Sponsored

Would anyone else have preferred Cyber Orange as a color option?

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I'm a big fan of any non-neutral color.

Back in the 70s, we had all sorts of colors... do a quick image search of "cars of the 70s" and you'll see what I mean. You'll see every share of orange, yellow, purple, gold, etc... and each color was bold, bright and in your face.
You made me look. Yellows, Purple, bright green. They all looked good
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
You made me look. Yellows, Purple, bright green. They all looked good
I grew up in the 70s, and every cool car I ever saw was a fun color, so a bright orange truck is absolutely a good idea to me.

My trucks have always been bright blue. I've also considered red, but some of Ford's reds have been more like a wine color. If I go red, I want it to be super red... like a fire truck. Sometimes Ford calls their bright red "Race Red" but they don't always offer that shade.

Color choices these days are partially the result of a snowball effect. Car dealers stock the most popular colors. Since most people take a car off the lot rather than order custom, that reinforces the popularity of the colors they stocked. Eventually, people ONLY see those colors on the street, further reinforcing their popularity.

For some brands, colors have vanished completely. You almost never see a colorful luxury car. When was the last time you saw a Mercedes that wasn't white, black, or silver?

It seems like sports cars and off road vehicles like Jeeps and Broncos are the only exception these days. You rarely see a Ferrari or a Lamborghini in a neutral color.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
I wish they had offered the Bronco colors, the are some great choices there. I imagine there will be a few new colors available next model year though.

Sponsored

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
I picked carbonized gray, think I might try to add a couple of small accents in the lightning blue color to add a little personal touch, that stuff gets tacky quickly imo so I'll have to be careful!

ilkhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Escape Limted
Not cyber orange, but I'd kill for a good green.

Reactions: GDN

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Ford probably wanted to stay close to the 'truck buyers' who use their vehicle for practical purposes and maybe aren't trying to 'stand out' in a crowd - a farmer, plumber, and the average truck commuter may want to stay within the normal confines of 'average' colors...
I'm sure as the time progresses, and maybe other 'trims' or 'models' start to emerge, you'll see more of the 'fast' colors, like the MachE would suggest, or the 'off road' color schemes of the Bronco, but those are different vehicles for different buyers.