First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue; Tesla Y
Occupation
Attorney
Ordered new pair of Rough Country 3" Lift upper control arms. Around $325 for quick free FedEx shipping. There's a mad squeak coming from the UCAs, so hopefully this resolves things.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
FINALLY got around to doing this.

How it started...

IMG_8759.jpeg

IMG_8758.jpeg

IMG_8757.jpeg

How it ended......

IMG_8764.jpeg

IMG_8765.jpeg

IMG_8766.jpeg

I am not a tailor but I think it turned out pretty nice.
Got it from Amazon. $60
It says genuine leather.
Feels nice.
Took about 2 1/2 hours to install plus I watched a couple videos before hand. And I only drew blood twice.
Looks great! 😃

asianman35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue Pro
FINALLY got around to doing this.

How it started...

IMG_8759.jpeg

IMG_8758.jpeg

IMG_8757.jpeg

How it ended......

IMG_8764.jpeg

IMG_8765.jpeg

IMG_8766.jpeg

I am not a tailor but I think it turned out pretty nice.
Got it from Amazon. $60
It says genuine leather.
Feels nice.
Took about 2 1/2 hours to install plus I watched a couple videos before hand. And I only drew blood twice.

you are bold my friend. I thought about doing this, but just couldnt stomach it. I just bought a leather wheel off ebay and replaced it.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Homelink, autodimming rear-view mirror

PXL_20240626_233640161.jpg

Thanks to Bob's Automotive Mirrors & More, LLC, who provided the harness, it was truly plug and play. Took me less than 5 minutes to install. Mirror was $20 on ebay.
I have a spare mirror like that from a previous car but lost the harness. While I don't need it in my lightning, I would love to get a harness for a future vehicle. Thanks for the link!

Sponsored

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
Part of it was cost. Also, on this forum I've seen complaints that the homelink visor had very limited range. Ultimately, it was really easy and cheap for me to do it this way. My previous car had the exact same mirror, so I'm used to the buttons and whatnot.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have a spare mirror like that from a previous car but lost the harness. While I don't need it in my lightning, I would love to get a harness for a future vehicle. Thanks for the link!
Do you have a link for the mirror and specific harness?

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have the eBay link? Awesome job!
The mirror you want is a Gentex 453, but it's not always labeled as that. The mirror was used by Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Nissan, and other manufacturers. So I just did a search for 'homelink mirror'. What you are looking for is one that looks like this:
Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 7416FB9B-ED2D-4A77-9E6F-4C498C023B8E

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? D5DB91B3-691C-4AD7-9778-4E97581B5D03

I just did a search on ebay and here's the cheapest option right now.

Here's what you do to order the adapter:

Go here: https://www.bobsmirrors.com/product.asp?itemid=1650

For the various drop-down options:

1. Male to Female

2. 6 wires (yes…even though there are only 5 in your truck’s original mirror connector, the power wire gets split into two as there are two separate power connections on the Homelink mirror).

3. Select the desired length of the adapter harness, Bob recommends 12”, but I actually think that 6" or 8" would have been fine.

4. In the freeform text box type or copy & paste "Standard Gentex 10 pin Homelink female to 16 pin male F150 connector”

I think I paid $40 for the adapter shipped.

You can also save yourself the $40 and just splice the wires yourself without the adapter. There are some posts on the forum about how to do it. Let me know if you can't find them. I just don't like cutting wires in my truck. With the adapter, everything is easily and completely reversable.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
The mirror you want is a Gentex 453, but it's not always labeled as that. The mirror was used by Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Nissan, and other manufacturers. So I just did a search for 'homelink mirror'. What you are looking for is one that looks like this:
7416FB9B-ED2D-4A77-9E6F-4C498C023B8E.jpg

D5DB91B3-691C-4AD7-9778-4E97581B5D03.jpg

I just did a search on ebay and here's the cheapest option right now.

Here's what you do to order the adapter:

Go here: https://www.bobsmirrors.com/product.asp?itemid=1650

For the various drop-down options:

1. Male to Female

2. 6 wires (yes…even though there are only 5 in your truck’s original mirror connector, the power wire gets split into two as there are two separate power connections on the Homelink mirror).

3. Select the desired length of the adapter harness, Bob recommends 12”, but I actually think that 6" or 8" would have been fine.

4. In the freeform text box type or copy & paste "Standard Gentex 10 pin Homelink female to 16 pin male F150 connector”

I think I paid $40 for the adapter shipped.

You can also save yourself the $40 and just splice the wires yourself without the adapter. There are some posts on the forum about how to do it. Let me know if you can't find them. I just don't like cutting wires in my truck. With the adapter, everything is easily and completely reversable.
Thank u! Just ordered all of it.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
@SteuLight did steller job describing what he got, which is more current than mine. I bought a basic Gentex mirror (no compass) that came with a harness which I put in a Honda S2000 I was driving at the time (2012). I got a little careless in it and totaled it. The mirror had been knocked off in the accident, so I picked it up along with my other things but never had an opportunity to yank out the harness before it was out of my hands. So the mirror just hangs out in my tool box (no particular reason, just where it ended up) waiting or a solution. Now Stue has shown me the Light, I know where to go when we replace the Pilot ( which will happen soon, A/C is giving her grief and that's a deal breaker in the desert ).

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll add that Bob's mirrors has some newer mirrors that can be added if cost isn't an issue and you want something fancier. For example, this mirror is plug and play, has the homelink buttons hidden on the bottom and is frameless. I just didn't want to pay that much.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Homelink, autodimming rear-view mirror

PXL_20240626_233640161.jpg

Thanks to Bob's Automotive Mirrors & More, LLC, who provided the harness, it was truly plug and play. Took me less than 5 minutes to install. Mirror was $20 on ebay.
That's awesome, Todd! We love to see these unique details you've given to your F-150 Lightning! Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored