• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Hauling the old hot tub cover to the refuse center along with the pallet and box from the new cover and some other cardboard.
Pallet is 56"+ wide x 96" long. Sits up on one wheel hump a little in the standard F150 bed.

(Would have had to have been loaded on edge if in a Cybertruck)

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 1713120794346-wh

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Helped a friend haul some mulch. There's probably close to 2 yards in there which was prooooobably over weight by a few hundred pounds. 😅 Gonna avoid that much in the future so I can keep my suspension in good shape over the years, but the truck didn't seem to mind. Will also be lining the bed with a tarp next time -- the one I had was ripped more than I thought before I embarked on my trip. Aside from those hiccups no problems.

I also got the harbor freight unloader to work with some scrap wood screwed together and some ratchet straps since our tailgates are too wide.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_0353

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Practicing being an excavation contractor. Buddy picked up the new mini X at Ritchie Bros a couple months ago for ~$2K and change. Impressive digger and excellent at finding old telecom cables 🙄!
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_3894

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hauling the old hot tub cover to the refuse center along with the pallet and box from the new cover and some other cardboard.
Pallet is 56"+ wide x 96" long. Sits up on one wheel hump a little in the standard F150 bed.

(Would have had to have been loaded on edge if in a Cybertruck)

1713120794346-wh.png
That's right, Rick! And with on-board scaling, the F-150 Lightning makes sure you're never over capacity on anything you're hauling!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Practicing being an excavation contractor. Buddy picked up the new mini X at Ritchie Bros a couple months ago for ~$2K and change. Impressive digger and excellent at finding old telecom cables 🙄!
IMG_3894.jpeg
That's awesome! We'd love to see more of that F-150 Lightning you've got tucked away!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Truck things... Here I am using the F-150 Lightning's Pro Power Onboard to charge locomotive starting batteries. A locomotive's low voltage system is 64V and the lead acid starting batteries weigh about 3,500lbs.

PXL_20240402_144325838.jpg
Wow! That's incredible, Jamie! We bet you're the talk of the tailgate with that kind of display of the F-150 Lightning's power!

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
That's right, Rick! And with on-board scaling, the F-150 Lightning makes sure you're never over capacity on anything you're hauling!
This may be controversial, but I wish that the scale displayed how much over capacity the load is. Right now, it just maxes out. But there is a big difference between being 50lbs over and 1200lbs over and I would like to know that difference.

Also wish they would just display the current load as a number in lbs. The bar graph is not nearly as useful.

Sponsored

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro ER
I started building a playhouse for our kids in the backyard. Instead of walking back and forth between the garage and backyard I made my Lightning a mobile workshop with the PPO. Worked perfectly and made everything easier and quicker.

And to the ford engineer who thought of the clamping spots on the tailgate - thank you!

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_0661

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_0662

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_0663

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I started building a playhouse for our kids in the backyard. Instead of walking back and forth between the garage and backyard I make my Lightning a mobile workshop with the PPO. Worked perfectly and made everything easier and quicker.

And to the ford engineer who thought of the clamping spots on the tailgate - thank you!

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0662.jpeg

IMG_0663.jpeg
We're glad you're enjoying the F-150 Lightning! Our teams worked hard to bring thoughtful design choices to life!
Sponsored