Sponsored

When will 2025s be available? And does Ford normally run promotions to move older models?

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
It appears that most of the 2024s have plastic (Active-X) seats. For 2025, only the Platinum has leather.
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
OP
OP

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
If I had to guess I don't think we will ever see a refresh of the Lightning. Ford's new truck "T3" will likely be its replacement. The Lightning is just too expensive to make, it's not a very efficient design. A purpose-built ground-up EV is cheaper to make on an ongoing basis. The Lightning is really an ICE F150 converted to be electric.
Farley has said that big vehicles do not make good EVs (from a business standpoint). Batteries are too expensive-- lower trims are going to lose money. Ford efficiency is behind Tesla, but not as abysmal as GM. The efficiency matters less if they designed an EV truck from the ground up, and probably made it smaller (Ranger sized?).

toskin

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford Lightning Flash
Here in the Midwest we’ve seen 15k-16.5k off (including the full EV tax credit) new 2024 Flashes and XLTs. These are also 0% financing for 60 months through Ford Credit, which puts them in the same general ballpark as a used Lightning if you are financing it.

My advice - 2024 Flash financed at 0% - first year for the heat pump, last year for a full size spare, adaptive cruise control, scales…

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A
It appears that most of the 2024s have plastic (Active-X) seats. For 2025, only the Platinum has leather.
Does anyone have this synthetic Active X on their Mach E or Lariat? I’m curious how it will be on the 25 Flash since the seats won’t be cooled.

OP
OP

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
Does anyone have this synthetic Active X on their Mach E or Lariat? I’m curious how it will be on the 25 Flash since the seats won’t be cooled.
Have not experienced the Ford seats, but when I got a VW GTI in 2017 I opted for the plastic leather seats, non-ventilated, instead of cloth or real leather and they were easily the worst part of the car (I sold it a few years later). The seat shape was comfortable but when it was hot it was only slightly better than wearing a trash bag (unless you enjoyed teenage hazing).
Sponsored