Not open for further replies.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
So instead of being able to check your trailer lights by standing behind your hooked up trailer with your Fordpass app on your phone, and turning the signal lights on and off to check from there, which was working, now, as part of this new and improved in-app experience, you get to come back up to the vehicle, activate the left turn signal, go outside to stand behind the hooked up trailer to check that it works, then come back up to the vehicle, turn off the left turn signal and turn on the right turn signal, go outside to stand behind the hooked up trailer to check, and so on, and so on.

Its very important that you believe that Ford Motor Company is working for YOU. This new improved in-app experience is designed to make sure you get your exercise. Coming soon: no one can have access to whatever features are left unless they pay a monthly subscription!

Bill.png
But....everything loads faster!
Sponsored

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Hi F-150 Lightning owners! If you recently updated your FordPass® app, you may have noticed it looks a little different. We are pleased to share that we have rolled out a newly designed app that is easy to use and efficient to help you better manage your vehicle remotely.
Here is what is new:
  • Simplified Experience: We have reduced the number of steps it takes to access functions and made it easier to find them. As an EV owner, you can enjoy a simplified slider for target charge. Also, instead of having to press and hold to turn the vehicle ‘on’, it is now a simple tap.
  • Remote Climate Control: As a Lightning owner you will be able to control your truck's climate control and windshield defrost, as well as heated seats and steering wheel (if equipped), all from the app. Similar to the Remote Start feature, Remote Climate Control helps you conveniently prepare your truck before getting in to drive.
  • Apple Watch Integration: If you have an Apple Watch, in addition to lock/unlock and remote start/stop you will also be able to use the following features from your wrist:
    • View battery level and range
    • View charging status, including: Charging speed, Next departure time based on when desired charge is reached, Current preferred charging window
    • View vehicle location
    • Activate horn and lights remotely
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.

We love to hear from our owners so let us know what you think and if you have any questions about FordPass!

EDIT (5/28/24):
Many of you had additional questions, so we wanted to provide some supplemental information about the newly designed FordPass app. Some of your exact features may vary depending on your vehicle model.
  • Remote climate: To access your remote climate settings, just turn on climate via the central fan icon. You can control your vehicle temperature as well as heated or cooled surfaces (defrost, seats, steering) to condition your cabin before you start your vehicle.
  • All about service: To reach the service dashboard, click the tool icon on the bottom right of your screen. You will find a vehicle health status list that includes the odometer reading and tire pressure. If you’d like to add your vehicle service history, this can be done via Ford.com.
  • Trip Planning: While there’s no trip planning feature in FordPass right now, you can still use your in-vehicle touchscreen to access this feature. We’re exploring a simpler, more reliable version of this feature for FordPass.
  • Google Maps: To turn your Google Maps consent on or off, go to your Account settings, then Legal & Privacy, then Privacy.
  • Beep Beep: To reach the horn and lights feature, go to the location section right on the front screen.
  • Lock from anywhere: To tell if the vehicle is locked or unlocked, just click on your desired lock/ unlock state. The vehicle will then confirm “locked” or “unlocked” with a green check.
  • Tailgate party: Depending on your vehicle’s capability, Phone As A Key™ Bluetooth controls for the windows, trunk/frunk, and tailgate are found in the "Bluetooth Controls" menu right alongside all your other primary controls.
  • Add a friend: If your Ford vehicle is already connected in FordPass, you can find and manage any new vehicle user access requests by selecting your vehicle in the app, then selecting Vehicle Details. From there, you can approve or deny any new user access requests.
Please note: FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

524241.png

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Has anybody on Android tried deleting Fordpass 5.0.0 and side loading 4.37.0? I've had it with this "update". I'm just worried about PAAK functionality.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Where? Do you have something we don't?

1000026596.jpg
perhaps you don't have a preferred dealer. I do and I've had my Lariat for 6 months and the complete history is there

Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know Screenshot_20240529-224614

Last edited by a moderator:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
perhaps you don't have a preferred dealer. I do and I've had my Lariat for 6 months and the complete history is there

Screenshot_20240529-224614.png
I have that. Where is the warranty info? That is what we're talking about.

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
If you're referring to open CSPs or Warranty items, is it possible you're all caught up? Even on the old app, mine went away once I had completed them all. A coworker who bought a new truck also didn't have one because his didn't have any CSP campaigns. I imagine it could be the same here.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
If you're referring to open CSPs or Warranty items, is it possible you're all caught up? Even on the old app, mine went away once I had completed them all. A coworker who bought a new truck also didn't have one because his didn't have any CSP campaigns. I imagine it could be the same here.
That is not the only info that was on that page. It had the warranty start date and information on any extended warranty purchases.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
So instead of being able to check your trailer lights by standing behind your hooked up trailer with your Fordpass app on your phone, and turning the signal lights on and off to check from there, which was working, now, as part of this new and improved in-app experience, you get to come back up to the vehicle, activate the left turn signal, go outside to stand behind the hooked up trailer to check that it works, then come back up to the vehicle, turn off the left turn signal and turn on the right turn signal, go outside to stand behind the hooked up trailer to check, and so on, and so on.

Its very important that you believe that Ford Motor Company is working for YOU. This new improved in-app experience is designed to make sure you get your exercise. Coming soon: no one can have access to whatever features are left unless they pay a monthly subscription!

