• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Look a truck doing truck stuff!

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
First big load I have used the Lightning for. Had to replace my entire back fence. 175 fence boards and 30 2x4s. Truck drove like there was nothing loaded in it. Still had plenty of power and acceleration. I measured the height of the bumper before and after and there was only a 2" drop when fully loaded. I was expecting more. All the fence boards were wet and heavy. Overall I was very impressed.

Ford F-150 Lightning Look a truck doing truck stuff! 20240601_111440

Ford F-150 Lightning Look a truck doing truck stuff! 20240601_111447
Sponsored

Joe.....Montana

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Wet and heavy? Must have purchased them from Home Depot. I put in a new fence last year and had to order 300 fence boards so I had it shipped directly to my home from Home Depot. When the boards arrived I spent a solid week laying them out on the driveway in the sun to cure. Also had to return 70 boards that were not useable.

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Yeah, if they are wet, I hope they do not curl up once they dry

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
First big load I have used the Lightning for. Had to replace my entire back fence. 175 fence boards and 30 2x4s. Truck drove like there was nothing loaded in it. Still had plenty of power and acceleration. I measured the height of the bumper before and after and there was only a 2" drop when fully loaded. I was expecting more. All the fence boards were wet and heavy. Overall I was very impressed.

20240601_111440.jpg

20240601_111447.jpg
So glad you're enjoying having your Lightning, Ryan!

OP
OP

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wet and heavy? Must have purchased them from Home Depot. I put in a new fence last year and had to order 300 fence boards so I had it shipped directly to my home from Home Depot. When the boards arrived I spent a solid week laying them out on the driveway in the sun to cure. Also had to return 70 boards that were not useable.
Close. Got them from Lowe's. They are drying out now. Will install this weekend hopefully. I was afraid what I would get if I had them shipped so I spent 1-2 hours picking through the pile. Feel bad for the next person as I stacked up all the crappy boards nicely before I left.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, if they are wet, I hope they do not curl up once they dry
I have them stacked up in the driveway like setting up a bonfire. Got the 2x4s on the top and bottom to try and keep them from curling. We will see how it goes.

OP
OP

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Be careful on the right pedal. The Lightning has a quick unload feature at the bottom of the pedal and you don't want to find it by accident at a stoplight :cool:
Dang! I had no idea. I'll have to look for it next time to unload faster in the driveway. Lol

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

20240601_111440.jpg

20240601_111447.jpg
We're so happy to hear you are loving your Lightning Ryan! :)

Formerly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022
Occupation
Construction Estimation
Be careful on the right pedal. The Lightning has a quick unload feature at the bottom of the pedal and you don't want to find it by accident at a stoplight :cool:
This is how 'flat' deliveries are made by lumber yards who don't have moffet/spiders on their trucks yet 😂

Sponsored

srvethelord

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Military
Ryan, I was looking at your photo with the hill in front of the Lightning and I thought, "That looks kind of like California. I wonder where this guy's from?" Then I checked your name and status and saw you are in Cali. Nice. That's where I'm from.

OP
OP

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ryan, I was looking at your photo with the hill in front of the Lightning and I thought, "That looks kind of like California. I wonder where this guy's from?" Then I checked your name and status and saw you are in Cali. Nice. That's where I'm from.
Yup SoCal
Sponsored