• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New owner, questions about build quality/road noise

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Hmmm that is interesting, is the piece that that brace attaches too (that’s not the fender) usually painted body color, or is it usually black like yours?
Good question. I can only assume it's supposed to be black.

EDIT: Well, you know what happens when you ASSuME. Looking at a Munro Live video, it looks like they are body color. Mine might appear black because I have a blue truck, and they don't spray the clear topcoat on that area. But the white bumper you have still suggests that it was painted.

Ford F-150 Lightning New owner, questions about build quality/road noise Screenshot 2024-09-29 194612
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

rockytj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning xlt er
Good question. I can only assume it's supposed to be black.

EDIT: Well, you know what happens when you ASSuME. Looking at a Munro Live video, it looks like they are body color. Mine might appear black because I have a blue truck, and they don't spray the clear topcoat on that area. But the white bumper you have still suggests that it was painted.

Screenshot 2024-09-29 194612.jpg
I found that same video when I was trying to figure out the paint thing. I took both of the posts out to look at them, and they're identical in terms of paint on the threaded portion, and the underside of the stopper. I'm wondering if this could simply be a case of one not being taped during normal production, or a sticker/cover getting peeled off on one and not the other.

Without their being any other parts/paint that looks off, and no other signs of working being done that honestly seems like the simplest explanation. I'm still going to get it checked out just to be sure, but I'm feeling a little more hopeful everything is good.