one can have access to whatever features are left unless they pay a monthly subscription!

Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.