Bill.png
I always initiate the light check from the center main screen. It will run for 5 cycles giving you plenty of time to walk to the back of the trailer and see it go through all of the lighting sequences. So it's still available but not from FordPass

flux capacitor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
For those saying they do not have the heated steering wheel feature showing, it is there…just hidden. Once you press the fan symbol and the climate control comes on, you will be able to see the wheel and seat functions.
I have the heated steering wheel and when you click on the fan for Remote climate there is no detail of anything you said it is just a turning fan.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
I have the heated steering wheel and when you click on the fan for Remote climate there is no detail of anything you said it is just a turning fan.
This is what I have for Connected Vehicle features & Remote Start.

Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know 1717079445560-zh
Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know 1717079598301-ii

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
I always initiate the light check from the center main screen. It will run for 5 cycles giving you plenty of time to walk to the back of the trailer and see it go through all of the lighting sequences. So it's still available but not from FordPass
Oops. That would be good enough for me. I don't know how the phone makers managed to get the world using their tiny screens instead of laptops anyway. In future, I'll try not to shoot my mouth off about how FordPass interacts with an actual Lightning until I get my hands on the Flash I'm shopping for.

flux capacitor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
I have had some time with this new App and I still don't like it. I did finally find the Tire pressure and vehicle mileage with davehu help.

I don't like the fact that the Remote climate only seems to work when you are home. I tried to turn it on when I went to the hardware store to have my truck all cooled down and when I opened the app the controls were blanked out except for the bluetooth control button for the tailgate and the frunk.

We have the greatest new tech of an EV where the HVAC can be run all by it self no engine that has to be started where we can keep our vehicle cool or warm. What is ford afraid of someone forgetting and it runs the battery down? With the size of the battery it will take long time even put a dent in it. We should be able to do all kinds of cool things that people with gas vehicles can't do.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Hi F-150 Lightning owners! If you recently updated your FordPass® app, you may have noticed it looks a little different. We are pleased to share that we have rolled out a newly designed app that is easy to use and efficient to help you better manage your vehicle remotely.
Here is what is new:
  • Simplified Experience: We have reduced the number of steps it takes to access functions and made it easier to find them. As an EV owner, you can enjoy a simplified slider for target charge. Also, instead of having to press and hold to turn the vehicle ‘on’, it is now a simple tap.
  • Remote Climate Control: As a Lightning owner you will be able to control your truck's climate control and windshield defrost, as well as heated seats and steering wheel (if equipped), all from the app. Similar to the Remote Start feature, Remote Climate Control helps you conveniently prepare your truck before getting in to drive.
  • Apple Watch Integration: If you have an Apple Watch, in addition to lock/unlock and remote start/stop you will also be able to use the following features from your wrist:
    • View battery level and range
    • View charging status, including: Charging speed, Next departure time based on when desired charge is reached, Current preferred charging window
    • View vehicle location
    • Activate horn and lights remotely
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.

We love to hear from our owners so let us know what you think and if you have any questions about FordPass!

EDIT (5/28/24):
Many of you had additional questions, so we wanted to provide some supplemental information about the newly designed FordPass app. Some of your exact features may vary depending on your vehicle model.
  • Remote climate: To access your remote climate settings, just turn on climate via the central fan icon. You can control your vehicle temperature as well as heated or cooled surfaces (defrost, seats, steering) to condition your cabin before you start your vehicle.
  • All about service: To reach the service dashboard, click the tool icon on the bottom right of your screen. You will find a vehicle health status list that includes the odometer reading and tire pressure. If you’d like to add your vehicle service history, this can be done via Ford.com.
  • Trip Planning: While there’s no trip planning feature in FordPass right now, you can still use your in-vehicle touchscreen to access this feature. We’re exploring a simpler, more reliable version of this feature for FordPass.
  • Google Maps: To turn your Google Maps consent on or off, go to your Account settings, then Legal & Privacy, then Privacy.
  • Beep Beep: To reach the horn and lights feature, go to the location section right on the front screen.
  • Lock from anywhere: To tell if the vehicle is locked or unlocked, just click on your desired lock/ unlock state. The vehicle will then confirm “locked” or “unlocked” with a green check.
  • Tailgate party: Depending on your vehicle’s capability, Phone As A Key™ Bluetooth controls for the windows, trunk/frunk, and tailgate are found in the "Bluetooth Controls" menu right alongside all your other primary controls.
  • Add a friend: If your Ford vehicle is already connected in FordPass, you can find and manage any new vehicle user access requests by selecting your vehicle in the app, then selecting Vehicle Details. From there, you can approve or deny any new user access requests.
Please note: FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

524241.png
Nice New look; when I click on the Bluetooth connect button, I get a message saying “disconnected ”. A couple of times it said “connecting” but still no go. Any ideas?

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Yesterday I used Remote Climate Control from iPhone FordPass 5.0 for the first time. A remote thermometer inside the cab showed a temperature of 120 degrees F. I walked out to confirm it was running and it sounded like a helicopter had landed on my driveway with all the fan noise. It cooled down the cab about 10 degrees in 15 minutes and shut itself down. A few minutes later when I tried to start the truck I got a message that the key was not detected. The key was in my pocket. I got out and locked / unlocked the doors with the key fob several times, touched the key fob to the start button, etc. Nothing worked for 5 minutes or more. Then after about 10 attempts, it worked. I shut it down and restarted several times to ensure I would not get stranded on my errand drive. Everything has worked properly since the SNAFU.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.