Henry Ford

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
I managed to turn on Plug and Charge by canceling Blue Oval and reactivating it. Prior to doing that it mentioned 250 kWh of free charging under Key Features on the Blue Oval page. Now there's no mention of free charging.

Oh well, maybe the deal is done or maybe I used it all prior to getting a charger at home.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Is there a best practice SOP, if I want to use the app for a provider (like Electrify America) in BlueOval Charge Network while keeping my subscription active? so that I have the option at a location in case the network App has a problem, I could use the Plug & charge.

Or it is all or nothing and I have to cancel Plug and charge so it does not take over at a charging station?

I know with the superchargers, I was able to use the Tesla app to activate and was billed from Tesla while my Ford account was active. Not sure if that would work with other providers.

I am basically trying to decide if I should cancel my BlueOval Charge Network subscription.

I appreciate any tips from those of you that have more DCFC experience. Thanks

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Is there a best practice SOP, if I want to use the app for a provider (like Electrify America) in BlueOval Charge Network while keeping my subscription active? so that I have the option at a location in case the network App has a problem, I could use the Plug & charge.
Just switch off P&C while enjoying the Tesla app and discount program if it works best for you, I would leave P&C configured with an active CC for the rare occasion you need to use another service, then just switch it back on.

Ford F-150 Lightning How Do I Turn On Plug and Charge? 1720557644572-jx
Ford F-150 Lightning How Do I Turn On Plug and Charge? 1720557662450-ed

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ

Or it is all or nothing and I have to cancel Plug and charge so it does not take over at a charging station?

I know with the superchargers, I was able to use the Tesla app to activate and was billed from Tesla while my Ford account was active. Not sure if that would work with other providers.

I am basically trying to decide if I should cancel my BlueOval Charge Network subscription.

I appreciate any tips from those of you that have more DCFC experience. Thanks
I signed up for the EA membership last year for a month where I think I put 2000 road trip miles on my MME, I missed out on the discount the first time because I followed the "plug in first" prompt. With both EA and Tesla you can stay enrolled in P&C and just activate the charger via the app first to get your membership rate.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Just switch off P&C while enjoying the Tesla app and discount program if it works best for you, I would leave P&C configured with an active CC for the rare occasion you need to use another service, then just switch it back on.

1720557644572-jx.png
1720557662450-ed.png
I completely missed that. It looks like after I ran out of my 250 KWh, I must have turned it off and forgot that I did. Senior moments are coming at me more frequently. Thanks
Sponsored